Alien Isolation 2 possibly in development at CA.....

Started by Adam802, Apr 25, 2017, 07:46:23 PM

Author
Alien Isolation 2 possibly in development at CA..... (Read 8,495 times)

Whos_Nick

Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 26, 2017, 08:43:36 PM
I was hoping they could come back and advance the series. Isolation was amazing but I don't want a repeat. I wish they'd do a real Aliens kind of thing: make the weaponry a burden, make the player dependent on each member of your team (in Aliens, Hudson's specialty seemed to be maps, unlocking doors, etc; other people were designated smartgunners, logistics etc. That could work well in a game.) If you watch Aliens you realise that without motion trackers the Marines had no chance at all. They would be sitting in Operations and the Aliens would just drop on them. Isolation had to make the Alien very loud: take that away. Imagine turning around to see the corridors being silently swarmed: firing your gun means you waste ammo, and might harm your team mates or the environment in harmful ways.

Resident Evil: Outbreak had some good ideas regarding this: building impediments and nailing shut doors.

Just riffing but I think C.A. can do Aliens justice. You can make an intelligent, tense, and scary FPS type game if you don't approach it purely as an FPS.

This is what they promised Colonial Marines would be early on  :(

The Cruentus

"
I was hoping they could come back and advance the series. Isolation was amazing but I don't want a repeat. I wish they'd do a real Aliens kind of thing

Aliens is already the most emulated part of the franchise in video games, most if not all AVP games have colonial marines and ridged aliens, so if you don't want a repeat, then don't wish that they should go back to a formula that is old and stale.... and at worst, was Aliens:Colonial Marines.  :P Alien Isolation is great for many reason, one of them being that it referenced the first film and not the second.  This is also why a sequel may not work, you don't want to retread A:I but it would be equally bad if not worse to retread the "Aliens" formula.

I agree that in a such a formula, having weapons being limited, ammo being limited and having to rely on a motion track that is not on the HUD or better yet, only held by one person in the squad would be brilliant. I just don't think we need more "Aliens" theme games yet.

JokersWarPig

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 02, 2017, 12:22:21 PM
you don't want to retread A:I but it would be equally bad if not worse to retread the "Aliens" formula.

I agree that in a such a formula, having weapons being limited, ammo being limited and having to rely on a motion track that is not on the HUD or better yet, only held by one person in the squad would be brilliant. I just don't think we need more "Aliens" theme games yet.

I disagree, I'm still waiting for an Aliens game that centers on the Colonial Marines with squad based game play like the old "The Thing" game but has the atmosphere of Dead Space/Dead Space 2. I think something like that would give new life to the video game part of the franchise.

Valaquen

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 02, 2017, 12:22:21 PM
"
I was hoping they could come back and advance the series. Isolation was amazing but I don't want a repeat. I wish they'd do a real Aliens kind of thing

Aliens is already the most emulated part of the franchise in video games, most if not all AVP games have colonial marines and ridged aliens, so if you don't want a repeat, then don't wish that they should go back to a formula that is old and stale.... and at worst, was Aliens:Colonial Marines.  :P Alien Isolation is great for many reason, one of them being that it referenced the first film and not the second.  This is also why a sequel may not work, you don't want to retread A:I but it would be equally bad if not worse to retread the "Aliens" formula.

When I say I don't want a repeat, I mean I don't want to see C:A repeat themselves. I mean, they could, but if they did I'd like to see them refine the old stuff and innovate with new stuff. I think they could do a stellar Aliens game; there hasn't been one, though there are, as you point out, about a hundred attempts out there.

Jarac

I'm still waiting on a solid Aliens game. A tactical, atmospheric horror game. Not run and gun style like how Colonial Marines turned out.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Sad news indeed... Best Alien game ever.

D. Compton Ambrose

Maybe we should have an Alien game based off the trilogy (not the PS1 version), as one game where the player fights to survive in a Survival/Horror environment as Ellen Ripley in her encounters with the creature throughout the trilogy, based on the story of the films (unlike the PS1 version).

Could be some epic f**king shit maen.

Corporal Hicks

I was hoping they would have re-released Alien Trilogy on the market place years ago.  :'(

Praetorian Guard

I want a REAL Aliens Colonial Marines!

klesk4ever

I wouldn't like the Alien Isolation sequel. And the only reason for that is that the A.I. story is just right, no need to water it down with sequels.

However this team has more then proven itself. They had made a masterpiece that is better than a lot of Alien sequels are.

Having said that I would love if this team was given opportunity to make more content. For instance, a game about what happened on Hadley's hope.

The sad truth is that Alien Colonial Marines sold more copies than it should have due  to the hype and pre-orders, and a lot of Alien fans got burned and didn't bought Alien Isolation because of that.

bacchus

I loved Alien Isolation, but I don't think CA could improve upon it. They nailed the atmosphere/tension.

Would actually prefer to see the same studio make a Jurassic Park game in the same style (first person, stealth, limited weaponry, hiding from raptors, using the flare to distract the T-Rex etc).

RipleysTrueSon

Quote from: Adam802 on Apr 25, 2017, 07:46:23 PM
http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/creative-assembly-rumored-development-alien-isolation-2/

I hope its true, I could actually see a sequel still getting made.

Now that Halo Wars 2 is out and at least moderately successful I would think this is a possibility. They aren't currently developing any console games to the public knowledge so this makes sense.

Specimen 24

I'd kill for a second Isolation game. Alien Isolation had some boring ass missions, but the atmosphere and feel of the game were ON POINT with what the first Alien movie taught us.

While it's depressing that the rumor is false... I would love to see another game that emulates what Isolation offered. Just with more meaningful and interesting missions.

motherfather

motherfather

Awww - that's a shame. It is the ONLY first person game I own - normally I don't like any video games that are any of the below...

- first person
- manga
- zombie
- football
- driving
- sports
- gta/mafia-ish

so I made a HUGE exception on getting alien isolation and probably would have purchased a follow up game, even if it was first person again, if it meant i'd be able to experience the alien universe one more time.

Alien Grand Master

To be honest, assuming there is still a lot of assets and hardware around, the ONLY thing that a sequel needs to add is Multiplayer.   Imagine a dedicated server hosting a large falling apart station, with like 64 player max, and 2 - 8 AI aliens running around.  The online community is the perfect place to replicate people going crazy on a space station lol.  All the team play, betrayal, trolling around and so forth.  Just don't water down the environment, keep it interactive, and so forth.  It would be like DayZ, but in a space station, and the Alien is a bigger threat than the players.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed