Ridley Scott Admits He Was “Wrong” About Prometheus & Talks About Future Alien F

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2017, 07:09:57 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Admits He Was “Wrong” About Prometheus & Talks About Future Alien F (Read 31,465 times)

Mustangjeff

What damn sites was Ridley reading to come to the conclusion that Prometheus needed more Xeno's?  It obviously wasn't this site.  In the grand scheme of things, this sites membership is a miniscule percentage of the movie going public.  Shrug..  Maybe Ridley is right..  Maybe the average movie goer who would see these films knows a little bit about the ALIEN series and just wants a simple monster movie.

I've been a fan since I saw the first film on VHS in the early 1980's, but after half a dozen films and probably close to 100 viewings..    I'm bored of Xeno's 

IMO, the trouble with Prometheus is that the Engineers feel like a tacked on afterthought.  Intelligence and power with malevolent intent is a lot more scary and unnerving to me than critters crawling through ducts.   Also too much time screwing around with old man Withers..  err Weyland..  It's a wasted opportunity because Prometheus could have been saved with a proper part 2 follow-up.

Nobody watches a movie like The Fellowship of the Ring as a stand alone story.  You need to see Two Towers and Return of the King to make it complete.  That is what I hoped for, but this feels more like a reboot.  Another robot slips a cog movie.

That Yellow Alien

How many people here have seen the movie yet? Seems like a lot of people are making hyperbolic statements before having seen it. See it for yourself and make up you own mind.

Predaker

Quote from: Mustangjeff on May 11, 2017, 03:45:50 AM
What damn sites was Ridley reading to come to the conclusion that Prometheus needed more Xeno's?

When Prometheus came out there were a lot of people wondering if it did have the alien in it, or where was the alien, etc. That's something he can pick up on and do differently. When it comes to criticism of the story or writing itself, you can get like 20 different answers from 10 people. So it seems at the end of the day Ridley will just go with the story he wants to tell.

gantarat

gantarat

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on May 11, 2017, 03:53:20 AM
How many people here have seen the movie yet? Seems like a lot of people are making hyperbolic statements before having seen it. See it for yourself and make up you own mind.

i seen it and very disappoint.

alien prequel pretty much is david story feat alien,engineer.

Huggs

Well, any film set in the aliens "universe" that doesn't feature aliens probably won't cut the biscuits, as it were. It's like making a movie set in the marvel universe but it's all about Stark's Dad and some struggle about his purpose in life. People go into a marvel movie, they wanna see Iron Man. DC, they wanna see Batman. The Mummy, anyone but Tom Cruise.  :) Space Philosophy is why we have movies like the Martian. But Prometheus was like a burger without the meat. Where's the beef man?

fiveways

Quote from: T Dog on May 10, 2017, 07:44:40 PM
The thing that is really missing from these movies and is so utterly disappointing is the lack of the Giger aesthetic.

I know I daydreamed many times of what the space jockey would look like, how it would move, a return to the inside of the ship with the black bones and pipes and organs in the walls. I dreamed about what their world would look like, their unintelligible architecture and technology. A world and civilisation where tge biology and machinery was a nightmarish blur.

Instead we get f**king Star Trek movies that are pretending to be Alien.

Unless you wanna see that movie done for under $40m you'll never get that movie.  It's not commercially viable enough and too abstract and weird for the general population.  Ridley might be powerful enough to get it made but it would be on sever budget restriction as they would see it as a limited market film. 

Huggs

"How many people here have seen the movie yet? Seems like a lot of people are making hyperbolic statements before having seen it. See it for yourself and make up you own mind."

I second gantarat. I've read the full plot summary, and I'm strongly leaning towards waiting for the Blu-ray release. And the marketing did spoil way too much, but I don't mind spoilers.

"How many people here have seen the movie yet? Seems like a lot of people are making hyperbolic statements before having seen it. See it for yourself and make up you own mind."

I second gantarat. I've read the full plot summary, and I'm strongly leaning towards waiting for the Blu-ray release. And the marketing did spoil way too much, but I don't mind spoilers.

windebieste

windebieste

I just got home from seeing it. 

It's Great! 

All these panic mongers, perfectionists and overly expectant going on about retcons and crap are full of bullshit.  They can all just f**k off.

The only thing being retconned is their precious head canon.

Go see it.

-Windebieste.

gantarat

Quote from: windebieste on May 11, 2017, 04:39:15 AM

It's Great! 

All these panic mongers, perfectionists and overly expectant going on about retcons and crap are full of bullshit.  They can all just f**k off.

Go see it.

-Windebieste.

yep retcon head canon that people believe than 30+ years.

Stargazer

Watched prometheus last night the first time I've done so in a few years. It really does have a great concept but the rushed edits and the 2hr running time dampens the narrative. But it wasnt as bad as I remembered.

Release an extended version since the original version woild have been 2hr and 35 minutes long. Dat alternate engineer fight was really effective.

Personally I hate it when directors and such panic due to negative reaction. If you have a vision, stick to it. Because he might have been responding to the wrong complaints.

ohhnoo

I just saw it. I didn't mind Prometheus. But this film is a big fat stinking turd. SOOOO bad I wanted to walk out.

The first 30min were great and then.......

Forget about not having xeno's and stuff. Just a really poor screenplay and lazy directing. Acting was really good for such a piece of shit.

I mean even the mythology he is coming up with is just weak. He's doing more harm than good.

I am lost for words how bad this is.

PierreVW

So,

He begins ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD in a few days.

Then, He begins THE CARTEL in January 2018.

I suppose, He begins ALIEN: COVENANT 2 in July 2018.

Bonsey

Fully agree prometheus was a movie apart from alien an is not the xenomorph story just a start to the trilogy that would explain were an who created them.... personally i think

markweatherill

I can imagine Ridley Scott admitting he was wrong about anything and going on to say, '...still got paid though.' :)

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

Quote from: windebieste on May 11, 2017, 04:39:15 AM

It's Great! 

Go see it.

-Windebieste.

Here here. I'll see it and stay true to my thoughts, though I suspect i'll be in your camp Windebieste because I've gotta say, some of the plot points I've read really don't upset me or phase me. It's nearly 40 years after the original man-in-a-suit movie, I'm just so glad it's still around and I for one, am glad about some of the elements Ridley is putting in.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed