Ridley Scott Says Alien 5 is Not Happening

Started by Stolen, Apr 27, 2017, 05:26:51 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Says Alien 5 is Not Happening (Read 59,046 times)

The Cruentus

Alien 3 is indeed underrated, no of course it is not best film and it did come after Cameron set the bar really high so it had some stacks against it already. My issue is with the magic egg, the whole double chromosomes which doesn't actually make sense. Of course the whole Hicks and NEWT thing was a slap in the face but it does add to the harsh reality on the universe. No plot armor to save anyone, even the heroes and main characters can be killed at any time.

Alien Runner

Sucks to hear that. I like Neil's vision and sci-fi style. Its gritty and raw.

Kimo

I don't care for Sigourney Weaver doing another Alien film cos i would rather see something new with new characters and a fresh alien story. However i would of been interested to of seen Blomkamp's visual representation of A5. One thing about Blomkamp he sure knows how to make films look like eye candy. It would of also of been nice to see Michael Biehn back on the big screen, in a big budget movie. I think Biehn needs another chance to shine, like he did in the 80's and 90's with his movie roles and not end up doing straight to video and lesser known stuff that he is known for today. He basically needs abit of luck that Mark Hamill recently had with another chance to shine with the Star Wars franchise. But other then that I'm not shocked to see A5 get canned. As people have already said i also think Blomkamp would be more suited in doing something like AVP.

Game_Over_Man

If the feedback from preview screenings is true, we could be see an excellent opening weekend between 60-70 million. Assuming the film exceeds the Prometheus box off and reaches around $500m - I have absolutely no doubt Alien Awakenings AND Alien 5 will go into production (even Scott can't supress this much longer, he doesn't own the intellectual property after all).

Hollywood fanchises are building there own better worlds in the form of "expanded universes" these days. The Alien property is one of Fox's most valuable - both in film and merchandising. It's here to stay this time round - look at the spin off material soon being released in novels and comic books alone. Covenant's release date was brought forward and is indicative of the studio's confidence in the film. I think we're on to a winner - I hope Fox will reconnect to the global love and sentimentality audiences have for RIPLEY, and bring her back somehow, giving her the satisfying conclusion to her story arc we all crave.

windebieste

She already had a satisfying conclusion.  What do you want?  Ripley in an old folk's home..? 

Bah. 

Ripley is history.   For a quarter Century, no less.  Deal with it already.

-Windebieste.

Game_Over_Man

The satisfying conclusion personally is an aged Ripley on the Alien homeworld, with a company already utilizing the Xeno as the bio-weapon they'd dreamt of, and Ripley destroying both company and Xeno in a final battle.

I'd like to see that. That would be the conclusion of the themes first set out in the original arc...

...and learn to discuss rather than being dismissive.

Blood Warrior

I thought this could be interesting.  It was nice to think Hicks might be back, instead of that off-screen death we got in Alien 3.

windebieste

You got my contribution to the discussion.  Don't like it?  Bad luck. 

I'm certainly not the kind of person to be told what I should and shouldn't do . So how about learning to live with a difference of opinion.    :P

-Windebieste..

Kurai

Quote from: Game_Over_Man on Apr 30, 2017, 11:59:18 AM
The satisfying conclusion personally is an aged Ripley on the Alien homeworld, with a company already utilizing the Xeno as the bio-weapon they'd dreamt of, and Ripley destroying both company and Xeno in a final battle.

I'd like to see that. That would be the conclusion of the themes first set out in the original arc...

Yeah, I'm along with the crowd who believes Ripley met the only real end possible for her considering the series.

Alien - Loses her crew...

Aliens - Loses her daughter and place in the world...

Alien 3 - Loses her surrogate family and her life...

Alien: Resurrection - Loses her humanity...

IMO, the series is one of loss in a dark unforgiving universe. Even Prometheus ends with Shaw having lost her boyfriend and the entire crew of the Prometheus.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Kimo on Apr 29, 2017, 11:52:42 AM
As people have already said i also think Blomkamp would be more suited in doing something like AVP.

Which he dislikes the concept of. It would be as unlikely as Scott doing one.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Game_Over_Man on Apr 30, 2017, 11:59:18 AM

Yes sir yes sir.

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Apr 30, 2017, 03:42:24 PM
Quote from: Kimo on Apr 29, 2017, 11:52:42 AM
As people have already said i also think Blomkamp would be more suited in doing something like AVP.

Which he dislikes the concept of. It would be as unlikely as Scott doing one.

Give Blomkamp another flop or two and he will welcome a shot at AVP. I frankly think it's the only subfranchise he is potentially really suited for, and he's just talented enough to actually class it up and make something half-decent of it. And for the record, I hate the AVP movies.

echobbase79

Maybe Blomkamp can come up with story that continues from Resurrection? One direction I think would be interesting to explore would be how Ripley 8 has been affected by the Alien dna? Has she morphed into an alien?

SpeedyMaxx

I really don't want Blomkamp touching either version of Ripley.

BishopShouldGo

Blomkamp won't do anything other than what he wants. No need to talk about him until Ridley's trilogy is done anyway. Maybe he'll gain some clout again during the intervening time. He needs a The Martian.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed