Alien: Covenant's Practical Alien Suit on The Late Late Show!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 17, 2017, 08:30:27 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant's Practical Alien Suit on The Late Late Show! (Read 12,739 times)

Elmazalman

* Video not available *

StJimmy

Remember though that this isnt a fully formed Xenomorph this is a protomorph with less biomechanical features etc although they did use too much cg on the creatures in the film.

T Dog

Quote from: StJimmy on May 17, 2017, 04:09:50 PM
Remember though that this isnt a fully formed Xenomorph this is a protomorph with less biomechanical features etc although they did use too much cg on the creatures in the film.
Yeah its still waiting so that it can chestburst out of David or another android. C'mon we all know it's coming!

Rudiger

Quote from: locusta on May 17, 2017, 11:06:36 AM
So, what did Scott say about putting an orange in its mouth and it was cooked?????  Same here. Just even more a laughing stock.

Bingo!

Jenga

This is really sad. It looks they took a suite that would look fantastic on the tall skinny performer mentioned in earlier articles and put it on an average height actor with a gut. Then they shot it in bright light, with no slime/effects and they didn't even assemble it correctly.

This makes the Alien look worse and hurts the case for partical effects to casual viewers (such as movie studio executives unfortunately).

This is the kind of thing Ridley Scott was talking about. I am so excited to see this movie and this really bums me out.

Elmazalman

I never liked this type of levity. I remember the Pepsi (or was it Coke?) ad with the Alien Runner chasing some kids down a dark alleyway. I'm glad they didn't do this for the original ALIEN's release.

Dan

If you read the article you would have noticed that this suit was made for another performer. I've seen pictures of the guy in this very same suit for the film & the neck looks great. This is an amazing suit and you can't read.

Jaymz

The original performer that this suit was created for is 198cm tall and very slender unlike the performer in it and clearly the shoulder tubes had not been attached properly, and this performers head doesn't fit in to the the creature head rig so it's sitting higher than it should.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: StJimmy on May 17, 2017, 04:09:50 PM

If you've watched the film, you'll know why this theory seems unlikely to develop for any next sequel.

Quote from: Elmazalman on May 17, 2017, 09:57:18 PM
I never liked this type of levity. I remember the Pepsi (or was it Coke?) ad with the Alien Runner chasing some kids down a dark alleyway. I'm glad they didn't do this for the original ALIEN's release.

You mean you don't like seeing Aliens growling, snarling and flailing aimlessly around like a demented rapper?

Elmazalman

Ha! Yes, that's actually better than I remembered it.

Zilla68

That was really good and the suit look amazing

MENTD

The suit looks like crap. They just don't care like they used to. I don't know how Ridley allowed
the alien to look so crap, I jus tsaw the movie last night... It was so filled with CGI, I could barely
even tell what was going on. The alien looked awful in the actual film, like a cartoon bouncing all around.
Can't believe they reduced it to basically a Marvel super hero type villian.

SizzyBubbles

That suit looks so great... why was there no creature suit/animatronics in the film again? (at least not that I could see)

I really enjoyed this little skit  :D the way the alien just twitches around.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed