Alien Covenant In Utero "A Virtual Reality Experience" Coming April 26th!!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 24, 2017, 01:35:14 PM

Author
Alien Covenant In Utero "A Virtual Reality Experience" Coming April 26th!!! (Read 12,711 times)

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBTGCNx0144

QuoteThe Alien franchise heads into the virtual reality arena for the first time.

If you thought Alien: Isolation was scary, then we've got a good feeling you're going to be shitting bricks while playing the upcoming VR game Alien: Covenant in Utero. The virtual reality experience, arriving on Oculus on April 26th, paves the way for Ridley Scott's upcoming Alien: Covenant by literally putting you inside the womb while a baby Neomorph is born.

Alien: Covenant in Utero is...

A 360-degree virtual reality journey into a living nightmare that offers a terrifyingly close and personal encounter with an alien neomorph at the time of its birth. Fans will be able to experience the world around them, reliving the very first memories of the neomorph in an immersive environment.

The VR experience was produced by Ridley Scott and directed by David Karlak, in partnership with FoxNext VR Studio, RSA VR, MPC VR, and partners AMD RADEON and Dell Inspiron.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3433715/experience-birth-neomorph-vr-game-alien-covenant-utero/

fiveways

If I had any photoshop skills I'd currently be editing in a incubating chestburster and taking out the original logo for the ALIEN font.

Pvt. Himmel

Anyone get to see this let us know how it is.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: fiveways on Apr 24, 2017, 01:46:49 PM
If I had any photoshop skills I'd currently be editing in a incubating chestburster and taking out the original logo for the ALIEN font.

MattFiler

Disappointing news. Was at least hoping for Vive support, let alone a "game" that seems to be a glorified 360 degree video.

Fox, listen to the fans and give us VR support for Alien: Isolation.

bobcunk

Is there anyway to convert isolation to vr on the pc? youd just have to douple the screen and have a slightly differnt angle to each, i would thing that there is some convertor program buy now.

Xenomorphine

VR is still way too far out of the pice range of most people.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Apr 24, 2017, 11:32:31 PM
VR is still way too far out of the pice range of most people.

Yep.  It's a gimmick and a fad to be enjoyed by people with a lot of expendable cash (and possibly more money than sense), at least for the time being.  I should imagine that someday VR will become commonplace but that's many, many moons away from now, by my estimation.

I'm pretty darn certain that this current incarnation of VR will be dead in the water in a few years time.  It surely doesn't help matters that VR is mostly inundated with barely-interactive glorified tech demos, including this 'Alien: Covenant' VR experience by the looks of things.  Like I said, it's a gimmick.  I'm just curious as to what will kill it off first; either the lack of a significant user base or the lack of games with any real substance.  Probably both, if history has taught us anything.

alienrapedme

Yeah. you can play Alien Isolation in VR, need to mod it though.
I played it a while ago on the DK2

https://www.vrcircle.com/how-to-enable-oculus-rift-support-in-alien-isolation-spare-underwear-recommended/

fiveways

Quote from: St_Eddie on Apr 24, 2017, 03:23:28 PM
Quote from: fiveways on Apr 24, 2017, 01:46:49 PM

http://i.imgur.com/xdYnZcA.jpg

Thanks man!

Ragonk_Force

This video has some images and description of the in utero video

RayneStorm82

Wow that was short! Still quite cool to get that scene from a different perspective.

Darth Vile

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Hopefully someone's going to upload a video that's actually watchable in 2D?

EDIT: Sorry, I just noticed the settings.  Still, it's a bit annoying to have two images on screen at once.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed