Cpl. Dwayne Hicks 55321........Dead

Started by EEV2650, Sep 19, 2007, 07:38:48 AM

Author
Cpl. Dwayne Hicks 55321........Dead (Read 8,480 times)

EEV2650

EEV2650

You know in alien 3 when ripley said she wanted to see the bodies? Well why did she only look at newts? I mean the doctor only said that hicks was impaled by a safety support. That doesnt mean that the alien couldnt be in him anymore than a dead newt. Hick's body was smashed along with his neck and a small portion of his left shoulder so theoretically the chestburster could still be surviving in his chest. Now, i know that ripley saw the acid burn on newt's cryotube but why didnt she still check hicks or even at least look at his body. Before the assembly cut of alien3 was released i had always heard a rumor that in the deleted scenes it showed ripley looking at hick's body in the morgue. I wanted to see more of dead hicks. It probaly would have been less disturbing than watching a dead little girl get cut open.

SM

SM

If you want to get technical there's nothing to say she didn't check his body following Newt's autopsy.  However, the implication was she didn't need to due to his cause of death.

EEV2650

I know she "could" have but i wanted to see it on screen. Saying he was impaled doesnt eliminate alien impregnation anymore than saying newt drowned. It still grosses me out that she didnt show any emotion to hicks's death. Then later on banged the gross doctor.  :'(

SM

SM

Newt meant more to her than Hicks did.

EEV2650

obviously

Uncanny Antman

I've always personally maintained that Hicks was Fox's escape plan for Alien 4.  (One they didn't use, obviously.)

Hear me out now...the opening montage shows the egg, a facehugger, a scan of someone being hugged.  We know it's not Newt...it's Ripley, right?

Then what is that shot in the montage of white cloth being soaked in blood along with an Alien screech?  Sure as hell seems to indicate someone giving birth to an Alien.  If not not, then what?

My theory is a facehugger for Hicks, which births and stays on the ship.  One live Alien, on board the Sulaco, headed back to Earth.  The EEV is launched and crashes, and a support beam goes through Hicks, destroying any evidence that a chestburst took place.

Crazy?  Maybe, but no worse than some theories bandied around in these here parts. :)

EEV2650

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Sep 19, 2007, 08:54:16 AM
I've always personally maintained that Hicks was Fox's escape plan for Alien 4.  (One they didn't use, obviously.)

Hear me out now...the opening montage shows the egg, a facehugger, a scan of someone being hugged.  We know it's not Newt...it's Ripley, right?

Then what is that shot in the montage of white cloth being soaked in blood along with an Alien screech?  Sure as hell seems to indicate someone giving birth to an Alien.  If not not, then what?

My theory is a facehugger for Hicks, which births and stays on the ship.  One live Alien, on board the Sulaco, headed back to Earth.  The EEV is launched and crashes, and a support beam goes through Hicks, destroying any evidence that a chestburst took place.

Crazy?  Maybe, but no worse than some theories bandied around in these here parts. :)

Excellent point. What was that red stuff spreading out on the white cloth and what was that screching?

SM

SM

QuoteSure as hell seems to indicate someone giving birth to an Alien.

Fire f**king up cryotubes and causing Hick's wounds to hemorrage.

(I don't really think that thought the title sequence through fully.  Hicks got huggered, then abandoned after the EEV launched in favour of Ripley.  IMO.  From the acid burn starting the fire to the launch of the EEV, there's only 20 seconds real time.  Not even Anderson is that dumb when it comes to gestations.)

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: SM on Sep 19, 2007, 09:02:36 AM
 From the acid burn starting the fire to the launch of the EEV, there's only 20 seconds real time.

Who says?

Maybe the electronics that are ruined by the acid control something like...temperature control?  Only over the course of hours, the system overheats, eventually bursting into flames.  Possible?  Not possible?

Also, if the blood is Hicks haemorrhaging, what's with the Alien sound effect?

EEV2650

i always wonderd what was up with there being two facehuggers. We had one who impregnated ripley and another the dog. Unless i'm mistaken there is one embryo per facehugger. Unless i read it elsewhere i'm sticking to my original hypothesis. I guess the hemorraging thing makes sense...It's kinda weird though

maledoro

Quote from: EEV2650 on Sep 19, 2007, 07:38:48 AM
You know in alien 3 when ripley said she wanted to see the bodies? Well why did she only look at newts? I mean the doctor only said that hicks was impaled by a safety support. That doesnt mean that the alien couldnt be in him anymore than a dead newt. Hick's body was smashed along with his neck and a small portion of his left shoulder so theoretically the chestburster could still be surviving in his chest. Now, i know that ripley saw the acid burn on newt's cryotube but why didnt she still check hicks or even at least look at his body. Before the assembly cut of alien3 was released i had always heard a rumor that in the deleted scenes it showed ripley looking at hick's body in the morgue. I wanted to see more of dead hicks. It probaly would have been less disturbing than watching a dead little girl get cut open.
There would be nothing to inspect. His entire torso was smashed.

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Sep 19, 2007, 08:54:16 AM
It's just simply blood oozing from the stasis being interrupted. As for the "alien screech", it could have been anything. I never heard it as being alien.

Cromartie

if it hadnt been for newt Vazquez, Gorman & Hicks would still be alive (and bishop would be fully operational)

SM

SM

No they wouldn't.  They would've all have been vapourised after being cocooned.

Cept the Bish.

QuoteWho says?

The Sulaco ship computer.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: SM on Sep 19, 2007, 12:51:05 PM
The Sulaco ship computer.

I don't recall any specifics as to timing being stated, but you know your shit, so I'll take that as given.

It doesn't preclude any of the theories though.  We know for a dead cert fact that there was at least two facehuggers, so we can assume (if we want) that the first facehugger clamped on to its victim, and only much later the second hugger attempted to get into Newt's tube, starting the fire.

Bishop2

Judging by the safety beam's location in his cryotube, the beam would've totally annihilated Hicks' torso.  No way was a chestburster gonna be alive from that thing.

By the way, what the hell kind of SAFETY beam falls off your ESCAPE VEHICLE and kills a man?  That's just asinine.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed