Ridley Scott Admits He Was “Wrong” About Prometheus & Talks About Future Alien F

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2017, 07:09:57 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Admits He Was “Wrong” About Prometheus & Talks About Future Alien F (Read 31,574 times)

John Doe

Covenant it´s worst than Prometheus. Ridley doesn´t know what to do with the franchise. He is mixing thing so bad and he didn´t continue with the Engineers on Covenant. We want Engineers, we want Engineers creating Xenos, not David. We want the Engineers planet with H.R Giger designs..

I am loosing faith after seeing Covenant. Ridley destroyed the Engineers, destroyed Shaw (amazing character) and he is not using practical effects for the creatures.

Predaker

Quote from: John Doe on May 10, 2017, 11:57:05 PM
Covenant it´s worst than Prometheus. Ridley doesn´t know what to do with the franchise. He is mixing thing so bad and he didn´t continue with the Engineers on Covenant. We want Engineers, we want Engineers creating Xenos, not David. We want the Engineers planet with H.R Giger designs..

I am loosing faith after seeing Covenant. Ridley destroyed the Engineers, destroyed Shaw (amazing character) and he is not using practical effects for the creatures.

While the engineers didn't create the alien itself, they did play a big part in its creation. So there's that.

SuicideDoors

I can't stand Shaw. One man's dream is another man's nightmare.

John Doe

John Doe

By the way, i didn´t see this clip before going to press screening and now that i saw it.... it explains what i felt at cinema about the CGI Xeno :

That´s why the movie has a low budget than Prometheus. The production was rushed, like the CGI. Too many ideas but not much time to do it.

Whos_Nick

Production couldn't have been rushed, they spent 5 bloody years getting to this point lol.

Scorpio

They hammered out this script for years.  I understand why they did it.  It's more cinematic to have David create (or recreate) the Xenomorph.  The audience is not personally invested with the Engineers.  It's all for dramatic purposes.

Besides, they can include the Engineers planet/Xenomorph homeworld for future sequels.

John Doe

Quote from: Whos_Nick on May 11, 2017, 12:39:20 AM
Production couldn't have been rushed, they spent 5 bloody years getting to this point lol.

Read what FXS team told on the AVP interview. They didn´t have enought time for the Alien puppet and they kept for the next movie.

Ulfer

QuoteThe audience is not personally invested with the Engineers.
One of the point of Prometheus should have been to tend towards this result. It didn't really manage to do that. Some deleted scenes we can see could have helped : the interraction with the awoken Engineer for instance - but strangely the Engineer reacts agressively to Weyland's words even though he could not understand them, David having no time to do a translation ; the longer pursuit between Shaw and the Engineer, etc.

acidreign

I'm starting to question what the point of being a fan of this franchise is anymore. There's never going to be another movie that satisfies everyone. The direction the series is going in is just going to piss people off and kill everything. Scott is chasing his muse into a black hole.

Just skip Covenant. For your own mental health. Move on to another fandom. You'll be happier. There is only death and mourning here. Sure, we can watch the old movies and enjoy those, but soon the newer prequels will kill off anything you liked about them. In a year there will efffectively be no fandom left.

Some of us will stay, like the musicians playing on the Titanic, but eventually the sun will burn out and all life will cease. Perhaps some visitor from another world will stumble across the ashes of earth and find a skeleton holding a laptop. The visitors will wonder what this strange creature was doing, and speculation will run wildly. Decades after returning to their homeworld, a holographic adventure film inspired by this discovery is made, and it will be rather sensationalized. In this movie, the human skeleton with a laptop turns out to be a spacesuit. Inside is a creature that closely resembles the alien visitors.

The visitors who remember the original discovery are angry. They go home to their house-pods and furiously type away on their computers, not noticing the asteroid about to hit their planet.

Years later another civilization discovers the visitor's home planet. Exploring the ruins of a city they discover the remains of one of the visitors at their computer. "What was he doing? Is this a skeleton?" one of the Explorers says. The other Explorer pauses for a moment, then says "Nah, it's gotta be a suit of some kind."

Um...anyway, what was I talking about again?

Anthony

Quote from: acidreign on May 11, 2017, 12:52:11 AM
I'm starting to question what the point of being a fan of this franchise is anymore. There's never going to be another movie that satisfies everyone. The direction the series is going in is just going to piss people off and kill everything. Scott is chasing his muse into a black hole.

Just skip Covenant. For your own mental health. Move on to another fandom. You'll be happier. There is only death and mourning here. Sure, we can watch the old movies and enjoy those, but soon the newer prequels will kill off anything you liked about them. In a year there will efffectively be no fandom left.

Some of us will stay, like the musicians playing on the Titanic, but eventually the sun will burn out and all life will cease. Perhaps some visitor from another world will stumble across the ashes of earth and find a skeleton holding a laptop. The visitors will wonder what this strange creature was doing, and speculation will run wildly. Decades after returning to their homeworld, a holographic adventure film inspired by this discovery is made, and it will be rather sensationalized. In this movie, the human skeleton with a laptop turns out to be a spacesuit. Inside is a creature that closely resembles the alien visitors.

The visitors who remember the original discovery are angry. They go home to their house-pods and furiously type away on their computers, not noticing the asteroid about to hit their planet.

Years later another civilization discovers the visitor's home planet. Exploring the ruins of a city they discover the remains of one of the visitors at their computer. "What was he doing? Is this a skeleton?" one of the Explorers says. The other Explorer pauses for a moment, then says "Nah, it's gotta be a suit of some kind."

Um...anyway, what was I talking about again?

.....okay then.

KiramidHead

This confirms what I was worried about, that he learned the wrong lessons from Prometheus. Now if only Ridley would admit that The Counselor and Exodus were mistakes. :laugh:

D88M

he is wrong, he should not apologize just because some people did not understood his movie, Prometheus is good, it only needs better editing and the deleted scenes back in, this is stupid, negating his movie because of negative backslash

Sen

Prometheus was a terrible movie with lazy writing that relied on supposedly intelligent characters behaving unintelligently to advance the plot.  The negative backlash was well deserved.

RSav

Blomkamp's Alien 5 got people excited in a way that Covenant hasn't... but Ridley's ego won't let any of the other kids play in his sandbox.

I'd much rather he stepped back and let others expand on the universe again.  I'd certainly rather see Alien 5 than yet another Prometheus misstep.

Huggs

I think Prometheus was hurt most by the poor..whoops, I mean BAD script. Now, I can absolutely respect any person wanting to honestly create something as they see fit, whether it be music, movies, etc. If it was the movie he wanted it to be, and he is satisfied with it, then so be it. But if we're being totally honest here, I would love to hear him say "we hired the wrong guy to write this thing, and it backfired majorly". In this particular universe (Alien) you have a horrific monster hunting people. The simplicity is the most beautiful part of it. The only mysteries were the space jockey and how Wey-Yu knew about the crash.

But with Prometheus, (in my sole and personal opinion) it felt like Damon was knowingly trying to input as much philosophical white noise and unanswered questions as possible to confuse people into thinking it was some intricately written and deeply well thought out philosophical masterpiece. I'm one of those people that was blessed to experience the Alien universe at a young age, when I wasn't supposed to be watching stuff like that.  ;D When Prometheus came along and made the space jockey into some Humanoid Darwin, it took away a huge piece of the magic from the original film for me. Space is a dark void, and darkness belongs to the monsters.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed