Alien Covenant Review Roundup

Started by Darkness, May 07, 2017, 03:38:05 AM

Author
Alien Covenant Review Roundup (Read 119,943 times)

Paranoid Android

I love the direction this thread took: People using the internet to post their opinion about how people shouldn't post their opinions on the internet.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 26, 2017, 02:27:05 PM
No worse than that time I hired a rental car in America and discovered the pumps at the fuel stations are black for diesel and green for petrol. i.e. The exact opposite of the UK. Same colours, other way around. Because confusing those wouldn't be bad for the car.

The fact that they drive on the wrong side of the road should already have given you pause.

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Sep 26, 2017, 04:13:12 PM
I love the direction this thread took: People using the internet to post their opinion about how people shouldn't post their opinions on the internet.
I'm not sure anyone is challenging the right to voice an opinion. However, having an opinion, and publishing it on-line, doesn't automatically make it immune to critique when others disagree. It obviously works both ways.

Paranoid Android

Quote from: Darth Vile on Sep 26, 2017, 08:55:47 PM
Quote from: Paranoid Android on Sep 26, 2017, 04:13:12 PM
I'm not sure anyone is challenging the right to voice an opinion.

Quote from: Darth Vile on Sep 23, 2017, 08:27:32 AM
The thing you have to ask yourself is what kind of human sputum would upload their diatribes to youtube in the first place? Regardless of wether opinions align at some point, pretty much all the bloggers I've ever seen are so self absorbed in trying to justify their existence, that any intellectual/logical critique is secondary to the urge to show their face and talk to camera. They like believing they are the stars of their own show.

::)

Hemi

Hemi

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 26, 2017, 11:27:05 AM
Quote from: Hemi on Sep 26, 2017, 11:02:05 AMWhy people even post these in replies is beyond me. I NEVER clicked on one EVER.

So just because it's something you don't like, they are of no value whatsoever...

Sure.

Again, why people even post these in replies is beyond me.<--

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 26, 2017, 02:27:05 PM
No worse than that time I hired a rental car in America and discovered the pumps at the fuel stations are black for diesel and green for petrol. i.e. The exact opposite of the UK. Same colours, other way around. Because confusing those wouldn't be bad for the car.

Mainland EU also Black for diesel and green for petrol. :-)

UK is the land of weirdo's...that's all... ;-)

SM

SM

You drive on the right side.

We drive on the correct side.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Hemi on Sep 27, 2017, 11:09:38 AMMainland EU also Black for diesel and green for petrol. :-)

I know, I've driven in Europe several times and it's exactly the same as in the UK.

It's America where it's the opposite way around.

EDIT: Lol, just realised I mis-typed in my first post. It's green for diesel in the US and black for petrol. It's f*cking confusing even without being there!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darth Vile on Sep 23, 2017, 08:27:32 AM
Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 17, 2017, 12:01:35 PM
Getting a bit tired of youtube reviewers who bash anything that isn't 'Aliens'.
The thing you have to ask yourself is what kind of human sputum would upload their diatribes to youtube in the first place? Regardless of wether opinions align at some point, pretty much all the bloggers I've ever seen are so self absorbed in trying to justify their existence, that any intellectual/logical critique is secondary to the urge to show their face and talk to camera. They like believing they are the stars of their own show.

First thing, chill out with the derogatory comments. Second, it's not different to forums or Facebook or etc. There are people whose thoughts maybe valued and people whose are not. It's just a different avenue.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 27, 2017, 12:02:19 PM
It's green for diesel in the US and black for petrol. It's f*cking confusing even without being there!

*gas  :P

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Oh, bollocks to you :laugh:

I ain't no damn Yankee!

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

For those interested, Covenant now holds the prestige of being one of only a few films to have lost its Rotten Tomatoes seal of approval. It's plummeted to the 60's. I hope Fox takes note; I know it's not rocket science but the film did below average at the box office because the response was average. 

genocyber

genocyber

-So tell us Ridley, what is this new Alien film about?
>It's going to be great. It will have David quoting poetry, David playing the flute, David creating the xenomorphs, David impersonating another android, and of course David wins at the end.
-But it's an Alien movie, shouldn't it have aliens in it?
>Shit, you're right. i guess we will have to put in a scene or two in the last half hour of the film

Paranoid Android

Film critics are starting to sum up their best/worst of the year lists. Alien: Covenant made it into two lists already:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyvE7PBwyxs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noE8frxkEV8

D88M

D88M

nah is way too competently made to be considered one of the worst of the year, and too serious flaws to consider it one of the best, is more like a big MEH

Space7Horror

Space7Horror

It is definitely not one of the worst movies of the year, it has flaws but is no where near the worst. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed