Empire Podcast Alien: Covenant with Ridley Scott [SPOILERS]

Started by Ingwar, May 23, 2017, 06:28:58 PM

Author
Empire Podcast Alien: Covenant with Ridley Scott [SPOILERS] (Read 63,526 times)

locusta

locusta

Oh my god. It is soooo sad.....

I.....CanĀ“t.....Listen....To......That....Man......Any......MORE!

Sad, just sad :/

And sorry, but when any of the other stupid twats (the interviewers) say GEIGER one more time, I seriously f**k up their perfect composure!!!!

KiramidHead

So, how coherent is Ridley in the interview? :laugh:

TigerClaw

Of course David hates the Engineers, one of them decapitated him, so I'm sure he's never forgotten about that since leaving the planet in Prometheus. :)

Robopadna

Quote from: kwisatz on May 24, 2017, 09:17:10 PM
Im getting a bit tired of Scotts extravagant BS theories when he hasnt been able to make a rudimentally coherent film in 15 years.

Lately its accumulating in a way where i actually start to think hes slowly crossing into dementia territory (i mean no offense hes what 80?).

You didn't think the Martian was coherent?

DorkiDori

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 24, 2017, 09:03:52 PM
The Alien vs. Predator films aren't canon as far as Scott is concerned.

no other film after "Alien" is canon either... according to Scott.

Scott honestly sounds like hes losing his bloody mind. either hes avoiding questions by rambling on about shit that has nothing to do with the question, or hes just getting old and honestly actually losing it. to me, that interview was literally drenched with "listen to my stories about my glory days, my adventures and my incoherent answers that deliberately avoid the question im being asked!"

dont get me wrong, I like Ridley Scott... hes an amazing artist and film maker, but i think hes losing it a bit in his old age and really not paying attention to ANYTHING that has been set up canon wise for the past 30 odd years either in film, comics or novels... also hes completely ignoring everything that happened in Prometheus lol

i have a feeling that the next 2 movies are going to be just as cluster f**ked and jumbled as Covenant was! at least Prometheus was exploring some very big ideas and not out right wrecking the lore and canon of the franchise (dont care what anyone says about the Engineers, they were a TOTAL mystery and I prefer Scotts idea MUCH MORE than the giant elephant trunked beings that the Dark Horse Comics lore introduced)

TigerClaw

Its unfortunate, cause Aliens was a far superior sequel to Alien, and had a bigger influence then the 1st movie.

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: JokersWarPig on May 24, 2017, 08:40:43 PM
I'm none to pleased with either of those reasons. They're pretty weak.
I'd rather the engineers not care about us, not even know of our existence much like the case seemed to be in Alien. If they had to know about us and we had to keep the religion aspect of it then I'd rather the Engineers viewed us as inferior/not worthy from a religious stand point. Not this "They're killing the planet, they gotta go" nonsense.

I wish Ridley would just stop.
We should start a petition.  ;D

SomeNinjaFromOuterSpace

SomeNinjaFromOuterSpace

I Love this movie. Alien: Covenant had great food for thought. I think many fans don't see the bigger picture in it. The topic Sir Scott covers is extremly difficult to pull off. And putting it into a movie such as Alien requires great creativity. I personally Love the movie. :) It's amazing.

N-Shifter

I haven't listened to it all yet but got to the part where she asked him if the Alien Queen was still part of this universe..............the hell was that answer all about? I still don't know, just answer the question Ridders.

whiterabbit

I can't help but think we're missing a lot of context here. The engineers sound like a bunch of smug assholes that deserved to get f**ked up.

CrespiChickenStrips

Quote from: DorkiDori on May 24, 2017, 10:12:37 PM
Scott honestly sounds like hes losing his bloody mind. either hes avoiding questions by rambling on about shit that has nothing to do with the question, or hes just getting old and honestly actually losing it. to me, that interview was literally drenched with "listen to my stories about my glory days, my adventures and my incoherent answers that deliberately avoid the question im being asked!"

I loved Alien Covenant, but as far as the press rounds for the film go, this is painfully spot on.

question11

did anyone else notice him saying it would be better if daniels is killed off but the studio has contractually obligated her to remain alive.

dookie

Ridley does an excellent job of dodging questions. Lol

DaddyYautja

like i said in the book thread, some one needs to fire the editor for cutting out all this important info.

Didnt the same thing happened with Prom? Important stuff left out and explained in the novel or in later interviews.

gantarat

gantarat

Quote from: N-Shifter on May 24, 2017, 10:52:59 PM
I haven't listened to it all yet but got to the part where she asked him if the Alien Queen was still part of this universe..............the hell was that answer all about? I still don't know, just answer the question Ridders.

"No, I'm interested in doing my own mythology with my Alien movies."

So No Queen is his mind.

Quote from: DaddyYautja on May 25, 2017, 12:14:16 AM
like i said in the book thread, some one needs to fire the editor for cutting out all this important info.

Didnt the same thing happened with Prom? Important stuff left out and explained in the novel or in later interviews.

But Editor get Ordered from Ridley (who direct both movies.)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed