Chinese Edit of Covenant Has No Aliens?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 06, 2017, 02:40:29 PM

Author
Chinese Edit of Covenant Has No Aliens? (Read 47,989 times)

Robopadna

Quote from: Protozoid on Jun 06, 2017, 05:53:54 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 06, 2017, 05:41:02 PM
Quote from: Protozoid on Jun 06, 2017, 05:35:23 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 06, 2017, 02:51:16 PM
QuoteChinese version is 116 min confirmed by official license. FOX held limited previews few hours ago. Audience said no Alien

https://twitter.com/weier1231997/status/872103456533774336
Chinese test audience says no Alien. Does this mean Ridley Scott and Damon Lindelof and Tom Rothman get to have their "I told you so!" moment at Fox? For Ridley, this must be an especially bitter "I told you so" moment. The most populous country in the world doesn't want the alien at all. Fox really effed this up.

I wonder if this movie is better with seven minutes of leaping CGI lizards chopped out. More like the original film, no doubt.

It wasn't the preview audience who wanted "NO ALIEN!" It's probably China's censors who cut it out.

Nice try though.  :)
Read the post I was responding to. "Test audience" said "no alien", not censors. Plain as day.

It is reporting that the film they saw had no aliens in it.   It was censored out.

Protozoid

Ah, I misunderstood. Will be interesting to see reviews and box office fro China to see how they like it. Of it does huge business in China with the Aliens cut out but tanked just about everywhere else, that is also an interesting indicator.

Robopadna

Quote from: Protozoid on Jun 06, 2017, 06:06:40 PM
Ah, I misunderstood. Will be interesting to see reviews and box office fro China to see how they like it. Of it does huge business in China with the Aliens cut out but tanked just about everywhere else, that is also an interesting indicator.

I don't know what it would be an indicator of really. I haven't seen the Chinese cut but I can't imagine its coherent at all. If it succeeds I don't know what that really tells you.

juxtapose

juxtapose

. .i have never seen an alien movie with well developed characters. . . .theirs no time for in a 2 hour action horror .nobody really f**king cares. .yes maybe for the main character. . I watch an alien movie i want action and gore. .character development is of slightly less importance. .their was plenty of character development in covenant. .more than i even cared for. .they gonna get killed in any way. .so who cares. .did the crew of alien have any character development. .did anyone want a flashback scene of ripley running around on a farm and her daddy buying her a pony. .f**k no!. .so you cut the aliens .. Then whats left. .people in space?. .and theirs f**kall to even scream at. .

T Dog

hahaha i definitely wanna see this version! Could be interesting if they hold back on all those Cgi Aliens that are in the final product.

Protozoid

Quote from: juxtapose on Jun 06, 2017, 06:15:03 PM
. .i have never seen an alien movie with well developed characters. . . .theirs no time for in a 2 hour action horror .nobody really f**king cares. .yes maybe for the main character. . I watch an alien movie i want action and gore. .character development is of slightly less importance. .their was plenty of character development in covenant. .more than i even cared for. .they gonna get killed in any way. .so who cares. .did the crew of alien have any character development. .did anyone want a flashback scene of ripley running around on a farm and her daddy buying her a pony. .f**k no!
That's why Ripley and David are the most successful characters: more episodes to develop. I wish we could have followed a preplanned Shaw arc for three movies! Could have been amazong to see an actual developing story and character in this series.

Ingwar

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jun 06, 2017, 05:32:32 PM

I'd be curious to see this version just for fun. That's really odd though.

;)

Jonesy1974

Quote from: Robopadna on Jun 06, 2017, 06:08:37 PM

I don't know what it would be an indicator of really. I haven't seen the Chinese cut but I can't imagine its coherent at all. If it succeeds I don't know what that really tells you.

I can't see it making any sense what so ever and would this also mean no neomorpth either? 

Seed-and-Weed

Seed-and-Weed

Ain't everyone seem to be complaining about the third act with Xeno anyway? It would be interesting to see the "no/less-Xeno" version.

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Jun 06, 2017, 06:57:14 PM

I can't see it making any sense what so ever and would this also mean no neomorpth either?

According to some reviews, the Neomorph got more scenes than Xenomorph. I think someone said there is only about 10+ seconds of Xenomorph's appearance and none of them includes a full-body shot. On the bright side, maybe this will make Xeno mysterious again lol.

Jonesy1974

Quote from: Seed-and-Weed on Jun 06, 2017, 06:59:02 PM
Ain't everyone seem to be complaining about the third act with Xeno anyway? It would be interesting to see the "no/less-Xeno" version.

According to some reviews, the Neomorph got more scenes than Xenomorph. I think someone said there is only about 10+ seconds of Xenomorph's appearance and none of them includes a full-body shot. On the bright side, maybe this will make Xeno mysterious again lol.

Why would they remove the Alien but not the Neo? Those scenes are far more violent.

Seed-and-Weed

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Jun 06, 2017, 07:09:01 PM

Why would they remove the Alien but not the Neo? Those scenes are far more violent.

Yeah, I think the entire backbusting scene along with mouthbusting scene is 90% removed. But they show more adult/adolescent form of Neomorph. I have no idea why they cut the Xeno. But according to some posts, it's Fox studio who cut the film not Chinese censor.

Corporal Hicks

Sounds like it may be akin to watching a Super-B abridged cut!  :P

NickisSmart

Quote from: Ingwar on Jun 06, 2017, 03:26:14 PM
If they're cut then movie won't make any sense at all. It's like watching Terminator without terminator.

Or Garfield-minus-Garfield.

shawsbaby

That's odd. There are plenty of moments with the Xeno running around and approaching that aren't violent or gory at all.

whiterabbit

I'm shitting you not guys... I'm holding out my opinion until I get to see this cut because there is a chance it could be great.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed