The first Alien

Started by EJA, May 18, 2017, 02:07:18 PM

Author
The first Alien (Read 3,029 times)

EJA

EJA

This is something I've been wondering lately: What if the original Xenomorph, born from Kane, survived being blown out of the Narcissus' airlock and blasted into space by the engines? Is it possible?

Valaquen

Valaquen

As far as everyone making the film was concerned, the Alien was kaput. The script called for it to be immolated, but they couldn't do that on set at the time. Fans are free to speculate though.

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

Quote from: Valaquen on May 18, 2017, 02:08:57 PM
As far as everyone making the film was concerned, the Alien was kaput. The script called for it to be immolated, but they couldn't do that on set at the time. Fans are free to speculate though.

Isn't there a Ridleygram somewhere of it hiding on board the side, something or other like that? I find it interesting to ask if Ridley himself did that to tease the idea of a sequel or if Fox pressured him to do it in the case it was successful they could make a sequel.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: NetworkATTH on May 18, 2017, 02:48:33 PM

Isn't there a Ridleygram somewhere of it hiding on board the side, something or other like that? I find it interesting to ask if Ridley himself did that to tease the idea of a sequel or if Fox pressured him to do it in the case it was successful they could make a sequel.

No, the Ridleygrams show the Alien being destroyed; you might be thinking of a sketch he made of a spore tucked under the bottom of the shuttle. It's like an Alien all tucked in. The idea was to have an ending that set up a sequel, but they decided not to film it.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

Quote from: Valaquen on May 18, 2017, 05:18:44 PM
Quote from: NetworkATTH on May 18, 2017, 02:48:33 PM

No, the Ridleygrams show the Alien being destroyed; you might be thinking of a sketch he made of a spore tucked under the bottom of the shuttle. It's like an Alien all tucked in. The idea was to have an ending that set up a sequel, but they decided not to film it.

I mean, it looks quite like the "Alien" to me. For all we know it was purposed but never made it much beyond the sketch. You see the legs, the "shoulder pods", it seems its arms are crossed. But like I said, I doubt it made it past much the sketch itself.

Local Trouble

windebieste

windebieste

This argument may be re-opened for debate once you see 'ALIEN: Covenant'. 

IIRC Tennessee attempts to toast the Alien with one of the heavy lifter's rocket nozzles and it survives without any trouble.  Definitely going to have to see this movie again.  Soon.

-Windebieste.

Xenomrph

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: windebieste on May 18, 2017, 11:33:31 PM
IIRC Tennessee attempts to toast the Alien with one of the heavy lifter's rocket nozzles and it survives without any trouble.  Definitely going to have to see this movie again.  Soon.
He does. Then it gets crushed by a crane arm and the other Alien impaled on a truck

talk about consistency

Sonny_Jim

Sonny_Jim

'cept Vorlons don't have knees...

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Omegamorph on May 19, 2017, 10:01:57 AM
Quote from: windebieste on May 18, 2017, 11:33:31 PM
He does. Then it gets crushed by a crane arm and the other Alien impaled on a truck

talk about consistency

I wouldnt say thats a problem. Some materials are resistent to burns but easily break if crushed or contorted.

Its also consistant with Alien. He gets impaled by a harpoon but stays intact when blasged with the thrust. ( ok, i know that the intent was to have him explode lol )

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Until some future story, if it ever exists, canonises that it was somehow destroyed, my preferred line of thought remains that it simply went on tumbling forever.

This fits much better with the general themes. In mythology, typically something dangerous or even demonic is unleashed by unsuspecting adventurers and, while they don't have the means by which to literally destroy it, they can expel/banish it. It isn't dead, but it is rendered harmless, unable to cause further harm. It becomes a warning to others not to venture too close or risk similar consequences.

This feels like a modern update on that idea. 'Hellraiser' did this, too: Cenobites got exiled back where they came from.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 24, 2017, 01:44:34 AM
Until some future story, if it ever exists, canonises that it was somehow destroyed, my preferred line of thought remains that it simply went on tumbling forever.

This fits much better with the general themes. In mythology, typically something dangerous or even demonic is unleashed by unsuspecting adventurers and, while they don't have the means by which to literally destroy it, they can expel/banish it. It isn't dead, but it is rendered harmless, unable to cause further harm. It becomes a warning to others not to venture too close or risk similar consequences.

This feels like a modern update on that idea. 'Hellraiser' did this, too: Cenobites got exiled back where they came from.
You know, this is a pretty neat thematic interpretation. :)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Kane's son is totally alive and just waiting to fall onto some unsuspecting ship of fools.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed