Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers*

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 17, 2017, 10:11:32 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers* (Read 394,524 times)

Corporal Hicks

QuoteOur Hallet dummy for the mouthburster scene. Very old school effect, loads of fun. We pushed a Neomorph baby puppet out of the Hallet dummy mouth with litres of slime and blood for the birthing. A stunt, contortionist was to be used for the scene as well however Ridley was so impressed with actor Nathaniel Dean @nathaniel__dean it wasn't necessary. All shot on location in Milford Sound NZ.

Sculpted by Colin Ware @prosthetix , painted by Damian Martin, meched by Thomas Van Koerden and Graham Riddel @grahammcbeyriddell , hair punched by Alice Baueris and puppeteered on set by Conor O'Sullivan , Adam Johansen @adman855 , Colin Ware & Rob Trenton

We've seen this one in the past but I don't think we've seen it in good quality.

Corporal Hicks

Some storyboards from Stephane Levallois.

QuoteI don't hide from you that it's pretty good to get up in the morning to draw these plans... Originally, the wreck of the derelict was broken in two by the center (Ridley Scott made a gesture of my hands and bruitait a Little " Crac " followed by a " right " heard... and it was through that crack that the characters were coming back.

QuoteI wanted to design the walls of the very gigeriens room, with bone shapes... although i know that in terms of decoration, it is much more complex and expensive to produce...

QuoteThe little insect bugs that infestaient the carrion are moving and they're gonna contaminate the smart guy...

QuoteThe virus enters the auditory canal and passes through the tympan. I find interesting the similarity of form between the ear canal and the couloir corridor, the alien vessel... I don't know if it was Scott's. I think so.

Corporal Hicks

An ancestor to the facehugger designed and built by Dominic Hailstone for David's lab.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

QuoteEarly Alien Covenant. I proposed David have stupid chicken aliens that he kept as pets.

Dominic Hailstone

KiramidHead

And we've come full circle back to Eric Red's script with that comment. :laugh:

BishopShouldGo

Snow would've been beautiful.

bobby brown

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 25, 2017, 12:23:40 PM

An ancestor to the facehugger designed and built by Dominic Hailstone for David's lab.

Wow beat me to it. Incredible creature love it!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

QuoteVery early Neomorph Concept Art for Ridley Scott's Alien Covenant

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/ldeqo

QuoteProtomorph Skull for Ridley Scott's Alien Covenant. This was 3D printed & used in the puppet & suit version of the Creature.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/x690X

QuoteAlien: Covenant (2017) - MPC Montreal

Working on a Ridley Scott movie was a dream come true!

Working in the Environments Department as primarily a digital sculptor, I was tasked with sculpting high resolution surface details on several of the buildings used in the city. I also did a bit vegetation/debris scattering.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/lY2yO

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 25, 2017, 12:23:40 PM

Some comments from Dane Hallett about this creation -

QuoteI have fond memories of the legendary Dominic Hailstone whittling away at this digital sculpt right behind me as I sketched my ass off. He was earnestly making sure that the 'Pil Bug' would collapse and expand without the legs getting in the way (as it would naturally). They shot the scene in which it features and now I can't even find it a shot of it on the Blu ray. Such is, the nature of the beast I suppose. Awesome work regardless (as usual).

Kane's other son

The albino alien with the dark dome is fantastic. I wish they used that for David's alien, to better differentiate it from the final biomechanical creature.

Scorpio

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 22, 2017, 07:42:20 AM

Amazing practical effect.  Reminds me of City of the Living Dead, the infamous gut puking scene.

Also, an albino alien was originally going to appear in Aliens, was it not?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Scorpio on Oct 03, 2017, 09:17:20 AM
Also, an albino alien was originally going to appear in Aliens, was it not?

Yep! As a "drone" that tended to the hive. NECA recently did a take on the concept.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

QuoteHuh. I think I totally forgot to post this with the other Shaw drawings all that time ago (the ones in the "WARNING" Container)! Basically I took two Shaw 'Immaculate Heart" religious/blasphemous studies to completion. In the end I chose the profile version posted previously. While I like the Florentine drapery here with the allusion to Mary's hood/headdress and it's more straight-up like the religious portraits with her heart exposed, in the end I liked the fishbowl helmet doing double duty as a halo and the engineer's spine in place of her own on the profile. And rebreathing stuff. So, y'know, that went in the film! I'd hoped people would get the religious analogy but hey... 😄 Pencil, charcoal, Photoshop

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZu8-T5lOPH/?tagged=aliencovenant

QuoteIt wasn't just adults that David 'explored'. Here's a study of an Engineer child. The inference is, what did he do to get the musculature and then skeleton study? Yeesh! Now I think of it that idea would be clearer if I flipped everything so the progression went left to right. Oh well... Pencil, charcoal, Photoshop.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZXJL5Llrk8/?taken-by=matthatt0n

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed