Future Fate of (Current) EU ?

Started by gantarat, May 13, 2017, 05:52:41 AM

Author
Future Fate of (Current) EU ? (Read 6,332 times)

gantarat

gantarat

Pretty much story in Android: Convenant make impact to (Current) EU book and maybe future book that DH/Titan plan to make.

EJA

EJA

If we accept Covenant, we have to disregard....well, just about everything really, as none of it can fit anymore.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: EJA on May 14, 2017, 12:00:38 PM
If we accept Covenant, we have to disregard....well, just about everything really, as none of it can fit anymore.

I fail to see how anything is negated at this point.

EJA

EJA

Quote from: Russ840 on May 14, 2017, 06:12:36 PM

I fail to see how anything is negated at this point.

Aliens having a long history is.

Russ840

Russ840

So when has that they have not been around for a long time been stated ?

gantarat

gantarat

can somesome tweet/talk Dan Abnett abou this ?
https://twitter.com/vincentabnett

EJA

EJA

Quote from: Russ840 on May 14, 2017, 08:54:47 PM
So when has that they have not been around for a long time been stated ?

Spoiler
David creating the first Xenomorph in Covenant, which is set in 2104.
[close]

KikReask

KikReask

That includes the first Alien film, because if that indeed was the first Xenomorph ever in Covenant, what's up with that Engineer ship with a fossilized Engineer who died from a Chestburster? I don't think Covenant really discounts anything, David created those Xenomorphs yes but he wasn't the creator of the species, the Engineers still created them despite what Scott says. David simply came to the same conclusion that they did that through some experimentation that the black goo can eventually create the Xenomorphs. At least that's how I rework it. Although I'm still wondering how David was able to get the Xenomorph eggs out of experimenting with insects.

Kurai

Kurai

QuoteAlthough I'm still wondering how David was able to get the Xenomorph eggs out of experimenting with insects.
Whoa, whoa, whoa... The Bugs ARE bugs?! :O

The Alien Predator

Quote from: KikReask on May 15, 2017, 04:45:38 PM

That includes the first Alien film, because if that indeed was the first Xenomorph ever in Covenant, what's up with that Engineer ship with a fossilized Engineer who died from a Chestburster? I don't think Covenant really discounts anything, David created those Xenomorphs yes but he wasn't the creator of the species, the Engineers still created them despite what Scott says. David simply came to the same conclusion that they did that through some experimentation that the black goo can eventually create the Xenomorphs. At least that's how I rework it. Although I'm still wondering how David was able to get the Xenomorph eggs out of experimenting with insects.

Maybe that's how the Engineers also got their Xenomorph eggs. Those
Spoiler
wasp insects from their homeworld.
[close]

KikReask

KikReask

Quote from: Kurai on May 15, 2017, 06:39:19 PMWhoa, whoa, whoa... The Bugs ARE bugs?! :O

Well to be fair those are some pretty big bug eggs that those smaller bugs laid.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: EJA on May 14, 2017, 12:00:38 PMIf we accept Covenant, we have to disregard....well, just about everything really, as none of it can fit anymore.

Wrong.

Considering everything pre-Out of the Shadows was already considered non-canon by Fox, the only things the new film potentially affects are the books Out of the Shadows and Sea of Sorrows, as they both deal with Aliens on LV-178. The other recent EU stories either deal with Aliens from LV-426 - which have to be there because that's where the original films pick them up from - or are set so far in the future it doesn't really matter if David first made the Alien.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 16, 2017, 09:44:29 AM
Considering everything pre-Out of the Shadows was already considered non-canon by Fox, the only things the new film potentially affects are the books Out of the Shadows and Sea of Sorrows, as they both deal with Aliens on LV-178.

Also the Rage Wars.

gantarat

gantarat

Didn't fire and stone show that predator was hunt alien very long time ?

EJA

EJA

Quote from: gantarat on May 16, 2017, 10:15:20 AM
Didn't fire and stone show that predator was hunt alien very long time ?

Yes, they did. As did The Rage Wars.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed