Angry Joe review and rant

Started by The Cruentus, May 29, 2017, 09:38:48 AM

Author
Angry Joe review and rant (Read 5,845 times)

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

His review is up and he absolutely hates it.

spoiler section

Most of his criticism is aimed at character stupidity and the lore being messed up which I can agree with those since most comments, reviews and clips have shown it.

Gash

Gash

He's an imbecile. I'm not remotely surprised he didn't get it.

dallevalle

dallevalle

never liked that guy.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

What's to get? He is right about the characters' stupidity and the lore has been messed up imo.
He is a wrong about quite a few things like when he called the deacon a neomorph and the neomorph a protomorph, but he is right about the flaws.

skhellter

skhellter

manchild

Gash

Gash

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 29, 2017, 10:03:43 AM
What's to get? He is right about the characters' stupidity and the lore has been messed up imo.
He is a wrong about quite a few things like when he called the deacon a neomorph and the neomorph a protomorph, but he is right about the flaws.

The lore isn't messed up, If he stopped having a Sunny Delight tantrum and got out of his play suit for a minute to think he might consider there's any number of ways it could lead back to his beloved queen, (or an ancient derelict - although I doubt he cares about canon before 1986 anyway).

Frankly even if the lore Cameron lumbered us with was messed up, the new lore is a lot more interesting anyway.

Boo-hoo Angry Joe - you're an idiot with an embarrassing video on Youtube. Well done you.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Gash on May 29, 2017, 10:32:33 AM
Quote from: The Cruentus on May 29, 2017, 10:03:43 AM

The lore isn't messed up, If he stopped having a Sunny Delight tantrum and got out of his play suit for a minute to think he might consider there's any number of ways it could lead back to his beloved queen, (or an ancient derelict - although I doubt he cares about canon before 1986 anyway).

Frankly even if the lore Cameron lumbered us with was messed up, the new lore is a lot more interesting anyway.

Boo-hoo Angry Joe - you're an idiot with an embarrassing video on Youtube. Well done you.

I was talking about the life cycle speed and lope incident, but speaking about Aliens, I hear folk talking about how Ridley doesn't consider Aliens canon, hopefully that isn't true.

I disagree, the new direction is far from interesting. it reduces the xenos to being the creation of an android wth issues.

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

He's just embarrassing really. A cretinous Cameron fanboy.

windebieste

windebieste

Lope?  Getting face hugged..?  ...and the short time it's on his face?

Yeah, I can see how folks are upset by that. 

That is, if they didn't give it any thought.  I'm thinking the time in 'ALIEN: Covenant' is the normal elapsed time and Kane's experience was the anomaly.  ...and it's all perfectly reasonable, really.

Kane's facehugger attacked him in an oxygen depleted environment.  Of course it wasn't going to just hop off of him straight away.  It was keeping him alive by staying on his face and feeding him oxygen, ensuring the host stayed alive for the duration of the gestation.

Lope by comparison didn't need the hugger to keep him alive.  He was ganked in a breathable environment.  The hugger didn't need to feed him oxygen. 

It's not that hard, folks.  Think a little.  If you need to be spoon fed your answers, maybe Disney content is more your thing.

-Windebieste.

skhellter

skhellter

I dont think there's no need for that much fanwank to explain it, Winde.

Think of the facehugger as a creature made to enjoy the reproductive act...
and it explains why they like to latch onto the victims for a long time..  :laugh:

Also.. holding onto the victim ensures that the victims dont kill themselves or the embryo after the... rape...
and that any procedure to extract the embryo is difficult and next to impossible.

Implanting the embryo itself might always be a quick process...
specially if the facehugger feels threatened in anyway. (It was under attack)

Simples and doesnt break the previous films in any way.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: windebieste on May 29, 2017, 10:54:05 AM

That is, if they didn't give it any thought.  I'm thinking the time in 'ALIEN: Covenant' is the normal elapsed time and Kane's experience was the anomaly.  ...and it's all perfectly reasonable, really.

Kane's facehugger attacked him in an oxygen depleted environment.  Of course it wasn't going to just hop off of him straight away.  It was keeping him alive by staying on his face and feeding him oxygen, ensuring the host stayed alive for the duration of the gestation.

Lope by comparison didn't need the hugger to keep him alive.  He was ganked in a breathable environment.  The hugger didn't need to feed him oxygen. 

It's not that hard, folks.  Think a little.  If you need to be spoon fed your answers, maybe Disney content is more your thing.

-Windebieste.

I already answered this before...Russ Jordan. It was on his face for 26 hours and the atmoshere was fine. Then there is marachuk or whatever his name was. So no, the Lope thing has no justification imo.

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 29, 2017, 10:59:39 AM

-Windebieste.

I already answered this before...Russ Jordan. It was on his face for 26 hours and the atmoshere was fine. Then there is marachuk or whatever his name was. So no, the Lope thing has no justification imo.

Or alternatively the reason why its aliens which messes up the 'lore'

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Why do we even care about what a YT reviewer thinks?

Gash

Gash

I already answered this before...Russ Jordan. It was on his face for 26 hours and the atmoshere was fine. Then there is marachuk or whatever his name was.

Who? And who?

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on May 29, 2017, 11:32:32 AM

-Windebieste.

Or alternatively the reason why its aliens which messes up the 'lore'

Possibly but remember that certain forms of paralysis will stop your breathing hence why a host is depended on the facehugger. However, it may be that the facehugger in Covenant don't use sedatives, as Oram seemed to be strangled into unconsciousness.

Quote from: skhellter on May 29, 2017, 10:58:49 AM
Also.. holding onto the victim ensures that the victims dont kill themselves or the embryo after the... rape...
and that any procedure to extract the embryo is difficult and next to impossible.

Implanting the embryo itself might always be a quick process...
specially if the facehugger feels threatened in anyway. (It was under attack)

You are actually not far off, as in the 24 hour period of attachment, the implantation actually happens at least below half that time and rest of the time spent on the host is to ensure the implant is secure and starts deleveloping in the chest. However, seconds is still too fast.

Quote from: Omegamorph on May 29, 2017, 11:33:34 AM
Why do we even care about what a YT reviewer thinks?

Some reviews can just simply be worth discussing especially on such things that can divide the fandom and Joe does have some rep and has interviewed people such as game devs etc, not that much different to what some reviewers like Hicks here do. Of course its best to try and be impartial and logical but the points Joe criticizing are sore points for some fans, others will agree, others will not.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed