Filming Decimated Bishop from Alien 3

Started by echobbase79, May 13, 2017, 05:51:22 PM

Author
Filming Decimated Bishop from Alien 3 (Read 1,734 times)

echobbase79

Here's another great video from ADI!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlMP1l7E_fc

Elmazalman

Great stuff!

BishopShouldGo

Lol Fincher you are such a lazy dude. Could've wrote the f**k out of Bishop.

All hail King Lindelof and King Logan.

SM

SM

This and the Newborn are some of the best special effects ever committed to film.  Had no idea how they did Bishop when I first saw Alien3.  Thought it might have been some sort of makeup job on Lance Henriksen- except part of his head was missing.  Even when I read how it was done, I still don't get how they got that lipsync so perfect.

whiterabbit

Quote from: SM on May 15, 2017, 05:56:37 AM
This and the Newborn are some of the best special effects ever committed to film.  Had no idea how they did Bishop when I first saw Alien3.  Thought it might have been some sort of makeup job on Lance Henriksen- except part of his head was missing.  Even when I read how it was done, I still don't get how they got that lipsync so perfect.
The reason I think it worked so well was the fact that he was damaged and we knew he was an artificial person. So any minor imperfections wouldn't be noticeable. It was damn good but I think the context of the scene helped out.

The newborn... that's the ugliest bit of perfection ever committed to film.

NetworkATTH

Pretty neat. I really want to see the first take on it, since this was a reshoot. The English crew called it "Bosh-Up" because it was awful. I forgot if it was ADI or someone else who built it, but everyone hated it except Sigourney, because she thought the way it moved was how a malfunctioning android moved. It was ripping the latex skin off as it talked and was generally gnarly looking and didn't talk in sync.

This version is ultimately better but I'm curious what the first take was, from whomever built it.

SM

SM

Pretty sure the original crap one was ADI as well.  They learned well from their mistakes.

Corporal Hicks

I just love this sequence and this effect so much. They did such a fantastic job making it work.

Quote from: NetworkATTH on May 16, 2017, 05:10:58 PM
It was ripping the latex skin off as it talked and was generally gnarly looking and didn't talk in sync.

I'd have loved to have seen that in action.

Mr. Clemens

Still my favourite animatronic in any film, ever. Masterful... heartbreaking, even!

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: SM on May 15, 2017, 05:56:37 AM

Exactly! ;D I felt the same way. They pulled this off so well. Though Lance had a smaller role in Alien 3, he rocked it with flying colors!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed