I have a theory...

Started by Ragonk_Force, May 04, 2017, 04:19:37 AM

Author
I have a theory... (Read 797 times)

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Ive been watching Prometheus to ramp up for Alien Covenant an idea came to me (forgive me if this has been thorized already, i havent ready every thread) watching it again after reading theories about rivaling factions of engineers, something occured to me. So shaw and dickhead halloway found all these cave paintings with a map to lv223 right? Lv223 is not their home world, but a millitary installation that the black goo is created. Why would the engineers direct them to their military instalation... Unless, say the creator, or good engineers are sending humans a warning that this planet they are pointing to is gearing up to take them out, go there and stop it.. It makes sense to me and lends to the theory that there are indeed creators and destroyers.

SM

SM

I prefer the idea floated by former member Eva, that one single Engineer - the titular Prometheus - sabotaged the Engineers plans on his own, and gifted the location of LV-223 to humanity.  He survived the outbreak circa 100CE and visited the Mayans and Hawaiins at later dates.

Not that I think what happened on LV-223 will ever be addressed in detail.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: SM on May 04, 2017, 04:24:47 AM
I prefer the idea floated by former member Eva, that one single Engineer - the titular Prometheus - sabotaged the Engineers plans on his own, and gifted the location of LV-223 to humanity.  He survived the outbreak circa 100CE and visited the Mayans and Hawaiins at later dates.

That's a very interesting theory.

bb-15

bb-15

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on May 04, 2017, 04:19:37 AM
Ive been watching Prometheus to ramp up for Alien Covenant an idea came to me (forgive me if this has been thorized already, i havent ready every thread) watching it again after reading theories about rivaling factions of engineers, something occured to me. So shaw and dickhead halloway found all these cave paintings with a map to lv223 right? Lv223 is not their home world, but a millitary installation that the black goo is created. Why would the engineers direct them to their military instalation... Unless, say the creator, or good engineers are sending humans a warning that this planet they are pointing to is gearing up to take them out, go there and stop it.. It makes sense to me and lends to the theory that there are indeed creators and destroyers.

I enjoy these kinds of film theories about the factions of Engineers.
This connects to an idea that Ridley Scott has had about the Alien franchise for years.
That the Space Jockeys/Engineers are fighters who have been involved with wars.

QuoteRidley Scott in his director's commentary for the first Alien DVD, is that the Engineer ship in Alien was a "bomber" and that they used them as biogenic weapons to fight an ancient war against an unknown foe.
http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Engineer

But the thing about Ridley is that for every piece of information he gives, he leaves more questions unanswered.
It is in his nature to keep many things mysterious about the background of "Alien" and "Prometheus".
I can't explain everything which is going on with the Engineers, their factions, battles, and motives.
I know some things but not all the details. 

;)

Stanley

Stanley

Slight variation.

But I thought it could have been an invitation...to what would turn out to be a test. 

Pass or Fail assuming the Engineers did not already wipe out a civilization. 

If you pass, you get to survive and move upwards.

If you fail they kill off the the visitors to LV223 and then squash their planet. 

But...what was the criteria?

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: Stanley on May 04, 2017, 05:47:00 PM
Slight variation.

But I thought it could have been an invitation...to what would turn out to be a test. 

If you fail they kill off the the visitors to LV223 and then squash their planet. 

Interesting. Almost to see if you are worthy to not be wiped out

bb-15

bb-15

Quote from: Stanley on May 04, 2017, 05:47:00 PM
Slight variation.

I have a variation on your variation. ;)

On earth the Engineers were presenting a test to humanity thousands of years ago.
If humans cooperated, they survive.
If humans rebelled, they would be wiped out by the "gods" who live in the stars (in the pattern which is repeatedly painted, carved, written by different groups).
Somehow the humans on earth failed the test.

But I don't know the criteria.
Ridley increasingly decided to make the motives of the Engineers in the script more vague.

- What's left in the movie is that it does not seem to matter what the Engineer's motives were (according to David).
The Engineers wanted to create life on earth and then for some reason which we cannot understand or which would be trivial to us (having life on earth be an experiment) the Engineers decided to wipe out humanity.

;)

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: SM on May 04, 2017, 04:24:47 AM

Do you think he was at it 35 000 years ago and was responsible for the isle of Skye cave painting? hmmm. Interesting. LOL . Very determined fellow.

I really like this theory.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed