Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!)

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 26, 2017, 05:59:27 PM

The Alien Covenant Footage what did you think??

Awesome!!!
143 (94.1%)
Meh!!
9 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 152

Author
Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!) (Read 69,019 times)

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Infected on Apr 26, 2017, 06:35:19 PM
Gosh, again so many questions pop up.
But damn it looks good and damn it feels good to see them again and knowing the story moves on!!
Agreed. :)

fernandito

fernandito

Quote from: salomonj on Apr 26, 2017, 06:11:21 PMit will be in the movie
how do you know that?. This looks like a prologue to me that won't make it to the final cut

lv_226

You can tell Luke Scott directed this. His handling of the camera is nowhere near as good as Daddy Scott's.

kwisatz

Don't know about that. I mean from 4-5 camera settings? David starting the bombardment is 100% Ridley directing.

Enoch

Enoch

One thing to point again. Look how all those pseudo Engineers gather to welcome the Juggernaut... If it is just another of their own, why the great fuss? I think the hall of heads which is straight below the docking Juggernaut (Main platform) is the place of entrance, there this humanoids welcome their gods.

Robopadna

Quote from: oberonqa on Apr 26, 2017, 06:34:25 PM
Quote from: Robopadna on Apr 26, 2017, 06:31:49 PM
Quote from: oberonqa on Apr 26, 2017, 06:24:47 PM
At the very end after the footage, the announcer said Covenant will be released globally starting on May 12th.  Did I mishear that or did they just bump the US release up a week?  Time stamp on youtube is 1:49:18

She most likely misspoke.  It opens in the UK on 5/12 but 5/19 here in the US.

Thats kinda a big error to be messing up on her part.  Only time will tell, I suppose. May 12th is exactly one week before the 19th...

Well, it would always be one week before because they typically always release movies on Fridays (although now they tend to release them on late Thursday showings).

I don't honestly know if the terms globally vs world wide mean two different things when discussing movie releases.  Overall it would be too late to move the release date in the US up.  For months trailers have been displaying 5/19...  it won't move from that date.

Russ840

Anyone notice
Spoiler
the arms on the Engineer suits were really elongated. Like the Space Jockey arms in Alien.
[close]
?

rabidranger

This looks awesome IMO. David "learning their ways" must give him the justification to nuke them. Also, the scorpionaut does appear to be a docking station of sorts.

shawsbaby

The final few seconds were really unnerving with David arriving and opening the ship.

But yeah, I suspect this will not be in the film at all and we'll get very little of Shaw.

lv_226

Quote from: kwisatz on Apr 26, 2017, 06:39:32 PM
Don't know about that. I mean from 4-5 camera settings? David starting the bombardment is 100% Ridley directing.
Yes. The other shots, like the one where David is revealed to be alone doesn't strike me as Ridley-esque.

Pauli

kwisatz

kwisatz

I think the urns fall in that container with the hole underneath where the juggernaut is docking and from there they get sprayed all over the placa. The Scorpionaut is what it looks like: a weapon for mass destruction.

The urns are just like cartridges, that scorpion ship is the:

Robopadna

Robopadna

Quote from: shawsbaby on Apr 26, 2017, 06:46:32 PM
The final few seconds were really unnerving with David arriving and opening the ship.

But yeah, I suspect this will not be in the film at all and we'll get very little of Shaw.

I'd say without a doubt that every single thing from the ship coming out of space to the end are in the movie.  We have seen the shots before and the effects are far too finished and demanding to not be in the release.

QuoteI think the urns fall in that container with the hole underneath where the juggernaut is docking and from there they get sprayed all over the placa. The Scorpionaut is what it looks like: a weapon for mass destruction.

The urns are coming from the docked juggernaut that david is in.  The scorpion is the docking station.  It doesn't have any urns in it and it doesn't 'shoot' them either.  It's just a docking station.

shawsbaby

shawsbaby

Quote from: Robopadna on Apr 26, 2017, 06:51:05 PM
Quote from: shawsbaby on Apr 26, 2017, 06:46:32 PM

I'd say without a doubt that every single thing from the ship coming out of space to the end are in the movie.  We have seen the shots before and the effects are far too finished and demanding to not be in the release.

Agreed.

Also: "Look on my works, ye Mighty and despair!" is pretty chilling.

Pauli

The docking sequence will definitely be in the movie.You dont pay that level of attention and time on something that'll only be used in a 2minute short.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed