BTS shots

Started by mancheetah, May 09, 2017, 01:38:49 AM

Author
BTS shots (Read 24,262 times)

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

Quote from: Captain Dallas at Thedus on May 09, 2017, 09:15:10 PM
They take the one compelling character-Shaw,keep the evil f**king robot I wish Vicker had yoked his cord,& we get doughy lego faced KW&Pineapple Express!!f**k THIS MOVIE NOW&FOREVER!!!Whoever's behind this has screwed the pooch!!!!!!Some people don't when to stop....

they should have done this to somebody else than Shaw. what the fuzz man.

Why not have waterston instead? ah , because she's supposed to be this movies 'ripley' offcourse. cheap shot, really.
but why on earth not add some other character, that has been through less? some 'replaceable' female character that runs into david. yeah, too short of time.

but then how about the covenant finding the distress signal from somebody else, and that david has sent a signal to earth to send someone before, and that happened just moments before covenant's trip so they don't know much about that but simply recieve a distress signal.

you could have divert it just as much, and save Shaw for some other role, where she can get a little redemption. It doesn't need to be 'deeply sad' to work. It also would have opened for an interesting additional movie for the ship that went to david's message to send meat before.

david's a real bad, evil motherf****er. very dark sh*t.

then again, we can't say Shaw doesn't want this for herself for whatever reason or reasoning happenening during the time spent there.
on the other hand then, we aren't guaranteed something bad doesn't happen to shaw. does SHE get infected accidentally - her own fault?
does she get facehugged? why did the juggernaut crash, and what happened to her?

did she get gravely wounded? was she undoubtedly going to die, but did david know or tell her he can 'save her' 'at a cost' ? did he administer the stuff to save her thus?

she looks rather dead on that HBO bookpage, and then we see the prop/head with the stuff aside the heads just like the amazing concept art, so i'll assume that's later? though imho what i find odd is that the hbo page picture looks like she's missing her lower jaw, and theres something weird there, so i find it odd that the prop then has a complete jaw whilst looking more advanced and 'further developed' ?

either way she's scr*wed. here's hoping they'll have a way to bring it in an acceptable, satisfying way.
i don't want this sadeness on this great character.

if david does it delibaretly because he's evil, then he's reaaaaaly a b*stard thinking about looking at the prologue piece.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

He butchered her, dude. That's all.

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

OK Guys I just got back from seeing the film and viewed these pics now - so it's really fresh in my mind.

Regarding Shaw:

Spoiler
I am 99% certain what we see in the film is different, her head looks almost normal and she has all her big red hair, her torso though is completely open. Put it this way when I saw the image in this post I was like, why didn't they use that prop in the movie.  She also 100% had her eyes closed, because I remember thinking she might be alive and open them - which would have been an amazing scene
[close]

markweatherill

markweatherill

Quote from: Huggs on May 09, 2017, 07:19:09 PM
He's gonna go nuts if there's viable embryos on the covenant.

One review I read hinted at something along these lines...

Quote from: MaxCoool on May 09, 2017, 08:09:29 PM
dark comedy and self-parody

BETTER NOT BE. Someone please!

Janus

Janus

Quote from: Xenoscream on May 10, 2017, 04:19:01 PM
OK Guys I just got back from seeing the film and viewed these pics now - so it's really fresh in my mind.

Regarding Shaw:

Spoiler
I am 99% certain what we see in the film is different, her head looks almost normal and she has all her big red hair, her torso though is completely open. Put it this way when I saw the image in this post I was like, why didn't they use that prop in the movie.  She also 100% had her eyes closed, because I remember thinking she might be alive and open them - which would have been an amazing scene
[close]

thank you for support! Well, guys, who's the troll here?

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Just wanted to add something to this thread regarding Shaw from Alien Covenant, based on what I recall seeing:

Spoiler
While much of the first description given is mostly correct, from what I remember Shaw DOES have something attached to the sides of her head and neck. Like bones but oddly shaped, very different from humans, but nothing boimechanical. It's not the same as in the leaked picture, Shaw has more hair, her eyes were definitely closed and she was dead, plus it also looked like she is lying on a headrest of bones and possibly flesh, which may or may not be attached to her, but I couldn't tell. Then the camera then pans down to reveal her torso that's been pulled wide open as also mentioned earlier. Also, the drop shot with the alien climbing down a wall towards its next victim, with someone lying on a slab nearby and chest pulled wide open, this is Shaw as well and not an Engineer as some have thought.
Spoiler
[close]
[close]

bacchus

bacchus

From watching the film, all I remember of Shaw is..
Spoiler
Walter finding her body on the table, with her chest/abdomen wide open. I don't remember anything attached to her head, but her head/face was intact. Clearly dead.

The only other time we see her, was a drawing of her in a similar state in one of David's sketches that Daniels finds.
[close]

cucuchu

cucuchu

Quote from: markweatherill on May 10, 2017, 04:25:07 PM

Can anyone confirm this movie is not a self parody? Really concerned with what someone said about the tone being like alien resurrection and bordering comedic.

SiL

SiL

It's not at all.

bacchus

bacchus

Quote from: cucuchu on May 12, 2017, 02:17:14 AM
Quote from: markweatherill on May 10, 2017, 04:25:07 PM

Can anyone confirm this movie is not a self parody? Really concerned with what someone said about the tone being like alien resurrection and bordering comedic.

Having seen it a few hours ago, I can see the point they are making. It's certainly not an intentional parody, but there are probably one too many scenes/tropes that have been used in at least three other films in the franchise.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed