Empire Podcast Alien: Covenant with Ridley Scott [SPOILERS]

Started by Ingwar, May 23, 2017, 06:28:58 PM

Author
Empire Podcast Alien: Covenant with Ridley Scott [SPOILERS] (Read 63,602 times)

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: RidgeTop on May 24, 2017, 07:21:27 PM
Quote from: banecat on May 24, 2017, 07:18:11 PM
if you had to take a guess, how do you think it will tie in to lv426? david is the space jockey? ha
The recent Life & Death comics hinted that the Juggernauts can time travel. Perhaps that?

Ugh, please don't... No time travel!  :'(

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: echobbase79 on May 24, 2017, 07:28:21 PM

I'm curious to know if these rules even consider anything past the first film to be a part of his creative agenda as far as the new films go?

Probably not. See my previous post.

banecat

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 24, 2017, 07:20:31 PM
Unfortunately, I think that's where he's going. I really hope he doesn't. The whole lure of the Jockey and the Aliens has taken a hit with Prometheus and Covenant, I'm not sure I can stomach David being in the pressure suit.
how could you see them explaining the size of the space jockey if david does indeed become him?
and then, ugh, time travel? ha, how about petrification instead like he does in the novel with the eggs he found?

CrespiChickenStrips

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 24, 2017, 06:36:52 PM
When Ridley says the Aliens in 3 and 4 were all CG...

He really doesn't have much awareness of the franchise outside his own films.  :-\

You beat me to it. Hard to believe. He even goes as far to say that they use digital elements in Aliens. Facepalm

Xenomorphine

This is the same illogical nonsense he came up with during 'Prometheus' (except with less Jesus).

Exactly how were we "killing the planet" two thousand years ago?

And how the f**k would destroying the entire planet's ecosystem in such a catastrophic way be better?

Humans were no more "killing themselves" than any other species (probably a good deal less so, if anything, since communities of people realised they needed to band together to survive harsh times, like bad weather). I don't know what he means by declaring we couldn't "settle down", either, because we had huge empires existing and most tribes had to settle down and farm if they wanted to survive.

Really, Scott? If someone's acting immaturely, the logical thing to do is to f**k the planet up beyond all recognition? That, right there, is a case of species acting both immaturely and irresponsibly.

Whenever he says this stuff, I always think of this guy...

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 24, 2017, 07:52:25 PM
This is the same illogical nonsense he came up with during 'Prometheus' (except with less Jesus).

Exactly how were we "killing the planet" two thousand years ago?

And how the f**k would destroying the entire planet's ecosystem in such a catastrophic way be better?

Humans were no more "killing themselves" than any other species (probably a good deal less so, if anything, since communities of people realised they needed to band together to survive harsh times, like bad weather). I don't know what he means by declaring we couldn't "settle down", either, because we had huge empires existing and most tribes had to settle down and farm if they wanted to survive.

Really, Scott? If someone's acting immaturely, the logical thing to do is to f**k the planet up beyond all recognition? That, right there, is a case of species acting both immaturely and irresponsibly.

Whenever he says this stuff, I always think of this guy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7tvauOJMHo

HAHAHA! Yeah, when the next generation of Alien fan directors come in and make new Alien sequels Covenant is gonna get ignored HARD! XD Dammit, Scott hang it up already!

echobbase79

They all but trash the film after the interview is over. lol

JokersWarPig

I'm none to pleased with either of those reasons. They're pretty weak.
I'd rather the engineers not care about us, not even know of our existence much like the case seemed to be in Alien. If they had to know about us and we had to keep the religion aspect of it then I'd rather the Engineers viewed us as inferior/not worthy from a religious stand point. Not this "They're killing the planet, they gotta go" nonsense.

I wish Ridley would just stop.

Xenomorphine

Darn you, Roman Empire! Don't you see you're destroying the planet?!

Somehow...

Apparently...

This is like the US discovering there's some random guy living in New Zealand, judging him to be a psychopath and deciding the only course of action must be to launch the whole of its nuclear arsenal to destroy the entire planet's surface area.

Predatorium

He really expanded upon the alien universe and gave it all a deeper meaning, that's for sure. I like it, feels fresh but in the end it becomes the same "kill or get killed, blow it out the airlock" type of alien movie. Also, Covenant feels very tied to Blade Runner with the whole AI aspect of it.

Aurel

So how come Predators used eggs exactly the same like the ones created by David, in thousands of years before modern civilizations on Earth?  Did David do the time travel ? because i am confused to be honest

Corporal Hicks

The Alien vs. Predator films aren't canon as far as Scott is concerned.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 24, 2017, 09:03:52 PM

As it should be!  ;D

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 24, 2017, 09:03:52 PM
'

If Ridley can ignore movies in the series (as bad as they may be) than I can certainly ignore his entries  ;D. City Hunter still killed a Xeno after all.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Im getting a bit tired of Scotts extravagant BS theories when he hasnt been able to make a rudimentally coherent film in 15 years.

Lately its accumulating in a way where i actually start to think hes slowly crossing into dementia territory (i mean no offense hes what 80?).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed