Alien: Covenant Box Office Performance

Started by John73, May 14, 2017, 05:51:54 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Box Office Performance (Read 273,273 times)

kwisatz

Ha! Fox will be pleased to hear that!  :D

Scorpio

Not the Blomkamp fanboys, though.

0321recon

Corporal Hicks

I'm a little hesitant about that (and not a Blomkamp fanboy  ::) ), just not keen on the direction these prequels are going.

BishopShouldGo

Ridley's just posturing.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

bb-15

Quote from: Alionic on Oct 08, 2017, 02:30:19 AM
Ridley Scott flat out says Alien: Covenant made enough money for Fox to greenlight a sequel on the recent empire podcast.

I hope Ridley is right about a sequel. "Covenant" is still making money in Japan, from disk sales and streaming.

Current worldwide box office is;  $240,739,641.
And that is very close to 2.5 times its production budget (of $97 million).

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main&id=alienparadiselost.htm

;)

Alionic

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 09, 2017, 03:14:02 PM
Quote from: kwisatz on Oct 08, 2017, 11:46:06 PM

It will certainly be news to them!  :laugh:

Fox CEO Stacey Snider said there will be a sequel to Covenant a few weeks ago.

Quote from: Scorpio on Oct 09, 2017, 12:11:39 AM
Not the Blomkamp fanboys, though.

I'm willing to bet he'll get to make his fanboy film after Scott wraps up the prequels. Just watch.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Alionic on Oct 10, 2017, 06:50:58 AM

lolnope. Since the story for Covenant II was already written, she's obviously not too keen on it. Any new Alien films (whether Scott is involved or not) will likely try and distance themselves from Covenant even more than Covenant tried to distance itself from Prometheus.

"It was a disappointment, but I trust Ridley [Scott] and Emma [Watts] to know the right story when they find it.
-Stacey Snider Fox CEO"

The Search for Plot continues...

Ingwar

Ingwar

People who are responsible for this franchise have no clue what are they doing. Seriously :) First they made Prometheus as kind of sequel to Alien but without Aliens which was fine with me by the way (lack of Xenomorphs is the last problem of this movie). They introduces new characters and we were ready for voyage with Shaw and David to meet Engineers.Then studio changed their minds and served us sequel to Prometheus with Alien in the title and the name of the ship. That title doesn't mean anything to the movie itself. Why Covenant? Why not! They also put there some Xenomorphs by force because .... there weren't in Prometheus. Plus there were Engineers. A new ingredient of the franchise and ... let's wipe them out. Now we gonna have (if it's gonna happen) sequel to Covenant that will focus on AI (like it didn't focus on David before) rather than Aliens. Are they gonna remove Alien from he title again? I'm not surprised that Covenant made much less money that its predecessor.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Ingwar on Oct 10, 2017, 07:13:19 PM
People who are responsible for this franchise have no clue what are they doing. Seriously :) First they made Prometheus as kind of sequel to Alien but without Aliens which was fine with me by the way (lack of Xenomorphs is the last problem of this movie). They introduces new characters and we were ready for voyage with Shaw and David to meet Engineers.Then studio changed their minds and served us sequel to Prometheus with Alien in the title and the name of the ship. That title doesn't mean anything to the movie itself. Why Covenant? Why not! They also put there some Xenomorphs by force because .... there weren't in Prometheus. Plus there were Engineers. A new ingredient of the franchise and ... let's wipe them out. Now we gonna have (if it's gonna happen) sequel to Covenant that will focus on AI (like it didn't focus on David before) rather than Aliens. Are they gonna remove Alien from he title again? I'm not surprised that Covenant made much less money that its predecessor.

Hammer. Nail. Head.

Alionic

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 10, 2017, 04:04:24 PM
Quote from: Alionic on Oct 10, 2017, 06:50:58 AM

lolnope. Since the story for Covenant II was already written, she's obviously not too keen on it. Any new Alien films (whether Scott is involved or not) will likely try and distance themselves from Covenant even more than Covenant tried to distance itself from Prometheus.

"It was a disappointment, but I trust Ridley [Scott] and Emma [Watts] to know the right story when they find it.
-Stacey Snider Fox CEO"

The Search for Plot continues...

Thanks for confirming my post about Stacey Snider greenlighting a sequel, I guess?

Corporal Hicks

That's not a greenlight or a guarantee, though. It just means Fox is open to a sequel and seems to indicate that whatever story we heard that Scott had worked up previously isn't the right one yet. They're still looking for it.

Local Trouble

Does this mean no new Alien movie that focuses on rogue AIs?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed