Ridley Scott is all talk, Alien 5 will happen.

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jun 01, 2017, 03:34:06 AM

Author
Ridley Scott is all talk, Alien 5 will happen. (Read 4,929 times)

LastSurvivor92

Sigourney Weaver and Michael Biehn have both confirmed there being a script. Mind you, Cameron even said he had a chance to read Blomkamp's script and said GREAT things about it. So why in the Hell would Scott just go off saying there will not be an Alien 5 just because HE says that and how can he make that decision? That's a studio/franchise question. Not a question that only relates to Scott which I find a bit frustrating. Just because Scott is getting free reign now and shining in the spotlight with Alien:Covenant doesn't mean it will stay that way and I find it mildly ignorant of him to assume that a young and aspiring director who is a MASSIVE fan of this series doesn't have what it takes to make an AMAZING Alien film. So I am taking all that Scott talk with a grain of salt. Simple as that.

SM

QuoteSo why in the Hell would Scott just go off saying there will not be an Alien 5 just because HE says that and how can he make that decision?

When did HE supposedly make this decision?

The report quoted him saying it was Fox's call.

whiterabbit

Yea it is Fox's call. I mean even if Ridley said, it's A5 or me, it's still Fox's call.

Kel G 426

Ridley says things like it's "probably" not going to happen and "I don't think" it's going to happen. I'd say the proposal is still on life support.

Hemi

Quote"There was never a script," he said. "It was an idea that evolved from, I believe, a 10-page pitch, and I was meant to be the producer on that. And it didn't evolve. Fox decided that they didn't want to do it and that was it."

Even if Blomkamp says it's not going to happen, fans would still think it has a chance. Let it go.

Kel G 426

Nope. Not letting it go. Sorry.

Russ

Me neither  ;D

SpreadEagleBeagle

I really hope Ridley Scott is right. I really hope that Blomkamp's A5 will NEVER happen.

Hemi

D. Compton Ambrose

Ultimately, it is up to Fox. Sadly, it looks like it may not happen. Perhaps for the best, Alien 3 and Resurrection would not be as watchable for me if Fox declared them non-canon, especially considering it would be unnecessary.

Kel G 426

Quote from: Hemi on Jun 02, 2017, 01:16:56 PM

More like

QuoteAlien 3 and Resurrection would not be as watchable for me if Fox declared them non-canon

I don't plan on watching them again anyway, so no loss there.

Jacku

Maybe Blomkamp is pretending the film is dead and has asked for Ridley to say the same. So it's all a surprise  ;D ;D ;D

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

I think that the movie as we know it is dead, at least until Ridley has finishing his prequel suite. Once all the prequel cards are on the table and Fox are still willing to invest in more Alien movies, I wouldn't be surprised if they recycle parts of Blomkamp's manuscript and concepts for their next Alien project.

Hopefully, a most likely, they won't go with the BS retcon part of A5 and instead have other characters to fill in for Hicks and Newt and possibly even Ripley, unless Ripley 8 will not be the main protagonist in the movie.

windebieste

This thread is sooooo...

and...

and...

-Windebieste.

Kel G 426

We couldn't do it without you, Winde!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed