Alien: Covenant Box Office Performance

Started by John73, May 14, 2017, 05:51:54 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Box Office Performance (Read 281,640 times)

Look into my eye

bb-15

bb-15

Quote from: windebieste on Jul 21, 2017, 06:00:44 AM
Geologist goes to another planet - fails to pick up a single rock.  Really?  Why not..?

-Windebieste.

A definition of geology;

Quote1 The science which deals with the physical structure and substance of the earth, their history, and the processes which act on them.
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/geology

Once he left the ship in the beginning of the mission Fifield did his job as a geologist when he;
1. Used instruments to show that the dome/pyramid's structure was hollow.
2. When Fifield used the PUPS to determine the structure of the tunnels.

* Also, Fifield was not on earth. He would be doing what's called 'planetary geology'. With space exploration a geologist does not even need to be on another planet to do geology.

QuotePlanetary geology includes such topics as determining the internal structure of the terrestrial planets, and also looks at planetary volcanism and surface processes such as impact craters, fluvial and aeolian processes. The structures of the giant planets and their moons are also examined, as is the make-up of the minor bodies of the Solar System, such as asteroids, the Kuiper Belt, and comets.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetary_geology

- Since Fifield was traveling in space, this seemed to be the kind of geology which he did, which involves figuring out the structure of things on other planets/moons.

;)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Could someone please explain to me what Fifield and Millburn's got to do with Covenant's box office situation?

SM

SM

Isn't it their fault?  Isn't everything?

FallenDarkAngel

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 21, 2017, 06:57:01 PM
Could someone please explain to me what Fifield and Millburn's got to do with Covenant's box office situation?

Exactly.  :D They should've created a separate thread for that.  :laugh: ::)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: SM on Jul 21, 2017, 11:11:10 PM

But I thought Katherine Waterston's hairstyle was responsible for the disappointing box office?  ???

Robopadna

Apparently Fox is reassessing the franchise as a whole due to the poor box office performance.  I'm somewhat surprised but we might actually not get a sequel.

Protozoid

All discussions of Prometheus seem to end up as debates of the movie's merits, and the Milburn-Fifield thing is the main iisues detractors hang onto. I'm as tired of it as anyone else, but I feel the need to point out that, minority opinion notwithstanding, Prometheus 2 would have done better than Covenant. Prometheus was very successful if you tune out the people who think minor characters are fatal flaws and the fresh premise is what this franchise needed to thrive. Those chances were dashed my Prometheus haters who harped on all of the wrong issues. They need to get over this double standard and support original science fiction movies if they want to see more successful ones.

bb-15

bb-15

I wrote in my first reply about this that it was off topic but since it came up, I had my own view of it.
The topic started with Replies #1380, #1381 and my Reply #1384 in this thread.

* I'd gladly talk about "Covenant" worldwide box office which is now at $232,312,741 (box office mojo)
The film needs Japan's release to get to ~$250 million which would be good news for a possible sequel imo.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 22, 2017, 03:35:40 PMBut I thought Katherine Waterston's hairstyle was responsible for the disappointing box office?  ???

Ha ha...

;)

nanison

Quote from: FallenDarkAngel on Jul 22, 2017, 03:34:52 AM

Exactly.  :D They should've created a separate thread for that.  :laugh: ::)

They made her look so ordinary which is some doing as she is actually super hot. If you don't believe me watch inherent vice

SM

SM

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 22, 2017, 03:35:40 PM
Quote from: SM on Jul 21, 2017, 11:11:10 PM

But I thought Katherine Waterston's hairstyle was responsible for the disappointing box office?  ???

Millburn's hobbies included hair styling.  Had he not died on LV-223, he could've applied for the Covenant mission and given Daniels long hair like a proper girly should have.

Bottom line - everything is Fifield and Millburn's fault.  Evah.

tleilaxu

Actually short hair is objectively better on girls.

monkeylove

More likely an attempt to copy Ripley's character and appearance rather than style preferences, and that in turn connected to the idea that copying from previous films would lead to box office success.

SM

SM

Quote from: tleilaxu on Jul 23, 2017, 02:51:18 AM

:laugh:

PierreVW

Quote from: tleilaxu on Jul 23, 2017, 02:51:18 AM

I disagree but some women look great with short hair. For example: Emma Watson.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed