Could have been better. (2/5)
60 (13.1%)
Didn't like it. (1/5)
32 (7%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (6.6%)

Total Members Voted: 456

Author
Alien Covenant Fan Reviews (Read 276,449 times)

SM

SM

Now that I think of it, they were all a bit dumb towards the end.  When Cole finds Rosey's body, none of them should be alone.  Sure, Cole and Lope join up, but then Cole goes downstairs looking for Oram - on his own.

Hide

Hide

Also, Rosey was acting like she was in the bathroom of her room. Cool as if she wasn't at another planet full of dead alien bodies but as if she was in a studio shooting a movie...

Oh, wait...

SM

SM

At that point they had every reason to believe they were relatively safe. The problems come later when people start dying.

Not unlike in Alien when Ripley says 'we have to stick together' then everyone goes off seperately in different directions...

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: SM on Sep 04, 2017, 04:19:30 AM
I don't think he was an idiot, however he was a bit dumb to go looking for Rosey on his own when she'd been gone for a while and obviously not contactable.

I don't think he's an idiot, either. I just thought he was inexperienced, which is why he doesn't think things through. He demonstrates his inexperience quite a lot - it's part of his character.

Hamster1066

Hamster1066

Quote from: PsyKore on Sep 09, 2017, 09:03:08 AM
Quote from: SM on Sep 04, 2017, 04:19:30 AM
I don't think he was an idiot, however he was a bit dumb to go looking for Rosey on his own when she'd been gone for a while and obviously not contactable.

I don't think he's an idiot, either. I just thought he was inexperienced, which is why he doesn't think things through. He demonstrates his inexperience quite a lot - it's part of his character.

True, he doesn't believe himself to be captain material, this is established right from the start. He's awkwardly trying to win people over and express authority quite poorly. It's not inconceivable that he would make poor judgement skills, learning on the job, unfortunately he's in a very unforgiving dilemma.

Alien³

Alien³

Watched it a couple of times on Blu-ray and love it more and more. It's a fantastic ride.

Looking back I love the design of Weyland's quarters aboard the Prometheus. With the opening of Covenant it really adds to that "home away from home" Weyland must have prepared for his return to the ship.

Taxemic

Taxemic

Quote from: Alien³ on Sep 21, 2017, 05:59:19 PM
Watched it a couple of times on Blu-ray and love it more and more. It's a fantastic ride.

Looking back I love the design of Weyland's quarters aboard the Prometheus. With the opening of Covenant it really adds to that "home away from home" Weyland must have prepared for his return to the ship.

I agree. The more I watch it the more I enjoy it.

P-Rock

P-Rock

I really like it, despite that the movie focuses mostly on David's crazy antics and not the engineers like we all expected. I really don't have a problem with it that David is supposedly the creator of the Alien species. Didn't care much that Shaw died either, because she was a very annoying character. The only thing that really bothered me was that they go all outside on this new planet without helmets, because it has an earth like atmosphere. Yeah, they might not be scientists like in Prometheus, but it's still dumb as hell. The fact that oram looks directly into an egg doesn't bother me, because he - unlike us - doesn't know anything about alien eggs. The speeded up impregnation and life cycle... oh well. The ending is grim: you can only wonder about what David will do with a spaceship full of colonists and especially Daniels. 8/10

SM

SM

The First Lady watched it on Saturday night.

Liked it overall, but didn't like Shaw being killed off, didn't really get David's motivations for killing her, and would've preferred seeing what happened with David and Shaw in between.

Interesting observation she made was that Planet 4 looked a lot like the planet from the start of Prometheus.

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

Quote from: SM on Nov 05, 2017, 11:56:56 PM

Liked it overall, but didn't like Shaw being killed off, didn't really get David's motivations for killing her, and would've preferred seeing what happened with David and Shaw in between.

Interesting observation she made was that Planet 4 looked a lot like the planet from the start of Prometheus.
Here's to the First Ladies: may their observations ever surprise us about our favorite things!  ;D

SM

SM

Indeed.  ;)

reecebomb

reecebomb

Drove over 100 miles through extreme weather to see Alien with my lady on the Alien day where they showed the sneak peek to Covenant. First saw the Covenant with my friends, beforehand i planned to go with my gf the second time, but that didn't happen. To make matters worse, my ex asked if it's worth a look. I advised her to skip it and see something else instead  ;D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: FenGiddel on Nov 06, 2017, 02:41:36 AM
Quote from: SM on Nov 05, 2017, 11:56:56 PM

Here's to the First Ladies: may their observations ever surprise us about our favorite things!  ;D

Interesting bit of trivia, the scene in the beginning of the film with David and Weyland shows a lake with mountains in the background. That exact same Icelandic lake can also be seen during Prometheus' opening sequence.

SM

SM

Yep

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 06, 2017, 04:37:16 PM
That exact same Icelandic lake can also be seen during Prometheus' opening sequence.
Nice catch!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed