Why didn't Ridley just have Fassbender play Peter Weyland?

Started by ThunderV, May 30, 2017, 03:24:42 AM

Author
Why didn't Ridley just have Fassbender play Peter Weyland? (Read 3,172 times)

BishopShouldGo

Why wasn't Weyland a main character in an Alien movie. And why was he wasted! Weyland and his David could've been great.

CelticP

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 05, 2017, 01:56:53 PM
Quote from: SM on Jul 02, 2017, 10:56:19 PM
Say his name - with title - enough, and he'll appear. Usually works better if done in front of a mirror.

I'd be terrified if that drunken old Brit materialized out of thin air before me, especially if it works like Terminator time travel and he shows up naked.

In a puff of cigar smoke, he appears.

"Like dude, I like Beavis and Butthead!!!"

Scorpio

I would not have anyone but Guy Pearce play Weyland.  He played that arrogance perfectly.

Much better than Lance Henrikson, IMO.

bleau

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 08, 2017, 03:41:12 AM
I would not have anyone but Guy Pearce play Weyland.  He played that arrogance perfectly.

Much better than Lance Henrikson, IMO.

I love both, but I agree that Guy was the perfect choice. He seemed really intimidating to me also. I also don't think the old man make up was that bad. He was over a hundred I think, so he going to look really old but messed up looking as well. I'm curious as to how Guy managed to have his body look that small and frail when they wake him up. He was hunched a little and his frame looked tiny. Idk I though it was OK. :)

SM

First time I watched it I thought the old age makeup was a bit meh.

Second, I couldn't see an issue with it.

Same thing happened with Tarkin on Rogue One.  First time was a bit dodge, every time since - no problem.

bleau

Same. I agree, it was odd at first but I got used to it and now I think it actually looks good. I think it the power of suggestion type thing, where we are used to seeing actors and then when made to look aged, we just cannot except it at first sight. So we fault the make up until we can adjust or get use to it. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed