Did Xenomorphs cause the accident?

Started by EJA, May 13, 2017, 09:00:36 PM

Author
Did Xenomorphs cause the accident? (Read 3,652 times)

SM

SM

The sound is much more like a Deacon.

The hypersleep chambers are a much more stronger implication though.

Alien³

Alien³

I've always chalked it off to a Deacon like creature/s based on the sound and fact the deacon also bursts from the chest.

Taxemic

Taxemic

Similar creatures and mutated variants but I don't think the actual xenomorph as we know it turns up until Covenant.

I think the Engineers either predicted or worshiped something similar to the deacon in the past due to the mural. But David perfected the beast.

Rudiger

Rudiger

Quote from: EJA on May 13, 2017, 09:00:36 PM
When the Prometheus crew find the dead Engineer bodies, one of them says that it looks as though something exploded out of their chests. So were there Xenomorphs, or similar creatures, already on LV-223 at the time of the accident?

Before
Alien: Covenant was released: I would say that's a fair assumption.

After Alien: Covenant was released: Who the hell knows? It seems like the black goo can cause all manner of things to burst forth from within. And, of course, there's the whole "David made the Alien" suff going on.

BonesawT101

Except he definitely didn't create the creature from scratch. A form of creature existed long before David got his hands on the accelerant as displayed on the mural in Prometheus. Also, doesn't David say something to the effect of the engineers had their wolf and tried to banish him and now he had created his wolf in the advent short? There is Also, if you look carefully, in David's layer, a painting of the original Alien ovomorph hanging to the left of a painting of his new version of the ovomorph.
I imagine that yes some ancient form of the alien creature born from the Engineer's DNA accelerant mixture was running amok on LV-223. In my opnion anyway.

Rudiger

Rudiger

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Oct 10, 2017, 04:17:36 PM
Except he definitely didn't create the creature from scratch. A form of creature existed long before David got his hands on the accelerant as displayed on the mural in Prometheus. Also, doesn't David say something to the effect of the engineers had their wolf and tried to banish him and now he had created his wolf in the advent short? There is Also, if you look carefully, in David's layer, a painting of the original Alien ovomorph hanging to the left of a painting of his new version of the ovomorph.
I imagine that yes some ancient form of the alien creature born from the Engineer's DNA accelerant mixture was running amok on LV-223. In my opnion anyway.

You've pretty much captured why I find A:C so disappointing. In terms of simple storying telling / answering the big questions, it's such a muddled mess. Answers are possibly hidden in Blu Ray extras, which either (a) clarify or (b) contradict what we've seen before. I find that infuriating. Extras, deleted scenes and virals are all well and good, but they should do no more that supplement the little details. This doesn't feel like a mystery slowly coming into focus; it feels like they changed course completely from one film to the next.

Highland

It got out, turned on them. The end. It's time for us to go home.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed