The Book of Alien: Augmented Reality Survival Manual

Started by Perfect-Organism, May 16, 2017, 10:25:37 AM

Author
The Book of Alien: Augmented Reality Survival Manual (Read 16,793 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jul 15, 2017, 06:51:08 AMThat gun image seems familiar, almost like it's an amalgam of the Lacrima-99 from Resurrection and one of the WY weapons from 'Aliens: Colonial Marines' or something.

It's straight out of ACM. It's the Wey-Yu assault rifle with the flamethrower attachment equipped.

Xenomrph

I knew it looked familiar, thanks.

Corporal Hicks

Should have an advanced copy of this on way shortly. Will see what it's like.

HuDaFuK

Do let us know if they eventually worked out what the Pulse Rifle looked like :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Will do.  :laugh: I'm hoping that was just a slip-up in the details, though.

I've been reading more on the publishers and the concept of an Augmented Reality book. I know some of Marvel's comics toyed with them but I never bothered with them. However, I'm curious to see how it's implemented here.

I checked out some of their other AR titles and they seem to review well.

Xenomrph

Augmented Reality can be legitimately super cool if it's handled well.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 15, 2017, 10:36:00 AM
Do let us know if they eventually worked out what the Pulse Rifle looked like :laugh:

I received my review copy yesterday. I only had a quick flick through but it looks like they sorted this. Will double-check later. I had a go on a few of the AR things too. There's videos that play "on the page" through the app and there's a bulk of about 8 AR "activities" in the middle of the bulk.

I had a go on the egg analysis which was fune. And I tried one where you had to land a dropship. Controls and perspective were a little hard to get the hang off but still kinda cool.

Corporal Hicks

I checked and it's been replaced with a section on the Assault Rifle. The Pulse Rifle gets a bigger spread later on.

locusta

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 22, 2017, 08:43:30 AM

I received my review copy yesterday. I only had a quick flick through but it looks like they sorted this. Will double-check later. I had a go on a few of the AR things too. There's videos that play "on the page" through the app and there's a bulk of about 8 AR "activities" in the middle of the bulk.

I had a go on the egg analysis which was fune. And I tried one where you had to land a dropship. Controls and perspective were a little hard to get the hang off but still kinda cool.

Well, well, well.

So the artist used my ALIEN Egg untextured sculpt picture: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=271906

Can anybody show me further scans of the book. Would like to dig there after.

Thanks.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 23, 2017, 07:42:42 AMI checked and it's been replaced with a section on the Assault Rifle. The Pulse Rifle gets a bigger spread later on.

Bonus points for that then :laugh:

Quote from: locusta on Sep 23, 2017, 09:15:44 AMWell, well, well.

So the artist used my ALIEN Egg untextured sculpt picture: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=271906

Without your knowledge? Is that not... theft?

locusta

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 23, 2017, 09:21:12 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 23, 2017, 07:42:42 AMI checked and it's been replaced with a section on the Assault Rifle. The Pulse Rifle gets a bigger spread later on.

Bonus points for that then :laugh:

Quote from: locusta on Sep 23, 2017, 09:15:44 AMWell, well, well.

Without your knowledge? Is that not... theft?

Saw the book and the egg picture today the first time. Super lame actually.

RidgeTop

Yeesh man, people using your art left and right it seems.

locusta

locusta

Yeah. I donĀ“t mind if I get asked, at least that should be possible, as the picture which is used is only on the web with my signature.

Here a comparison gif:

https://ibb.co/jJtKw5

Corporal Hicks

I believe that may even be the model used in the AR video.

locusta

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 23, 2017, 07:10:46 PM
I believe that may even be the model used in the AR video.

How come, without a 3D file?

Anyway, I appreciate any more info about the book and the virtual content. Not really eager right now to toss money after them. Thanks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed