Next film should tie Prometheus with A:C for the Ultimate ending

Started by Spirit of Fire, May 29, 2017, 12:31:25 AM

Author
Next film should tie Prometheus with A:C for the Ultimate ending (Read 4,056 times)

Spirit of Fire

I read some theories on here posted by other fans & I came across 2 ideas that I thought would be great for the next movie.

1. Engineers find out what happened to their seeded species in A:C & repairs Walter. Walter gives them intel on David and they head to Origae 6. David is Prometheus who stole Fire from the gods and now the gods are coming after him for his transgressions. Plus who wouldn't want to see Walter back!? He was one of my favorite characters in A:C. When they reach Origae-6, they find David with a Hive army spawned from the 2000 colonists. I guess Daniels & some other ship members must be kept alive for story-telling. As I recall, A:C was originally called A:Paradise Lost & David said "Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven." It reminds me of this nice artwork from Milton's Paradise Lost:

I could see David in his throne among his xenomorph army

2. The next idea is David communicating with Weyland on his creation with the ultimate goal to bringing them back to Earth. I don't think the David = Space Jockey theory works because David is an android. The Space Jockey also sent out a warning beacon in ALIEN. So why would David do that if his intention was to have more "mothers" or hosts? I think David loses the war with the Engineers and escapes to Weyland. He becomes the head AI there. The Engineers take his creations but one of them dies & becomes the space jockey in ALIEN. From then on, David in control of WY seeks to recover his creations from ALIEN to ALIEN 3.

banecat

love that painting and could totally see david doing that. however, no way does he have any future with weyland. the only way he'd go back to earth is to drop black goo on them like he did the engineers

Infected

The engineers are far superior and couldnt control the xeno things, David eventually will also fall victim to this, most likely engineers will come in, and or they or another group of humans will be confronted by the two xeno's made out of Waterston and McBride, because you have to start that movie again shocking, so they will die horribly, two ultimate xenomorphs will spawn, doing a lot of havoc and damage on the humans and engineers, then David threatens the engineers and showing them the 2000 eggs, a human will then probably undermine Davids plans, human dies, engineers try to take the eggs, capture David, merging the a.i. with xeno stuff, David falls victim to a higher force as he becomes the experimented one, and finally the xeno is born out of David.

Spirit of Fire

Spirit of Fire

Quote from: Infected on May 29, 2017, 07:59:06 AM
The engineers are far superior and couldnt control the xeno things, David eventually will also fall victim to this, most likely engineers will come in, and or they or another group of humans will be confronted by the two xeno's made out of Waterston and McBride, because you have to start that movie again shocking, so they will die horribly, two ultimate xenomorphs will spawn, doing a lot of havoc and damage on the humans and engineers, then David threatens the engineers and showing them the 2000 eggs, a human will then probably undermine Davids plans, human dies, engineers try to take the eggs, capture David, merging the a.i. with xeno stuff, David falls victim to a higher force as he becomes the experimented one, and finally the xeno is born out of David.

The Android space jockey theory is too far-fetched. I do not see an android getting facehugged. Turning David into something else is asspull. You need some plot device to turn him human or biological which is nonsensical unless Ridley comes up with something smart like David able to transfer his android body into a human corpse but again, going this route is unnecessary and if you want to take the other route of using some kind of "higher force", it becomes asspull. I prefer the Engineer taking away David's creations. I'm also not killing Daniels for the sake of continuity purposes and we need a protagonist for story-telling. Ridley also said he will bring Daniels back for the sequel if there will be one.

Infected

Why is that too far stretched??  :D
And Waterston can return yes, but why assuming she will have a big role????
Have you seen Covenant?

Spirit of Fire

Quote from: Infected on May 29, 2017, 08:22:08 AM
Have you seen Covenant?

Yes I did.

Why is it far-fetched? Because its a robot and the solution to turn him into human is asspull. So how is Ridley going to turn a robot into a Man? By a "higher force"? Is David going to pray to God to become Human? No. He will probably need a plot device but thats asspull. Maybe transferring consciousness into an organic being might work but its going to be unbelievable.

Waterson has to be back because she is the protagonist. Its storytelling. You need a protagonist or a character for the audience to follow. Its one of the components for writing a story.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

My monies on the real space jockey showing up and ripping off Davids head right before beating his version of the alien to death with it. f**k right I mean it. Then as the space jockey is preparing to leave we see Tennessee running all 1984 swinging a facehugger over his head straight out from the engineers vault that says "DEATH" and smacking the jockey right in the face as the doors slams and ship takes off. Roll credits.

Alright the second part is out right stupid but the first part would wrap up Prometheus/Covenant/Awaking perfectly.

Actually, wait a second, beating David to death with his own xeno would make more sense....

Infected

Quote from: Spirit of Fire on May 29, 2017, 08:28:17 AM
Quote from: Infected on May 29, 2017, 08:22:08 AM
Have you seen Covenant?

Yes I did.

Why is it far-fetched? Because its a robot and the solution to turn him into human is asspull. So how is Ridley going to turn a robot into a Man? By a "higher force"? Is David going to pray to God to become Human? No. He will probably need a plot device but thats asspull. Maybe transferring consciousness into an organic being might work but its going to be unbelievable.

Waterson has to be back because she is the protagonist. Its storytelling. You need a protagonist or a character for the audience to follow. Its one of the components for writing a story.
I dont know where you are getting the David becoming human, but it will never happen, its all too much David David David David, if there will be a next movie, David will die/end.

Waterston has nothing on the next movie, she isnt part of the continuation, nor is she a big part of the next story, she is pretty much highly being killed off, keeping track of the box office? Seeing her in cryo after knowing its David, she will be the next Shaw, maybe she will be able to release some colonists or send a message back to Earth, but no Waterston big role in the next one.
And there is just too much Fassbender.

The_Foxcatcher

Quote from: Spirit of Fire on May 29, 2017, 12:31:25 AM
I read some theories on here posted by other fans & I came across 2 ideas that I thought would be great for the next movie.

1. Engineers find out what happened to their seeded species in A:C & repairs Walter. Walter gives them intel on David and they head to Origae 6. David is Prometheus who stole Fire from the gods and now the gods are coming after him for his transgressions. Plus who wouldn't want to see Walter back!? He was one of my favorite characters in A:C. When they reach Origae-6, they find David with a Hive army spawned from the 2000 colonists. I guess Daniels & some other ship members must be kept alive for story-telling. As I recall, A:C was originally called A:Paradise Lost & David said "Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven." It reminds me of this nice artwork from Milton's Paradise Lost:

http://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/hostedimages/1416520084i/11989124._SY540_.gif

2. The next idea is David communicating with Weyland on his creation with the ultimate goal to bringing them back to Earth. I don't think the David = Space Jockey theory works because David is an android. The Space Jockey also sent out a warning beacon in ALIEN. So why would David do that if his intention was to have more "mothers" or hosts? I think David loses the war with the Engineers and escapes to Weyland. He becomes the head AI there. The Engineers take his creations but one of them dies & becomes the space jockey in ALIEN. From then on, David in control of WY seeks to recover his creations from ALIEN to ALIEN 3.

The first story could be great. But only David knows Engineers' language. I wonder how would Walter communicate with the Engineers.

Mustangjeff

Mustangjeff

Quote from: The_Foxcatcher on May 29, 2017, 11:05:37 AM
Quote from: Spirit of Fire on May 29, 2017, 12:31:25 AM

http://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/hostedimages/1416520084i/11989124._SY540_.gif

The first story could be great. But only David knows Engineers' language. I wonder how would Walter communicate with the Engineers.

The Engineer language is similar (so we are told) to Proto-Indo-European.  It's possible that Walter would be able to identify this language "out of the box" natively.  David learned the language from human scholars so it's possible that Walter could have the source material in memory.  Another option is that Walter is somehow able to reactivate himself.  Maybe it's a subset of his self healing capabilities.  If that's the case, he could be marooned on Paradise for awhile before being found which would give him time to learn the Engineer language from their text.

There are a number of options that would make sense.

My big fear now is that the series and mythos has been dumbed down to the point that we'll never see the Engineers again.  In Ridley's attempt to connect the dots, he's taken almost 40 years of theories and speculation around that amazing being in ALIEN and gave it the middle finger.  I can separate the difference between Covenant as a sci-fi horror movie, and Covenant as an origin story.  The former is watchable and decent at times, the latter is ridiculous.  It's possible that awakening can redeem the series, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think Prometheus was on the right path from an origin story perspective, but it was sidelined by some mediocre characters and lack of world building.

Spirit of Fire

Prometheus was originally about the Engineers and possibly about the origin of the Xenos. A:C was a good movie but to just throw the Engineers & SHaw under the bus was insulting. I can't believe there are people on here who actually accept this nonsense. If we do get a sequel, bring the Engineers back so we can tie both Prometheus and A:C into one movie to end it on a good note.

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 29, 2017, 08:37:07 AM
My monies on the real space jockey showing up and ripping off Davids head right before beating his version of the alien to death with it. f**k right I mean it. Then as the space jockey is preparing to leave we see Tennessee running all 1984 swinging a facehugger over his head straight out from the engineers vault that says "DEATH" and smacking the jockey right in the face as the doors slams and ship takes off. Roll credits.

Alright the second part is out right stupid but the first part would wrap up Prometheus/Covenant/Awaking perfectly.

Actually, wait a second, beating David to death with his own xeno would make more sense....

Oh... my...f**king god I have not laughed that hard at a forum post in a while. L...m...a....o.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will forever have the image of Danny McBride lasoing a space jockey with a f**king facehugger before proceeding out into outer space.

fiveways

Next movie has the budget reduced so greatly they kill David off-screen so they don't have to pay Fassbenders salary.  They don't even show his head.  They just show a glass of milk that represents David.

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: fiveways on May 30, 2017, 02:32:28 AM
Next movie has the budget reduced so greatly they kill David off-screen so they don't have to pay Fassbenders salary.  They don't even show his head.  They just show a glass of milk that represents David.
Lolwat

fiveways

Quote from: LCpl. D. Grant on May 30, 2017, 02:35:01 AM
Quote from: fiveways on May 30, 2017, 02:32:28 AM
Lolwat

If you show his face you have to pay royalties (ask Michael Beihn about why he loved Alien 3 though it might be an urban legend).  You don't want to make that mistake again.  So you show the liquid remains of David and be done with it.  You go back to engineers because they are cheaper than xenomorphs.

Covenant is doing awful at the box office.  It's not a flop yet, but i could still not make back it's budget + advertising till after video release.  If that plays out the sequel if there is one is gonna have an even more limited budget.  Paying for Fassbender and Ridley Scott would eat up a chunk of the budget.  So the easiest way to save a lot of money is to just write out David off-Camera. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed