PROMETHEUS: Workprint Edition 2017

Started by GrimmVision, May 16, 2017, 09:06:24 AM

Author
PROMETHEUS: Workprint Edition 2017 (Read 69,631 times)

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

Quote from: Raziel666 on May 17, 2017, 09:17:29 AM
Will this have surround sound? What about its resolution? Will it be available for download?

Thanks for your efforts!  :D

I haven't compressed it much from the source files I had from the start of working on this. I output the film at 1080p with stereo sound with Final Cut Pro, so it's not going to be as good as viewing it on Blu-Ray, otherwise I'd be dealing with a near impossible file size and it would take a lot more than the seven hours this file will take to upload to Google Drive. But all the same, it's very watchable. It still sounds great and is probably equivalent to watching a near 1080p video on Youtube. The file size is still large - almost 19gb.

Also, I'm pretty sure you'll have a much better viewing experience if you download the file versus steaming it from the link I'll provide.

Thanks, guys. Uploading to Google Drive now! - Cheers ;D

oduodu

oduodu

Could you perhaps supply file size
container type (MP4 prores etc) video codec (mpg avchd etc).

Thank you

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

Quote from: oduodu on May 17, 2017, 04:47:26 PM
Could you perhaps supply file size
container type (MP4 prores etc) video codec (mpg avchd etc).

Thank you

I exported the file in H.264 and it's a .mov file. I'm not great with computer lingo, so I hope that has at least some relevance as an answer to your question! :-X

oduodu

oduodu

Thanks thats plenty. .

Alien³

Alien³

I own the Agent 9 fan edit on DVD. I loved that but there was some issues with colour and sound differences with the new scenes added in.

I'm very intrigued by your version. Gonna wanna copy if thats possible!

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

Okay, I got some bad news, but it's not terribly bad.

I thought when I uploaded the video and it finished processing, that would be that and you could all watch it! But it looks like once it's finished uploading, it's processed multiple times for different playback resolutions as well as configured so it can play on multiple devices. Right now, it's available to watch in 360p. Because the file size is so large - 17GB, processing it will probably take some time, possibly a few days.

I am very sorry if this disappoints anyone who wanted to watch it before Covenant! :-[ If the processing time is shorter than I'm anticipating, I will then of course link you guys straight away. But, until the file processing completes the resolution I want you guys to watch it in - 1080p, I will post again with the link and update the OP in this thread. Thanks!

If you'd like to view it right now regardless of it's quality, PM for the link! It's only playable on desktops in 360p at the moment. No mobile viewing yet.

Alien³

Alien³

Could you PM me a link once it's done processing in full 1080p?

I've already seen Covenant 8)

Whiskeybrewer

Looking forward to this :)

Corporal Hicks

Definitely interested in giving it a watch when it's finished uploading at higher resolution.  :)

windebieste

I'm definitely interested in this... Please count me in.

-Windebieste.

Elmazalman

Me three.

Giger Beast

Count me in too! Looking forward to this.

Valaquen

Happy to wait :)

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

Aaaaand, It's done processing in HD! Thank you all for your patience!
I hope all of you enjoy it as much as I do ;D

UPDATED LINK: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzIewBtyckjtVW5aWEtzOU9walE/view?usp=sharing

echobbase79

Thanks again Coal.

I watched this last night and it's now my preferred cut of the movie. The ending is so much better. I wish they would've kept all the Engineer material in the film.

I think Prometheus was an excellent film until they went into the editing room. I enjoy the final release, but this cut fixes most of the kinks from that felt off in that version. 

The release version I only gave a 6.5/10, but this version I'd have no problem giving 9/10.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed