EMPIRE'S LIMITED EDITION ALIEN COVENANT VIRTUAL REALITY ISSUE!!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 25, 2017, 02:58:32 PM

Author
EMPIRE'S LIMITED EDITION ALIEN COVENANT VIRTUAL REALITY ISSUE!!! (Read 10,552 times)

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3UCIlcLBcc

QuoteArriving on Alien Day, 26 April (a nod to planet LV-426), we can proudly present the UK's first ever Virtual Reality magazine. Only 10,000 copies of the limited edition issue will be released, each containing a VR headset to be used with a smartphone.

The issue will unlock two exclusive pieces of mindblowing VR video content. The first, entitled Alien: Covenant In Utero, offers up a terrifyingly close-and-personal encounter with an alien Neomorph. If you've ever wanted to see the birth of an alien in 360 degrees, here's your chance. Plus, there's a second exclusive virtual reality in-world scene, not featured in the film.

The whole thing is packaged with exclusive artwork and the print edition of the world's biggest movie magazine – featuring an extensive on-set report from the film – included. The extremely special VR edition of Empire goes on sale Wednesday, priced £6.99, at selected Sainsbury's.

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/alien-covenant/empire-special-alien-covenant-virtual-reality-issue-revealed/

The full list of Sainsbury's stores stocking the special edition magazine can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_2AmaRl4g_lLwdMyx6t96l0TBoYUHwPn2-c9-kFfu6U/edit#gid=1341416685

Corporal Hicks

Looks like there's a store in the city I'm venturing out to watch the double bill that is stocking this. Hopefully they'll have some left in stock by the time I get there.

I could have sworn that I'd read somewhere Empire would be making some available to buy online but I can't remember where I read it.

Is anyone here planning on picking some up?

Citadel

So, you're getting a VR headset for £6.99? How does this all work exactly?

Predaker

Quote from: Citadel on Apr 25, 2017, 05:54:19 PM
So, you're getting a VR headset for £6.99? How does this all work exactly?

It's cardboard with lens that you slip your smartphone inside of.

SuicideDoors

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 25, 2017, 05:45:37 PM
Looks like there's a store in the city I'm venturing out to watch the double bill that is stocking this. Hopefully they'll have some left in stock by the time I get there.

I could have sworn that I'd read somewhere Empire would be making some available to buy online but I can't remember where I read it.

Is anyone here planning on picking some up?

I'm gonna go pick one up tomorrow morning!

Corporal Hicks

Fantastic! At least one of us will get this.  :)

SuicideDoors

So long as nobody beats me to the punch I'll take some pictures of it in the morning and upload them!

Ilikegriping

I think print edition subscribers can order them online. This is exclusive to them. They will have had an email already giving them instructions. The rest are we have to take our chances in our local Sainsbury's.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SuicideDoors on Apr 25, 2017, 07:08:14 PM
So long as nobody beats me to the punch I'll take some pictures of it in the morning and upload them!

Good man, thanks.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Happy Alien day everyone, Greetings from the UK, celebrating Alien Day over here as well as my Birthday on the same day.   :o

Shell

Shell

ok who wants to mail me one to the US?

Seems like it only works with a smartphone. (just guessing about it)

Pre-downloaded feature within it, and making a sound through the smartphone and receiving moving information form a sensor inside the phone.

SuicideDoors

Well, this has been a long morning. I managed to snag a copy from Sainsburys (there was dozens) and excitedly got home to get it set up. You have to download Snapchat to view the footage and that in itself took me half an hour as I didn't have a clue how to scan a code onto Snapchat lol. Ultimately, it's a decent little experience considering it's cardboard, it works like a proper VR experience albeit a bit grainy and archaic.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anything else in the way of exclusives. :( It says "2 mind blowing experiences" but as far as I know it's just "In Utero" :/

Think twice if you're gonna buy multiple copies! It's cool but I don't know how much collectors value it will have.

Corporal Hicks

No new stills or articles or anything like that?

On the brightside, that's a nice cheaper way for some folk to experience In Utero without buying a Rift. Hoping they'll have some copies left by the time I get there.

SiL

VR headsets are cheap if you don't need them to do anything. I got a nice sturdy one for Christmas that was all of $25 AUD. Even had a remote.

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 26, 2017, 08:58:13 AM
No new stills or articles or anything like that?

On the brightside, that's a nice cheaper way for some folk to experience In Utero without buying a Rift. Hoping they'll have some copies left by the time I get there.

No, nothing else. The magazine is exactly the same. And there is a "Clip 2" but it's the Last Supper clip unless I'm missing something but I'm positive I'm not.

It's decent though don't get me wrong, I'm sure you wont have a problem picking one up either, my Sainsburys is pretty small but they were well stocked up :) musta had 10 copies.

I just watched In Utero again and it's so decent if you completely turn your head around so you're back to front, can see the Neomorph's spikey back and tail flailing about :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed