A Female Predator Prediction

Started by acrediblesource, May 24, 2017, 02:40:31 AM

Do you think there is going to be a FEMALE Predator as the lead antagonist?

Hell yeah!
Hell No!
Back to basics, and it's a group.
Author
A Female Predator Prediction (Read 20,465 times)

windebieste

windebieste

I wanna see Fem Preds with BIG GREEN BEAUTIFUL BOOBIESSsSSSSS!!!  All jiggly wiggly in my face.  GIMME. 

Will make Preadotr watchable again. 

...right before I shamefully hit the bar and drown myself in a large bottle of vodka, incessantly muttering "Oooooh, my God, no.  Nooo.  Nooooo...".

-Windebieste.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 15, 2017, 02:44:07 PM
Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 15, 2017, 12:20:06 PMBut they're not bipedal and have human body shape.

Most female apes don't have pronounced breasts compared to males, and they're all essentially bipedal and have a roughly human body shape.

Apes aren't actually bipedal.  They can walk on two legs, yes, but only for short periods.

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 15, 2017, 12:20:06 PMEverything in the films points to them being MALE.

What exactly is this "everything"?

Body shape, musculature, resembles a human male.  I know there are female bodybuilders and females that can achieve that shape, but they are the exception to the rule.

Also, since they were designed that way, if they were intended to be female, why were they drawn to resemble human males in body shape?

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 15, 2017, 12:20:06 PMNothing points to them being FEMALE.  Nothing.  At all.

Nothing points to them being MALE.  Nothing.  At all.

Except the things I just mentioned.

Quote from: windebieste on Aug 15, 2017, 11:47:34 PM
I wanna see Fem Preds with BIG GREEN BEAUTIFUL BOOBIESSsSSSSS!!!  All jiggly wiggly in my face.  GIMME. 

Will make Preadotr watchable again. 

I think it could.  Did introducing a female xenomorph in Aliens ruin that film?  Most people don't seem to think so.

Quote from: SiL on Aug 15, 2017, 12:31:22 PM
It's not a poor excuse. They're aliens. They might be completely asexual. We have no clue. It's as good as an excuse as "they don't have breasts" for saying they're male.

Did I say "they don't have breasts so they must be male"?  Some human women don't have breasts, doesn't mean they are not female.

As for "they might be asexual", well they might be anything but I'll just go by what has been shown.

QuoteAnd this has any bearing on the films, how?
The bearing is that the studio that owns the creatures said that the genders are indistinguishable, ergo the ones we see might have been female and we'd have no way of knowing. Not sure what part of that is confusing, to be honest.

That was just for a comic book, if they tell that to the makers of the films then you might have a point.

SiL

SiL

It was their official stance.

As for 'having a point', you asked me why I thought what I did and I explained. I don't have a flying f**k to give whether you think I have a point or not: I don't need to satisfy your ideas to hold my own opinion.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 17, 2017, 12:47:07 PMBody shape, musculature, resembles a human male.

I don't know many human males with mandibles...

And at the end of the day, it had to have a stunt performer inside the suit, so humanoid was the only shape it could be. They'd already experimented with a more non-human shape on the original Van Damme suit and it just didn't work on location.

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 17, 2017, 12:47:07 PMI know there are female bodybuilders and females that can achieve that shape, but they are the exception to the rule.

"It has to be a man because men look like that, and some women too!" :laugh:

The fact remains, given that they're aliens, none of these human comparisons you keep making mean squat. The idea that this intergalactic hunter from across the known universe would somehow align with human anatomy is pretty laughable, given that nothing else on the same planet as us has such similar physiology.

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 17, 2017, 12:47:07 PMAlso, since they were designed that way, if they were intended to be female, why were they drawn to resemble human males in body shape?

Because it wasn't necessary to differentiate? Because they didn't care what sex it was? Because they realised tits would look stupid? Because Stan Winston was intelligent enough to know an alien almost certainly wouldn't have identical physiology to a human, like I just said? You'd have to ask them.

Winston himself did say that the difference in skin coloration between the first two films was akin to snakes. Don't see many snakes with breasts.

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 17, 2017, 12:47:07 PMExcept the things I just mentioned.

And like I just mentioned, none of that proves anything, because using human biology as hard proof of (fictional) alien biology is completely pointless. Do female Xenomorphs have breasts? So I'm still waiting to hear some bona fide evidence that you have from the films that shows they must be male.

The fact is, the creatures seen in the movies could very easily be female, and there is sweet f.a. to prove otherwise. Just like there's sweet f.a. to prove they are. Who says the things even have sexes?

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: SiL on Aug 17, 2017, 01:04:27 PM
It was their official stance.

As for 'having a point', you asked me why I thought what I did and I explained. I don't have a flying f**k to give whether you think I have a point or not: I don't need to satisfy your ideas to hold my own opinion.

Didn't mean to sound so dickish, my mistake.

However, comics and films are treated as separate, aren't they?

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 17, 2017, 11:07:09 PM
Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 17, 2017, 12:47:07 PMBody shape, musculature, resembles a human male.

And at the end of the day, it had to have a stunt performer inside the suit, so humanoid was the only shape it could be. They'd already experimented with a more non-human shape on the original Van Damme suit and it just didn't work on location.

They could've given it a female look if they wanted to, even have a female performer in the suit, but they didn't.

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 17, 2017, 12:47:07 PMI know there are female bodybuilders and females that can achieve that shape, but they are the exception to the rule.

"It has to be a man because men look like that, and some women too!" :laugh:

The fact remains, given that they're aliens, none of these human comparisons you keep making mean squat. The idea that this intergalactic hunter from across the known universe would somehow align with human anatomy is pretty laughable, given that nothing else on the same planet as us has such similar physiology.

Yes, they're meant to be aliens, but they were designed by humans.

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 17, 2017, 12:47:07 PMAlso, since they were designed that way, if they were intended to be female, why were they drawn to resemble human males in body shape?

Because it wasn't necessary to differentiate? Because they didn't care what sex it was? Because they realised tits would look stupid? Because Stan Winston was intelligent enough to know an alien almost certainly wouldn't have identical physiology to a human, like I just said? You'd have to ask them.

In the script it is referred to as 'he', so that's all the evidence I need.

QuoteWinston himself did say that the difference in skin coloration between the first two films was akin to snakes. Don't see many snakes with breasts.

Don't see many snakes walking on two legs, either.

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 17, 2017, 12:47:07 PMExcept the things I just mentioned.

And like I just mentioned, none of that proves anything, because using human biology as hard proof of (fictional) alien biology is completely pointless. Do female Xenomorphs have breasts? So I'm still waiting to hear some bona fide evidence that you have from the films that shows they must be male.

Xenomorphs were purposefully designed to be a mix of male and female traits.

QuoteThe fact is, the creatures seen in the movies could very easily be female, and there is sweet f.a. to prove otherwise. Just like there's sweet f.a. to prove they are. Who says the things even have sexes?

You are basing this off of nothing, though.  Yes, it's a fictional creature so they could come up with anything, but they were designed with human male body shape, not female.  If they were intended to be female, why design it that way?  Because there's nothing in the films to suggest what you're saying.  You might as well say they are ghosts or vampires, because it would make as much sense.

VanXant

VanXant

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 17, 2017, 11:07:09 PM

what do mandibles have to do w/ musculature?

Scorpio

Scorpio

This whole thing reminds me of a movie called Enemy Mine:

In that, the alien (played by a guy) gives birth.

windebieste

windebieste

Not unprecedented.

Male sea horses are the ones that get pregnant and give birth.  That's in the real world.  Genuine stuff.  Not just some ropy science fiction movie with a bad pun for a name. 

-Windebieste.

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: windebieste on Aug 28, 2017, 03:54:36 AM
Not unprecedented.

Male sea horses are the ones that get pregnant and give birth.  That's in the real world.  Genuine stuff.  Not just some ropy science fiction movie with a bad pun for a name. 

-Windebieste.

https://youtu.be/ujRwl6dL9go

windebieste

windebieste

Haha... Yeah, for sure.  :)

Then again, for your consideration, an ovipositor is essentially a female penis.  :P

-Windebieste.

SiL

SiL

Male and female doesn't have to do with who gestates and gives birth, it's eggs vs. sperm. Male seahorses still produce sperm and females still produce eggs, they just get dumped into the male's pouch.

Paranoid Android

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 17, 2017, 12:47:07 PM
Did introducing a female xenomorph in Aliens ruin that film?  Most people don't seem to think so.
The queen is not a female; The queen isn't even a queen...It's  just a big alien that lays eggs. Referring to it as a queen is just how the characters see it for practical reasons because they draw comparisons between it and earthly creatures. Xenomorphs aren't actually depicted as a species that has any sex.

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 18, 2017, 12:22:51 AM
Xenomorphs were purposefully designed to be a mix of male and female traits.
That's because Necronomicon #4 wasn't originally designed to be an alien at all. It was designed as a piece of art that depicts people. It was merely adapted as the alien's appearance because it was terrifying and because it fit with the film's themes of rape and birth. The actual alien, appearance aside, is a parasite that uses other species to breed. It is neither male nor female.

The predator is neither male or female as well. It's just an alien species that hunts. Nothing about the film so much as suggests that it even has a sex.

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: SiL on Aug 28, 2017, 07:50:53 AM
Male and female doesn't have to do with who gestates and gives birth, it's eggs vs. sperm. Male seahorses still produce sperm and females still produce eggs, they just get dumped into the male's pouch.

Yessir, I just posted it because I thought it was funny lol

Scorpio

Scorpio

Not female..

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Aug 28, 2017, 12:35:50 PM

The queen is not a female;

If it produces eggs it's female.

Paranoid Android

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 29, 2017, 04:23:48 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/2148uoj.png

Not female..
You're making assumptions based on what something resembles to, not based on what it actually does.

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 29, 2017, 04:23:48 AM
Quote from: Paranoid Android on Aug 28, 2017, 12:35:50 PM

The queen is not a female;

If it produces eggs it's female.
Species can reproduce asexually:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asexual_reproduction

On top of that, the eggs aren't even technically the alien's offspring; They're the species' reproductive organs. It is what produces the facehugger, which produces the alien's offspring by facehugging other species and implanting an embryo inside them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed