Luke Scott Directing ALIEN: AWAKENING ?!

Started by PierreVW, Apr 28, 2017, 01:06:11 AM

Author
Luke Scott Directing ALIEN: AWAKENING ?! (Read 1,649 times)

PierreVW

Luke Scott(the son of Sir Ridley Scott) directed 5 or 6 short films about PROMETHEUS(3D) and ALIEN: COVENANT(3D).

Now, the rumour is that Luke Scott is going to Direct ALIEN: AWAKENING.

Good news? Bad news?.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

The rumor? AKA something you made up in your mind.

Since (IMDB) shut down, you have nowhere else to spread your (inanity), but this isn't IMDB and it's not welcome, in 3D or otherwise.

hfeldhaus

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Apr 28, 2017, 04:59:36 AM
The rumor? AKA something you made up in your mind.

Since (IMDB) shut down, you have nowhere else to spread your (inanity), but this isn't IMDB and it's not welcome, in 3D or otherwise.

😂

PierreVW

It was a theory but it could happen.

Because Luke Scott directed 5 or 6 short films about PROMETHEUS(3D) and ALIEN: COVENANT(3D). He already has the connections.

SpeedyMaxx

There is no evidence of it happening and therefore zero reason for this post to exist.

Ingwar

It will NEVER happen. Not a chance.

Local Trouble

Quote from: PierreVW on Apr 29, 2017, 09:24:14 PM

Because Luke Scott directed 5 or 6 short films about PROMETHEUS(3D) and ALIEN: COVENANT(3D). He already has the connections.

Meaningless if the studio execs don't back it.

St_Eddie

If it's your own theory, then why did you claim it was a "rumour" (i.e. that you'd heard you through the grapevine or via reading articles accessed through reliable movie news sites)?

Bad Replicant

Quote from: PierreVW on Apr 28, 2017, 01:06:11 AM
Luke Scott(the son of Sir Ridley Scott) directed 5 or 6 short films about PROMETHEUS(3D) and ALIEN: COVENANT(3D).

Good news? Bad news?.

I think I'll go with load of crap?.

echobbase79

I wouldn't be surprised if Ridley gave his son a chance at directing a film...just not a Alien one. He needs to direct a few movies first. Has even directed a full length picture before?

SpeedyMaxx

iIRC Luke Scott did Morgan, which flopped.

That being said, there is no actual rumor about Luke Scott directing the next Alien film, which begs the question of why Pierre created the thread and claimed it was a rumor other than to just get attention.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Lol the connection can only go so far. He'll get to direct music videos and commercials under RSA, which Ridley Scott owns, but Fox owns Alien. Despite Ridley informally being the new franchise manager, Fox would not let anyone other than Scott direct the next two Alien movies. Ridley has three children who are directors, yet no one's ever heard of them or their work.

Ridley couldn't get Carl Rinsch attached to Untitled Alien Prequel. Demian Bichir noted the appeal of Covenant was that Ridley was directing, and likely wouldn't have signed on if he was just producing. The appeal is that Ridley is the ship's captain. Alien is their new Star Wars.

They're serious this time. The Martian was a mammoth success, and I'm so thankful that came along and pushed back Prometheus 2. Really gave Ridley some extra cachet.

Local Trouble

How about David Fincher?  ;D

Kurai

Quote from: PierreVW on Apr 28, 2017, 01:06:11 AM

Good news? Bad news?.

Why is the (3D) part attatched? I only ever saw Prometheus in 2D, including the viral marketing bits which I assume is what you meant by "Short Films". Were there special 3D only short films that I missed out on? Or do you mean he directed the trailer for the 3D specific versions of the movies? ???

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Apr 30, 2017, 02:21:02 AM

Lol the connection can only go so far. He'll get to direct music videos and commercials under RSA, which Ridley Scott owns, but Fox owns Alien. Despite Ridley informally being the new franchise manager, Fox would not let anyone other than Scott direct the next two Alien movies. Ridley has three children who are directors, yet no one's ever heard of them or their work.

Ridley couldn't get Carl Rinsch attached to Untitled Alien Prequel. Demian Bichir noted the appeal of Covenant was that Ridley was directing, and likely wouldn't have signed on if he was just producing. The appeal is that Ridley is the ship's captain. Alien is their new Star Wars.

They're serious this time. The Martian was a mammoth success, and I'm so thankful that came along and pushed back Prometheus 2. Really gave Ridley some extra cachet.

Which is funny, since Fox used to distribute the Star Wars films before Disney bought out Lucasfilm.

But yeah, Fox might have only gone forward with this if Ridley was directing. Even if Morgan was a hit, Luke probably would still be directing The Hunger next (which I have no clue if he's still doing).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed