Angry Joe review and rant

Started by The Cruentus, May 29, 2017, 09:38:48 AM

Author
Angry Joe review and rant (Read 5,842 times)

reecebomb

reecebomb

Quote from: Gash on May 29, 2017, 11:43:10 PM
Quote from: Spirit of Fire on May 29, 2017, 09:50:26 PM
2) Why the f**k did they walk into a planet without helmets? Thats insanely stupid. 3)

Seriously is that an issue? Why don't they wear helmets in Aliens? Oh yeah, wouldn't look like a Vietnam analogy if they were wearing spacesuits.

Not this again, the situations are not comparable. Not worth discussing.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: reecebomb on May 29, 2017, 11:49:16 PM
2) Why the f**k did they walk into a planet without helmets? Thats insanely stupid. 3)

Seriously is that an issue? Why don't they wear helmets in Aliens? Oh yeah, wouldn't look like a Vietnam analogy if they were wearing spacesuits.

Not this again, the situations are not comparable. Not worth discussing.

No answer then? It's plot device - nonsensical terraforming of a tiny moon for 150 colonists. If it's going to be made into an issue then Aliens doesn't get a free pass.

JohnnyChimpo

JohnnyChimpo

QuoteNo answer then? It's plot device - nonsensical terraforming of a tiny moon for 150 colonists. If it's going to be made into an issue then Aliens doesn't get a free pass.
A plot device, but its still in the plot. The issue is still addressed within the films plot and the films dialogue. Which is, at the very least, more than what happens in Covenant.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

There is a big difference between a dead moon that has been surveyed and colonised for decades (explained in the film), and a biologically active planet that only just popped up on a scanner. That said, complaining about a lack of helmets on the crew is nitpicking IMO.

Angry Joe is fine when he is being funny, but damn this review is painful. So much butt hurt it makes my butt hurt. It's a shame he has such a large platform to tout this emotional garbage.

Spirit of Fire

Spirit of Fire

In ALIENS, the planet was already colonized.

And please don't be so hypocritical to say that I'm nitpicky because NONE of you guys would have done the same thing as the dumb Covenant crew if everyone of you set foot onto another planet. Gtfo with this nonsense.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: Spirit of Fire on May 30, 2017, 12:49:32 AM

[/quote]

They assume the same thing in Covenant after hearing a human voice singing John Denver.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Spirit of Fire on May 30, 2017, 12:49:32 AM

And please don't be so hypocritical to say that I'm nitpicky because NONE of you guys would have done the same thing as the dumb Covenant crew if everyone of you set foot onto another planet. Gtfo with this nonsense.

I would never have done the things the Nostomo crew did either, people stick there noses where they don't belong in alien films, its tradition.

gantarat

gantarat

They assume the same thing in Covenant after hearing a human voice singing John Denver.

strange planet that people didn't know or hear about it vs planet that everyone know and has people live in there than 10 years

question11

question11

joe's right. the story sucked, the characters sucked. the only thing ridley had were a handful of immensely talented actors. he had nothing going for him, except for the prometheus/fassbender storyline, and he made the most of it.

if you wanted interesting alien content, you're not going to get it. it's interesting when it's contextualized with david. the xenomorphs were a waste of 20 minutes of screentime. they could have used that to give shaw a proper send off.

i think joe's right on almost every count, but it is a good film, because ridley's ideas are still good. and ridley's not afraid of making a b movie as long as he has the right ideas. i like his ideas.

Aliens_Diner86

Aliens_Diner86

Quote from: Darth Vile on May 29, 2017, 08:34:41 PM
This chap is a complete and utter imbecile. Watch the film and make up your own mind. Don't give oxygen to these moronic fuctards simply to justify your own views.

I agree  ::) :o The film was great.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

The colony had apparently been up and running for over twenty years. If the (then-converted) atmosphere - on a barren rock - had any nasty surprises, it would have been known about by then.

Marines were expecting an equipment malfunction to be the likely cause. On the off chance Ripley was correct, then they already had her report and would have known a helmet didn't save Kane (and certainly wouldn't have helped against the more adult versions).

Either way, they didn't need to play it safe from microscopic threats.

Sway

Sway

Quote from: Gash on May 29, 2017, 09:46:29 AM
He's an imbecile. I'm not remotely surprised he didn't get it.

This.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Because Acheron is a known moon/planet with an atmosphere processor. Planet 4 was a completely unknown world.

Quote from: Darth Vile on May 29, 2017, 08:34:41 PM
This chap is a complete and utter imbecile. Watch the film and make up your own mind. Don't give oxygen to these moronic fuctards simply to justify your own views.

I did and I strongly disagree that the film is bad, I enjoyed it and would put just above or equal to Alien 3 but my opinion on its flaws still stand and I can say that Joe's target gripes are accurate.

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 29, 2017, 08:31:21 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on May 29, 2017, 10:59:39 AM
I already answered this before...Russ Jordan. It was on his face for 26 hours and the atmoshere was fine. Then there is marachuk or whatever his name was. So no, the Lope thing has no justification imo.

What are you basing all that on?
Aliens, W-Y report, River of pain. Hell even newts tale (or was it Aliens novel?) mentions how long it was on his face. over a day.

Quote from: reecebomb on May 29, 2017, 09:58:17 PM
Angry Joe is just another Alien fanboy and by all means not a professional film critic, i couldn't stomach the review for more than a few minutes. But he is right, the film is incredibly stupid from start to finish. Pretty much film equivalent of Colonial Marines sans Fassbender.

Hicks and Leigh are alien fans who do reviews as well remember, and they pretty much said some of the same things, only difference is that Joe is ranting and being emotional about it. Professional critics are not much better than non professional because all reviewing is just about opinions on a subject matter and everyone has opinions. Of course fans may be more biased or have expectations compared to neutral reviewers.

Quote from: Dachande on May 29, 2017, 07:30:16 PM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on May 29, 2017, 07:24:27 PM
Does Angry Joe like anything?

If he liked things he wouldnt be 'Angry' Joe anymore
:laugh: He has actually liked things but when he doesn't, he angrily rants.

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

Quote from: JohnnyChimpo on May 30, 2017, 12:30:23 AM
QuoteNo answer then? It's plot device - nonsensical terraforming of a tiny moon for 150 colonists. If it's going to be made into an issue then Aliens doesn't get a free pass.
A plot device, but its still in the plot. The issue is still addressed within the films plot and the films dialogue. Which is, at the very least, more than what happens in Covenant.

And its addressed in Covenant too. I like Aliens, its very entertaining and does exactly what it says on the tin, but it is dumb, it would be the dumbest of the lot if it weren't for resurrection which didn't even manage to be entertainingly dumb.

stroggificated

stroggificated

David Covenant. Next movies:
David, Davids, David 3, David Resurrection, Promethdavid....lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed