Alien Covenant Review Roundup

Started by Darkness, May 07, 2017, 03:38:05 AM

Author
Alien Covenant Review Roundup (Read 121,341 times)

Rudiger

Rudiger

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Aug 17, 2017, 12:37:53 PM
Agreed, its not about whether I share the view or not, they just aren't very good at the 'reviewing' bit. Plus they ain't great at comedy most of the time either.

Not very smart either  ;)

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

Quote from: Rudiger on Aug 17, 2017, 12:46:00 PM
Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Aug 17, 2017, 12:37:53 PM
Agreed, its not about whether I share the view or not, they just aren't very good at the 'reviewing' bit. Plus they ain't great at comedy most of the time either.

Not very smart either  ;)

:laugh:

Alionic

Alionic

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 17, 2017, 12:01:35 PM
Getting a bit tired of youtube reviewers who bash anything that isn't 'Aliens'.

An understatement.

SM

SM

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Aug 17, 2017, 12:45:06 PM
Quote from: SM on Aug 17, 2017, 12:42:52 PM
There is a place for film criticism, but no one ever built a statue of a critic.

Somehow I knew there would be a statue of him somewhere... :laugh:

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 17, 2017, 12:01:35 PM
Getting a bit tired of youtube reviewers who bash anything that isn't 'Aliens'.
The thing you have to ask yourself is what kind of human sputum would upload their diatribes to youtube in the first place? Regardless of wether opinions align at some point, pretty much all the bloggers I've ever seen are so self absorbed in trying to justify their existence, that any intellectual/logical critique is secondary to the urge to show their face and talk to camera. They like believing they are the stars of their own show.

SM

SM

But they are.

They're no different to any other sort of film review - it's just able to be created by anyone and not just someone who writes for a paper or has their own movie show.

'Human sputum' is some champagne hyperbole though - you should create your own Youtube videos.

Alien³

Alien³

I create my own youtube videos and have a lot of fun doing so.

Never been called sputum before. :D

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: SM on Sep 23, 2017, 08:47:22 AM
But they are.

They're no different to any other sort of film review - it's just able to be created by anyone and not just someone who writes for a paper or has their own movie show.

'Human sputum' is some champagne hyperbole though - you should create your own Youtube videos.
The difference, I suppose, is the difference between say a pilot earning their living flying an aircraft, and someone who sits on a chair in their bedroom, wearing goggles, and shouting 'whoosh' at their reflection in a mirror.

SM

SM

I woulda the difference is years of training versus a camera and internet connection and an opinion.

The main issue here is 'people are saying things I don't agree with!!!!!'

Hemi

Hemi

Maybe they believe they can change the world or something. Maybe they think that the producers are watching.  Maybe they think they can be a star and earn lots of money making these vids.

Pleb-magnets. That's all they are. Giant PLEB-MAGNETS!

Why people even post these in replies is beyond me. I NEVER clicked on one EVER. Those people remind me of Tim:

What ripley said... x 1.000

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Hemi on Sep 26, 2017, 11:02:05 AMWhy people even post these in replies is beyond me. I NEVER clicked on one EVER.

So just because it's something you don't like, they are of no value whatsoever...

Sure.

SM

SM

Quote from: Hemi on Sep 26, 2017, 11:02:05 AM
Maybe they believe they can change the world or something. Maybe they think that the producers are watching.  Maybe they think they can be a star and earn lots of money making these vids.

Pleb-magnets. That's all they are. Giant PLEB-MAGNETS!

Why people even post these in replies is beyond me. I NEVER clicked on one EVER. Those people remind me of Tim:

http://www.mostimpressive.nl/watch.jpg

What ripley said... x 1.000

Times 1?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Europeans use dots for commas in long numbers and commas for decimal points.

And yes, I know the UK is technically Europe, but I mean mainland Europe :P

SM

SM

That's not at all confusing.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

No worse than that time I hired a rental car in America and discovered the pumps at the fuel stations are black for diesel and green for petrol. i.e. The exact opposite of the UK. Same colours, other way around. Because confusing those wouldn't be bad for the car.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed