Why didn't Ridley just have Fassbender play Peter Weyland?

Started by ThunderV, May 30, 2017, 03:24:42 AM

Author
Why didn't Ridley just have Fassbender play Peter Weyland? (Read 3,152 times)

ThunderV

Considering David was created "In his own image".  Why not just have Fassbender in heavy makeup play Peter Weyland.  it couldn't look any worse than Guy Pierce made up to look like an old man.

SM

Was David created "in his own image"?

Salt The Fries

Quote from: ThunderV on May 30, 2017, 03:24:42 AM
Considering David was created "In his own image".  Why not just have Fassbender in heavy makeup play Peter Weyland.  it couldn't look any worse than Guy Pierce made up to look like an old man.
I don't care. That one flashback scene from Covenant made Weyland much more meaningful than his entire screen time in Prometheus and virals combined.

SpeedyMaxx

Agreed. One of the few perfect scenes in AC.

bb-15

Quote from: ThunderV on May 30, 2017, 03:24:42 AM
Considering David was created "In his own image".  Why not just have Fassbender in heavy makeup play Peter Weyland.

I didn't see David as a duplicate of Weyland but as an artificial "son" of Weyland.

From "Prometheus";

QuoteWeyland: ...His name is David. And he is the closest thing to a son I will ever have...

;)

genocyber

It would be nice having the different company leaders of Weyland have androids modelled after their looks, such as Bishop.

ThunderV

That's what I was thinking.   As much as I disliked AVP...I thought it was a clever tie in to have Lance Henriksen play Weyland.  I like Guy Pierce as well....it just seems like a waste having such a good actor with such little screen time without heavily applied makeup. 

Protozoid

Wasn't it implied by either Scott or one of the writers that David was a combination of Weyland and Vickers?

Originally, the great Max von Sydow was going to play Weyland. That would have significantly reduced the movie's overall cheese factor and probably would have been much more effective.

If Fassbender had played Weyland, David, and Walter, I think it would have been too similar to Brent Spiner playing Soong, Lore, and Data on Star Trek. The dynamic between Walter and David was already a little too similar to the one between Data and Lore for my tastes.

PierreVW

Quote from: Protozoid on Jul 02, 2017, 12:23:15 AM
Wasn't it implied by either Scott or one of the writers that David was a combination of Weyland and Vickers?

Originally, the great Max von Sydow was going to play Weyland. That would have significantly reduced the movie's overall cheese factor and probably would have been much more effective.

If Fassbender had played Weyland, David, and Walter, I think it would have been too similar to Brent Spiner playing Soong, Lore, and Data on Star Trek. The dynamic between Walter and David was already a little too similar to the one between Data and Lore for my tastes.

Max Von Sydow was in ROBIN HOOD(Sir Ridley Scott).

SiL

What is your compulsion with saying Sir Ridley Scott every time you can?  ???

SM

Say his name - with title - enough, and he'll appear. Usually works better if done in front of a mirror.

SiL

I thought you had to do it at midnight.

SM

Quote from: SiL on Jul 02, 2017, 11:03:59 PM
I thought you had to do it at midnight.

I don't know what timezone our Pierre is in.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: PierreVW on Jul 02, 2017, 08:53:38 PM
Quote from: Protozoid on Jul 02, 2017, 12:23:15 AM

Max Von Sydow was in ROBIN HOOD(Sir Ridley Scott).

RUTGER HAUER (3D) was ALSO a possible actor TO play WEYLAND

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Jul 02, 2017, 10:56:19 PM
Say his name - with title - enough, and he'll appear. Usually works better if done in front of a mirror.

I'd be terrified if that drunken old Brit materialized out of thin air before me, especially if it works like Terminator time travel and he shows up naked.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed