PROMETHEUS: Workprint Edition 2017

Started by GrimmVision, May 16, 2017, 09:06:24 AM

Author
PROMETHEUS: Workprint Edition 2017 (Read 69,679 times)

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

WATCH OR DOWNLOAD NOW!

UPDATED LINK (JANUARY 31st 2018):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10JuJz_c3igkz-BXMZWlv-ZojH__Iqyy-/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for checking this out, I hope all of you enjoy! Please, let me know what you think!

Support the artists! BUY PROMETHEUS!

https://www.amazon.com/Prometheus-Blu-ray-DVD-Digital-Copy/dp/B0085Z8F4A
https://itunes.apple.com/movie/prometheus/id547496947

Hello, all!

I've recently decided to throw Prometheus into the Final Cut app with many of it's Blu-Ray deleted scenes. I did not take any scene out of this edit that are in the original theatrical film, because I already enjoy mostly everything in the film. I kept out deleted scenes that looked incomplete or simply felt too rough to be incorporated into a coherent and fully watchable version. I sadly don't have the ability to make them look complete -  I would've loved to have the back and forth between David and Vickers as he's leaving the Juggernaut and she's headed down to the cargo bay to prevent Holloway from coming on board, but it's just too rough of a cut.

I feel some of these key scenes make the movie more enjoyable as they elaborate upon some of the character's motives, the choices they make, as well as help us understand how certain characters come to the conclusions they seem to make so easily in the theatrical cut.

At around 2 hours and 40 minutes, it has:

• The extended sacrificial scene with the Elder Engineers
• The full length Weyland TED Talk
• Shaw's transmission to Weyland - New fully rendered scene that shows Weyland's research facility on Mars
• David's extended intro as he watches Lawrence of Arabia
• Janek's Christmas talk
• Extended Milburn and Fifield dialogue
• Janek sending probes from the Prometheus out into the atmosphere as they enter the storm
• Milburn finding the flatworm
• Shaw's speech of how the Earth came to be after David saves her
• Milburn and Fifield finding the Hammerpede skin
• Longer dialogue between Shaw and Holloway after he sees something in his eye while looking in the mirror
• Alternate CGI Fifield attack sequence
• Janek's and Vickers' conversation about "pushing the button"
• Shaw praying in the mirror
• Extended dialogue between Vickers and Weyland, but edited so that it's not as choppy as the full deleted scene
• Weyland's speech for the Last Engineer, but I kept the Engineer quiet - he's creepier that way
• Extended scene where the Engineer plays with the chandelier, finds Shaw behind the counter, and she uses the axe on the Engineer before unleashing the Trilobite - This scene originally didn't match up with the theatrical version because half the Engineer's face is burned in the theatrical version, but not in the deleted scene. This is rectified and the Engineer's face is no longer burned at any part of this scene thanks to CGI enhancements
• Extended dialogue between Shaw and David as she goes back to get David in the Juggernaut - this is the "sweeter" version of the scene, not the alternate cut where Shaw says "And you're a f**king robot."
• The "Intro to Mankind" transmission that's broadcasted for the Engineers plays after the credits
• The David 8 viral video plays after the "Intro to Mankind" transmission video

I kept the "sweeter" version of Shaw talking to Holloway after the Engineers head explodes because I love the twisted realization that Shaw is supposed to be infertile, but goes through a traumatic experience involving having an Alien baby inside of her.

Not all credit on this goes to me, as there was another fan edit of Prometheus I cut a few things from, including the hard work that was put into rendering the scene where Weyland watches Shaw's transmission in his research facility on Mars, and the editing on the Engineer's face during the melee sequence with Shaw. I refined some of the poorly edited cuts and transitions, making it an overall much more streamlined re-envisioning. Credit for those newly enhanced scenes, I believe goes to James Rivers. His workprint edition is the one I'm working off of. He created a trailer for his version which can be viewed below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT_a-OLdWXs

oduodu

oduodu

What ? Janek sent out probes? There is a deleted scene for that?

Shaw explains how earth came to be ?

Where can I find a list of all the deleted scenes on the blu ray?

Wonderful work you and Rivers have done.

Is there any possibility of someone removing the guards that was killed during the Fifield attack in later scenes?

Just kidding I know it must have been a lot of work.

May I ask what software you were using to edit the mistakes out?

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: CoalescedChaos on May 16, 2017, 09:06:24 AM
LINK TO WATCH WILL BE UP WITHIN 24 HOURS. CHECK BACK LATER.

Thanks for checking this out, I hope all of you enjoy! Please, let me know what you think!

Support the artists! BUY PROMETHEUS!

https://www.amazon.com/Prometheus-Blu-ray-DVD-Digital-Copy/dp/B0085Z8F4A
https://itunes.apple.com/movie/prometheus/id547496947

Hello, all!

I've recently decided to throw Prometheus into the Final Cut app with many of it's Blu-Ray deleted scenes. I did not take any scene out of this edit that are in the original theatrical film, because I already enjoy mostly everything in the film. I kept out deleted scenes that looked incomplete or simply felt too rough to be incorporated into a coherent and fully watchable version. I sadly don't have the ability to make them look complete -  I would've loved to have the back and forth between David and Vickers as he's leaving the Juggernaut and she's headed down to the cargo bay to prevent Holloway from coming on board, but it's just too rough of a cut.

I feel some of these key scenes make the movie more enjoyable as they elaborate upon some of the character's motives, the choices they make, as well as help us understand how certain characters come to the conclusions they seem to make so easily in the theatrical cut.

At around 2 hours and 40 minutes, it has:

• The extended sacrificial scene with the Elder Engineers
• The full length Weyland TED Talk
• Shaw's transmission to Weyland - New fully rendered scene that shows Weyland's research facility on Mars
• David's extended intro as he watches Lawrence of Arabia
• Janek's Christmas talk
• Extended Milburn and Fifield dialogue
• Janek sending probes from the Prometheus out into the atmosphere as they enter the storm
• Milburn finding the flatworm
• Shaw's speech of how the Earth came to be after David saves her
• Milburn and Fifield finding the Hammerpede skin
• Longer dialogue between Shaw and Holloway after he sees something in his eye while looking in the mirror
• Alternate CGI Fifield attack sequence
• Janek's and Vickers' conversation about "pushing the button"
• Shaw praying in the mirror
• Extended dialogue between Vickers and Weyland, but edited so that it's not as choppy as the full deleted scene
• Weyland's speech for the Last Engineer, but I kept the Engineer quiet - he's creepier that way
• Extended scene where the Engineer plays with the chandelier, finds Shaw behind the counter, and she uses the axe on the Engineer before unleashing the Trilobite - This scene originally didn't match up with the theatrical version because half the Engineer's face is burned in the theatrical version, but not in the deleted scene. This is rectified and the Engineer's face is no longer burned at any part of this scene thanks to CGI enhancements
• Extended dialogue between Shaw and David as she goes back to get David in the Juggernaut - this is the "sweeter" version of the scene, not the alternate cut where Shaw says "And you're a f**king robot."
• The "Intro to Mankind" transmission that's broadcasted for the Engineers plays after the credits
• The David 8 viral video plays after the "Intro to Mankind" transmission video

I kept the "sweeter" version of Shaw talking to Holloway after the Engineers head explodes because I love the twisted realization that Shaw is supposed to be infertile, but goes through a traumatic experience involving having an Alien baby inside of her.

Not all credit on this goes to me, as there was another fan edit of Prometheus I cut a few things from, including the hard work that was put into rendering the scene where Weyland watches Shaw's transmission in his research facility on Mars, and the editing on the Engineer's face during the melee sequence with Shaw. I refined some of the poorly edited cuts and transitions, making it an overall much more streamlined re-envisioning. Credit for those newly enhanced scenes, I believe goes to James Rivers. His workprint edition is the one I'm working off of. He created a trailer for his version which can be viewed below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT_a-OLdWXs
I don't know where you live but I will find you and...support you!

By the way, what graphics card did you use? Quadro? Titan?

echobbase79

Nice. I'll watch this version before I go see Covenant on Friday!

GrimmVision

Quote from: oduodu on May 16, 2017, 11:00:19 AM
What ? Janek sent out probes? There is a deleted scene for that?

Shaw explains how earth came to be ?

Where can I find a list of all the deleted scenes on the blu ray?

Wonderful work you and Rivers have done.

Is there any possibility of someone removing the guards that was killed during the Fifield attack in later scenes?

Just kidding I know it must have been a lot of work.

May I ask what software you were using to edit the mistakes out?

I used Final Cut Pro on my Mac.

It really wasn't a lot of work as I already had the workprint edition that James Rivers had made. I just worked off of his version which I thought flowed very nicely, but I didn't like how some of the deleted scenes he added were not completed and looked out of place alongside the final version. There was also some poor editing and transitions between scenes that I corrected. The deleted scenes I took out were more or less small snippets that don't have any effect on the larger plot anyway.

The scenes include Holloway saying "You're smiling" to Shaw after he climbed up the mountain side to see what she found in the Isle of Sky, a small snippet of Holloway saying "That's the sweetest air I've ever tasted" after he takes off his helmet in the Pyramid, and there's also an exchange between Vickers and David that I would've liked to keep in, but it didn't look or sound completed.

I personally did not do any work on the scenes where Weyland watches Shaw's transmission from his facility on Mars, or the CGI enhancements made to the Engineer's face to keep continuity with the deleted scene. That was more than likely all James Rivers' work. Beautiful stuff!

The scene where Janek send out probes is quite literally two seconds long.

Shaw gathers a group of people after they all realize Fifield and Milburn were left behind during the storm and she does a little speech about the Engineer head that they found. This scene happens before they inspect the head and it explodes.

Unfortunately, I think we're just gonna have to live with the mess of seeing the guards that were killed during the Fifield attack later as they take care of Weyland, ahaha.

Quote from: Salt The Fries on May 16, 2017, 03:44:19 PM

I don't know where you live but I will find you and...support you!

By the way, what graphics card did you use? Quadro? Titan?

Intel Iris. But I didn't do any of the rendering or CGI enhancements. I just threw what I already had into the Final Cut Pro app I have on my Mac.

Quote from: echobbase79 on May 16, 2017, 04:53:06 PM

Nice. I'll watch this version before I go see Covenant on Friday!

That's what I'll be doing with a friend the night before we go to see Covenant!

oduodu

oduodu

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=51561.0

Have you ever seen this thread? It has clips not on the blu  ray DVD .

GrimmVision

Quote from: oduodu on May 16, 2017, 07:20:32 PM
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=51561.0

Have you ever seen this thread? It has clips not on the blu  ray DVD .

Oh, wow, I had not seen that! Most everything from that thread is in the version I'm putting together! Looks like member Crazy Shrimp even linked James Rivers trailer for his workprint cut in that thread!

But I didn't keep Shaw being angry with Holloway after the briefing in because it was edited poorly and really didn't have any effect on anything.

I really wish we had the scene of the Engineer reading the book before he attacks Shaw :'[ Would've been fascinating to see.

oduodu

oduodu

Glad you like it but the link to xeno_alpha_07 article in the OP  at his blog for some reason isn't working . There are more scenes there that wasn't on the blu ray.

Sorry link not working I'll PM xeno alpha.

http://weyland-yutaniarchives.blogspot.in/2013/09/prometheus-lesser-known-deleted-and.html

This is the link I am talking about

Wait I think I have found the correct link where it was moved:

http://www.scified.com/news/prometheus--the-lesser-known-deleted-and-alternate-scenes

SM

SM

Xeno_Alpha_07 moved all his WY Archive stuff to Scified. 

GrimmVision

Alright guys, sorry but I won't have this up until late Wednesday evening or sometime early on Thursday so that everyone going to Covenant on Friday can watch this beforehand. I was gonna work on it today, but I ended up having plans after all :P

Thanks for your patience!

echobbase79

Cool. Look forward to it! :)

DestinyCaptain

I definitely want to see this stuff.

GrimmVision

Alrighty, everyone - Just finished up! Gonna let Final Cut Pro do the final touches and create the file while I sleep cause it's nearly 4am here. I'll upload the film to Google Drive in the morning and post the link to watch or download it when it's done! :)

Corporal Hicks

I'm looking forward to giving this a watch!

Raziel666

Quote from: CoalescedChaos on May 17, 2017, 08:48:13 AM
Alrighty, everyone - Just finished up! Gonna let Final Cut Pro do the final touches and create the file while I sleep cause it's nearly 4am here. I'll upload the film to Google Drive in the morning and post the link to watch or download it when it's done! :)

Will this have surround sound? What about its resolution? Will it be available for download?

Thanks for your efforts!  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed