Should Blomkamp's Alien 5 be made before more Ridley Alien films?

Started by LastSurvivor92, May 29, 2017, 11:08:58 AM

Should Blomkamp's Alien 5 be made before more Ridley Alien films?

Yes
No
Author
Should Blomkamp's Alien 5 be made before more Ridley Alien films? (Read 11,103 times)

NeoXenoPred

Nope. Because if Blomkamp's Alien 5 was made before Alien Covenant it would confuse new viewers or maybe new fans, so let Ridley finishes his trilogy and then Blomkamp's.

D. Compton Ambrose

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: NeoXenoPred on Jun 15, 2017, 02:52:52 AM
Nope. Because if Blomkamp's Alien 5 was made before Alien Covenant it would confuse new viewers or maybe new fans, so let Ridley finishes his trilogy and then Blomkamp's.

Absolutely. I was just throwing ideas out there for people to contribute to/play around with. I think the best bet would be to have Ripley/Weaver in a cameo role. Like they find a transmission of sorts that answers some questions about why Hicks is back alongside a Newt-like character (that is discovered to be under the influence of the Hive, and not really Newt). You could have the opening credits layered over various overlapping news audio concerning the growing view among the public that the 'incidents on Fiorina-161 and LV-426 were connected, and how nobody really knows what happened to Ripley beyond the unhinged and surreal recounting of the events by the "only known survivor" Robert Morse. Yet, he is found to be a liar when other inmates turn up, raising the spectre of a cover-up (the Company offing people that could potentially expose them and their connection to the incidents).

Whos_Nick

Gash

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on May 30, 2017, 07:36:04 PM
Big NO

I rather have them ditch and bury Blomkamp's A5 for all eternity.

Yup, that.

Blomkamp has I think forever damaged his reputation with the way he tried to muscle in with the awful 'fan' service of his Alien5 (3.2)

windebieste

Agreed.  He should have kept his mouth shut. 

Would have saved everyone a lot of misery.

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

I have a feeling that without Blomkamp, Covenant wouldn't have been released as it was. Which would have been fine by me as I dislike the Aliens inclusion in the film.

And also, I re-iterate again that Blomkamp's film started as something completely different until Weaver got involved. It's getting boring seeing some of the attitude towards him.

PierreVW

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 24, 2017, 11:39:57 AM
I have a feeling that without Blomkamp, Covenant wouldn't have been released as it was. Which would have been fine by me as I dislike the Aliens inclusion in the film.

And also, I re-iterate again that Blomkamp's film started as something completely different until Weaver got involved. It's getting boring seeing some of the attitude towards him.

So, it's Sigourney Weaver's fault?.

Weaver made 3 films with Ridley Scott: ALIEN, 1492 and EXODUS. I doubt their relationship is bad or awful.

Corporal Hicks

Blomkamp was repeatedly talked about how the film took the direction we all know about after chatting to Weaver while working on Chappie. It was re-iterated in another interview recently.

Quote"I basically worked on Alien for about...I met Sigourney on Chappie and I had a different idea for an Alien film I wanted to make. So I had this idea for a story set in the world of those two first films that was not a continuation of James Cameron's. It was just in the world of it and it had a totally different character that was the lead character. Because my assumption was that Sigourney would just never make another one and I told her about it on Chappie and she was like "No, no, no! I actually would make another one because I felt like Ripley's story didn't end correctly." I was like "oh, okay. That's amazing!"

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2017/07/09/neill-blomkamp-talks-deevolution-alien-3-2/

Salt The Fries

I think Blomkamp is doing some interesting things for Steam and now he's making a film RENDERED in Unity, which you'll be able to step in by using VR headset, I think that's a first! And that's great! Keep 'em coming. However, I'm not any bit more convinced about his ability to helm an Alien film.

Alionic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 24, 2017, 11:39:57 AM

The reason why people give Blomkamp shit is because he openly tried to make an Alien film when he knew Ridley's prequel films weren't finished. It was an incredibly shitty thing to do, and it divided the fanbase. Also, his film did not appear to have one original idea in it from what he said. It was essentially a remake of James Cameron's film.

He'll probably get to make it eventually, though; considering how many youtubers and people with access to Fox such as you are demanding it to get made.

SiL

That wasn't on Blomkamp either, that was on Fox. He wasn't pushing for the film; he posted some fan art, fans lost their shit, the noise got Fox's ear, they started toying with developing the concept.

Scorpio

Quote from: Alionic on Jul 28, 2017, 02:33:08 AM
It was essentially a remake of James Cameron's film.

That it is.

SM

There was a storyline circulated?

Scorpio

I don't think Blomkamp posted that concept art by accident.

SM

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed