Could have been better. (2/5)
60 (13.1%)
Didn't like it. (1/5)
32 (7%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (6.6%)

Total Members Voted: 455

Author
Alien Covenant Fan Reviews (Read 274,161 times)

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 05, 2017, 05:31:29 PM
There's also the magical instantaneous implantation.

I literally had to ask my son, "where'd that second alien come from, anyway?" (I didn't recognize the corpse in the medlab).  :P

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 05, 2017, 05:31:29 PM
The Chestburster suddenly looking a midget instead of a snake for one. Utterly pointless change.

There's also the magical instantaneous implantation.

There is at least some precedent for it considering the bambi burster in alien3.

I chalk the instantaneous implantation up to David's tinkering with this version of the creature, improving on certain areas of the lifecycle. But thats just a fan theorizing. I know its unpopular to believe that david may not have been the only one to come up with the alien.

SM

SM

Is it?

I figured after so many people still claiming that the Jockies aren't really bald dudes in suits, many would be claiming that David created something the Engineers already created previously.

Primordial

Primordial

Quote from: juxtapose on Jun 04, 2017, 12:00:11 PM
Quote from: stroggificated on Jun 04, 2017, 11:53:13 AM
For a fanpage this is a bad poll result for the movie.
. .the top 3 are generally positive and thats like 77 percent. .really not bad all considered. .
Yes, bad is probably not the most appropriate term. I think he probably wanted to elaborate on that (?):
Alien Covenant : AVPG 6.82 IMDb 6.8
Prometheus : AVPG 7.31   IMDb 7.0 

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 05, 2017, 10:14:03 PMThere is at least some precedent for it considering the bambi burster in alien3.

Fair point, but different host creature. No Alien that's even come out of a human has ever been anything other than a snake. It felt like such an unnecessary change.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

All so David could have a Mini Me moment with it. :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

For what it's worth, I actually liked that. The scene was beautifully shot and scored. I just hated that they put a mini Alien in for no logical reason.

Hence my comment that if I wasn't a hardcore fan that actually cared about the franchise being coherent, I probably would've enjoyed the film a lot more.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 06, 2017, 08:55:14 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 05, 2017, 10:14:03 PMThere is at least some precedent for it considering the bambi burster in alien3.

Fair point, but different host creature. No Alien that's even come out of a human has ever been anything other than a snake. It felt like such an unnecessary change.

Except on ALIENS... The chestburster on that movie had fully functional arms... So, there is a precedent... However, the Alien whispering thing, both on the Xeno And the Neo, were too ridiculous for words... It made them far less scary, less menacing, etc... The chestburster on ALIENS was hissing at the soldiers the entire time and menacing... This was just... wrong...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Jun 06, 2017, 05:51:45 PMExcept on ALIENS... The chestburster on that movie had fully functional arms... So, there is a precedent...

It was still a slug. The Chestburster in the first film had stumpy little nubs where the arms were forming.

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Here's my review of the film:

http://nicksmovieinsights.blogspot.com/2017/06/alien-covenant-review.html

Loved the movie. Hates gonna hate.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 06, 2017, 06:08:06 PM
Quote from: YutaniDitch on Jun 06, 2017, 05:51:45 PMExcept on ALIENS... The chestburster on that movie had fully functional arms... So, there is a precedent...

It was still a slug. The Chestburster in the first film had stumpy little nubs where the arms were forming.

Isn't it also born like this in Covenant? From memory it's only as David sits watching it that it starts to grow limbs. I prefer the worm/grub/maggot thing myself so admittedly I'm cutting it some slack and putting it down to it's accelerated growth - established by the Neomorph back burster (ignoring the In Utero scene which - nice idea though it is -  is inconsistent with the film).

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 06, 2017, 06:08:06 PM

Yes... even though we did not see the ALIENS chestburster from the chest down, it was still somewhat consistent with the one on ALIEN... 

Alien³

Alien³

Considering there is no 2 alien films where the creatures look the same I'm not fussed by the way it looks.

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Quote from: Alien³ on Jun 06, 2017, 08:19:24 PM
Considering there is no 2 alien films where the creatures look the same I'm not fussed by the way it looks.

This.

Alionic

Alionic

Quote from: NickisSmart on Jun 06, 2017, 06:48:06 PM
Here's my review of the film:

http://nicksmovieinsights.blogspot.com/2017/06/alien-covenant-review.html

Loved the movie. Hates gonna hate.

This was a very interesting read. Thanks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed