Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers*

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 17, 2017, 10:11:32 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers* (Read 389,413 times)

XENOMORPHOSIS

Rather annoyed that most of the practical effects are replaced by CGI, however it looks like the practical effects were limited, textures animatronics pulse bladders to convey convinving realism, its as though the practical creature suits were simply a stand in to be fixed by CGI afterwards.   ???

Corporal Hicks

That was pretty much the general intention, yeah.

Look into my eye

moviereaper

Better than the whole movie...

bobby brown

Finally some good views of the ACTUAL final alien design. Pretty cool. (y)

lv_226

lv_226

Man, this is awesome!

From the shot at 3:13  (my favorite shot of the alien in this movie) it would appear the film had a different color-gradation. I like this blue-ish tone, it looks quite like Prometheus. I love it!

Ingwar

Ingwar

I'm not against CGI. Sometimes you have to use it. But why haven't gone for practical in the scene where David meets Neomorph? Just check this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3fo_u6sTrE

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

QuoteAlien, back when it was called Paradise (2015)

By Dominic Hailstone.

Evanus

That is so creepy and beautiful.

XENOMORPHOSIS

It feels weird but the Neomorph's face looks like a nightmare-ish blow up doll :P

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Apparently from one of the Engineer actors who was registered on Scified but I can't find the particular thread.

Spotted this one via Alien Xenomorph Origins on Facebook. No idea as to the actual source, though.

HABIT

I'm sorry, Hicks, but the second image of your above post just makes me feel like I'm giving the Engineer really terrible head.

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed