Did we really want this?

Started by Nukiemorph, Jun 07, 2017, 09:59:44 PM

Author
Did we really want this? (Read 12,057 times)

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: PierreVW on Jun 13, 2017, 09:57:49 PM
Quote from: LCpl. D. Grant on Jun 13, 2017, 09:32:24 PM
Quote from: windebieste on Jun 12, 2017, 03:50:52 AM
It's still entirely possible to make EXACTLY what you want - but without Ripley.  It doesn't have to be a retcon, either.

There's nothing stopping Fox from greenlighting a movie that features a Marines vs Aliens scenario that will keep just about everyone happy.  The problem comes when people want everything.  You're not going to get it. 

There's no reason why another colony can't be infected and the USCM are sent to clean up the mess.  It just doesn't even need Ripley, Hicks and Newt and it's not the path Fox took and we are stuck with it now.  It would have been great if such a movie was made instead of 'ALIEN 3', back in the early 1990's; but that's 25 years ago - a quarter of a Century has passed, already.  More since 'ALIENS'.

For all we know, Scott's next 'ALIEN' prequel will do just that, though.  I'd say it's a high likelihood considering the closing moments of 'ALIEN: Covenant'.   Fox need to pull their finger out and deliver such a crowd pleaser now.  They can do so within the current series of movies and feature military vs xenos.  It will just feature different characters.  That's where I think this series is headed.

-Windebieste.

I don't think Covenant performed well enough, unfortunately. We may get a soft-reboot after all.

Soft Reboot?.

With Who?.

If Covenant flopped, the most logical result is FOX cancelling ALL Alien movies for the next few years.

Yeah, for the next few years. But they'll never stop making Alien films. I could see Julie Benz being cast as Ripley, like they recast Captain Kirk with Chris Pine in the new Star Trek.

Russ

Russ

I always thought that Nichole Kidman would be a good stand in. I remember watching Dead Calm and was shocked at how much she resembled Sigourney in that movie:

If they wanted someone more mature, that'd be my choice.

But honestly, I hope that if this happens, its still Weaver and Biehn... look at great Signourney looked in that NB short. She was totally awesome.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

it depends on who "we" are. I certainly didn't want this movie and I know a lot of people are in the same boat as me on that one.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Oh we'll get our alternate Alien 3 someday. Just like we got our Ridley return.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jul 13, 2017, 06:12:34 PM

Probably.

Just like we will get an Alien reboot or remake someday...

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I wanted it.
I wish even more that it'd happen in light of the mess that is Covenant.

Hemi

Hemi

Yes... as a sequel to a reboot. Seem inevitable after the arc of David is completed. Full reboot, and Blomkamp get's to direct the 3rd. My guess anyway.

windebieste

windebieste

Have you gotten out of your cryo pod lately? Coz to me it looks like you're just dreaming.

Hang onto that dream, Man.  Hang on.

-Windebieste.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jul 13, 2017, 06:12:34 PMOh we'll get our alternate Alien 3 someday. Just like we got our Ridley return.

Not sure that's been a good thing, personally...

Gash

Gash

No. Hated Blomkamp's commissioned concept art, Ripley in an alien exo-suit worst of all - not just bad in itself but more than hints at Blomkamp's single storyline rearing it's head yet again.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I'm not entirely sure if I want this or not, but as time goes, I know i'm more and more certain that i'm not really interested in what Ridley Scott has to say about Alien.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I re-watched Elysium last night and it made me realise that I badly want Blomkamp to direct an Alien movie, but only if someone else writes the script.

bb-15

bb-15

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 01, 2017, 08:17:39 AM
I re-watched Elysium last night and it made me realise that I badly want Blomkamp to direct an Alien movie, but only if someone else writes the script.

I saw "Elysium" once and imo it's not worth a second viewing.
Completely predictable and Sharlto Copley does not work as an antagonist.
- But beyond my personal taste, the box office of "Elysium" when compared with its production budget, will be about the same as where "Covenant" will end up after Japan.
- Why would Fox choose a director who is not going to do better than Scott?

As for A5 bringing back Hicks and Newt, imo they are dead.
Unless the Alien franchise has time travel and a multiverse like Star Trek (which it doesn't), then I'm not going to buy into the completely different sequel timeline of A5.

;)

PierreVW

PierreVW

Quote from: bb-15 on Aug 05, 2017, 09:48:36 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 01, 2017, 08:17:39 AM

I saw "Elysium" once and imo it's not worth a second viewing.
Completely predictable and Sharlto Copley does not work as an antagonist.
- But beyond my personal taste, the box office of "Elysium" when compared with its production budget, will be about the same as where "Covenant" will end up after Japan.
- Why would Fox choose a director who is not going to do better than Scott?

As for A5 bringing back Hicks and Newt, imo they are dead.
Unless the Alien franchise has time travel and a multiverse like Star Trek (which it doesn't), then I'm not going to buy into the completely different sequel timeline of A5.

;)

I agree. FOX likes Ridley Scott more than they do Neill Blomkamp. FOX is still producing a lot of things with Ridley and his Production Company.

I think FOX wanted another A-List Director. But A-List Directors aren't interested.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: bb-15 on Aug 05, 2017, 09:48:36 PMI saw "Elysium" once and imo it's not worth a second viewing.
#

Missing my point somewhat.

I was simply pointing out how well his visual style would work in an Alien movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed