New AVP movie after A:C flop a possibility

Started by Spirit of Fire, May 30, 2017, 03:02:27 AM

Author
New AVP movie after A:C flop a possibility (Read 5,109 times)

LastSurvivor92

No thank you.

AVP was alright

AVPR was pretty...terrible.

Done with the story and the movies. I would rather see Siggy in a sequel to Resurrection now that Blomkamp and Ridley are canned it seems.

Alionic

I really don't see another AVP film happening for at least fifteen years or so. Fox has already indicated a soft reboot (probably with Blomkamp) with completely new characters set in the Alien universe after Ridley Scott wraps up the prequels.

I also think it depends on how well Shane Black's Predator film does next year. Fox will probably just want to do more Predator films if his is successful.

I still believe an AVP film done right could be a truly powerful and epic event. I hope we eventually get that.

SM

When did they indicate that?

Nukiemorph

Quote from: SM on Aug 15, 2017, 12:59:41 AM
When did they indicate that?
They haven't publicly.  But this dude from Collider heard it from his "sources."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR7n5NT72ak
So pretty much unsubstantiated.

SM

They have publicly.  A Fox rep said the future of the series was uncertain after Covenant didn't meet their revenue expectations.

How that equates to 'Fox has already indicated a soft reboot (probably with Blomkamp) with completely new characters set in the Alien universe after Ridley Scott wraps up the prequels', I don't know.

Nukiemorph

Right, a Fox rep just said they're reassessing the series.

But that guy from Collider heard from "his sources" that before this shake-up, Fox was going to do one more Ridley film, then a soft reboot.  That's what Alionic is citing.

SM

Oh, okay.

Scorpio

I'd like to see another AVP, Blomkamp's Alien 5 or even a reboot.  But if they never make another Alien film, at least we have Alien: Covenant.  I know a lot of you hate the film, but would you rather it never got made?  It's a good epilogue to Prometheus, just like Alien Resurrection is a good epilogue to the Alien trilogy.  I can imagine David onboard the Covenant, floating out there in space forever, maybe being infested with aliens.  If we get a video game or something that serves as a sequel, I would be happy with that.

Alionic

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 15, 2017, 03:18:50 AM
I'd like to see another AVP, Blomkamp's Alien 5 or even a reboot.

If Fox decides to take the series in an action-oriented direction, then I would definitely prefer an AVP film set in the future rather than a remake of Aliens.

Space Marines vs. Aliens vs. Predators could be f**king amazing.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Alionic on Aug 23, 2017, 08:32:23 PM

If Fox decides to take the series in an action-oriented direction, then I would definitely prefer an AVP film set in the future rather than a remake of Aliens.

Here, here.

Although I wouldn't be adverse to soft-reboot.

Alionic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 24, 2017, 08:38:08 AM
Quote from: Alionic on Aug 23, 2017, 08:32:23 PM

Here, here.

Just imagine an AVP film done right. Annabelle: Creation got great reviews and it essentially had no plot. The production design, acting, stylized violence, and direction were all top notch. Applying these to an AVP film set in the future would at least make it as good and entertaining as the 2012 film Dredd.

Cellien

I'd rather see a simple AvP movie than continue down this road with Scott's pretentious concepts for what he thinks an Alien movie should be.

Scorpio

Prometheus/Covenant aren't pretentious.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed