The Predator Teaser Poster at Licensing Expo

Started by black, May 23, 2017, 04:48:53 PM

Author
The Predator Teaser Poster at Licensing Expo (Read 24,541 times)

overthere

I like this line. I don't share your pessimism, and since I'm a bigger fan of the original than all of you, my opinion holds more weight. You guys are wrong.

Timmay

Timmay

Shane Black just tweeted that some execs are goofing...don't know what that means. Even still, it looks bad.

https://twitter.com/BonafideBlack/status/867132825576890370

kirscheim

poster is cool, makes me think of the logo back in the early 80's for OP ( ocean pacific )...

echobbase79

After reading that tweet from Black, that line will probably be cut from the movie.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: echobbase79 on May 23, 2017, 11:16:30 PM
After reading that tweet from Black, that line will probably be cut from the movie.

I think that line will make it to the movie.They think it's badass.

Doomofman

He can have all the 'serious actors' he wants, they can't make that line sound good... It's like saying the Star Wars prequals would have been fine if it had better actors...

Jacku

What's so bad about the line?  ???

echobbase79

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on May 23, 2017, 11:20:53 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on May 23, 2017, 11:16:30 PM

I think that line will make it to the movie.They think it's badass.

Well, it seems the line has caused a lot of negative reaction so who knows for sure. I liked the script, but there were some dialog that I thought was a little to on the nose. This being one of them.

KiramidHead

Quote from: Doomofman on May 23, 2017, 08:04:26 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on May 23, 2017, 08:02:10 PM
Quote from: Doomofman on May 23, 2017, 07:49:06 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on May 23, 2017, 07:33:33 PM
Eh, I'm fine with it. I would have sold it on the Bigfoot line, though. ;)

Bigfoot line? I'm intrigued... Tell me more... Or, ya know, just let me read it for myself  :laugh:

Fine, just tell me about it then  :'(

Spoiler
[close]

Can't tell if genuine broken link or just rubbing my lack of script in haha

The link broke, I'll reupload:

Spoiler
[close]

overthere

Quote from: Timmay on May 23, 2017, 10:43:23 PM
Shane Black just tweeted that some execs are goofing...don't know what that means. Even still, it looks bad.

https://twitter.com/BonafideBlack/status/867132825576890370

I find it funny to "take this franchise seriously". C'mon, it's an alien that hunts for sport. It's entertainment, not a brainer.

Denton Smalls

Damn man I'm all for homages but did they have to have McKenna repeat Billy's line like that? Weak.

And there's a guy named "Cuban Pete?"

Bruh.

KiramidHead

Quote from: Denton Smalls on May 24, 2017, 01:26:56 AM
Damn man I'm all for homages but did they have to have McKenna repeat Billy's line like that? Weak.

Bruh.

That whole sequence is one of the weaker parts of the script. I just thought the Bigfoot line was funny.

von

von

I think we're getting a little carried away here. Reached out to Fred and he said there's been no official teaser just yet.

It makes better sense when you consider the "teaser poster" from the Licensing Expo for Alita: Battle Angel, another one of Fox's offerings. I'll upload it later but it can be viewed here along with the one for The Predator:

http://collider.com/the-predator-poster-alita-battle-angel/

They're obviously of the same style/template, so it can't be their official teaser posters! Personally I like it, but I hope this will calm the raging storm of nerd rage! 😄

echobbase79

Quote from: Denton Smalls on May 24, 2017, 01:26:56 AM

Bruh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dyO9SWiY7k

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed