Alien: Covenant & The Engineers (spoilers)

Started by Predaker, Apr 23, 2017, 03:21:46 PM

David unleashes the juggernaut's payload upon an unsuspecting civilisation, but who are they really?

Engineers
30 (58.8%)
Other (please explain)
21 (41.2%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author
Alien: Covenant & The Engineers (spoilers) (Read 8,519 times)

Predaker

Predaker

Ridley Scott is bringing us a sequel to Prometheus that basically ditches the engineers and centers around the origins of the Alien now. Why not keep the engineers around a little longer rather than doing away with them as a living group?

Will we ever see any of them alive again?

Pvt. Himmel

Yes we will... Its what I choose to believe. :)

Evanus

I doubt we'll see a living engineer again. Well, maybe one or two. But I mean, if Ridley wanted to have engineers in the story, he would have done it now. Instead, he kills them all.

But I hope I'm wrong!

cliffhanger

This movie will be about the Alien.

next movie will be about an unavoidable clash between humans and 'engineers'.
well, it's what i hope.

Predaker

How about a sequel that has two of the last engineers show up from far away, discovering what happened to their home, and going after David?

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 23, 2017, 03:35:51 PM
This movie will be about the Alien.

next movie will be about an unavoidable clash between humans and 'engineers'.
well, it's what i hope.

That could be interesting!

SpeedyMaxx

Ridley has made it clear he intends to move closer and closer to Alien and the alien, and away from the Engineers.

I don't like it but this is his final solution.

Predaker

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 23, 2017, 03:45:26 PM
Ridley has made it clear he intends to move closer and closer to Alien and the alien, and away from the Engineers.

What do you think are the chances he will include one or two more last engineers to spice things up?

Infected

How about some colonial marines vs engineers ffs

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 23, 2017, 03:53:51 PM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 23, 2017, 03:45:26 PM

What do you think are the chances he will include one or two more last engineers to spice things up?

I doubt it. I think this movie shows us how Ridley is getting out of everything he left behind in the last movie.

cliffhanger

@speedymax

For this movie, yes indeed. He also stated he is willing to yank out a bunch more of alien movies if that's what 'the audience' wants.
that doesn't neccesarily mean however that every movie is going to be about xenomorphs completely.

i find the title 'Awakening' rather interesting. An awakening of what, exactly? It seems we're going to get the xeno origins in this movie,
so it can't be about alien origins (alien awakenings). So it must be about something else. So what 'awakening' ?

Humans awakening? Of what? Engineers awakening? I'll even go there; awakening of 'tha godz', the Space Jockeys?
I agree that there is no reason left to believe the engineers are not the space jockeys, but, what the hell, why not give it a chance?

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 23, 2017, 03:59:31 PM
@speedymax

For this movie, yes indeed. He also stated he is willing to yank out a bunch more of alien movies if that's what 'the audience' wants.
that doesn't neccesarily mean however that every movie is going to be about xenomorphs completely.

i find the title 'Awakening' rather interesting. An awakening of what, exactly? It seems we're going to get the xeno origins in this movie,
so it can't be about alien origins (alien awakenings). So it must be about something else. So what 'awakening' ?

Humans awakening? Of what? Engineers awakening? I'll even go there; awakening of 'tha godz', the Space Jockeys?
I agree that there is no reason left to believe the engineers are not the space jockeys, but, what the hell, why not give it a chance?
I thought Awakening was a prequel to Covenant, or has that changed??

Evanus

I'm willing to bet Awakening simply stands for the awakening of the true Xenomorph, and the awakening of the colonists aboard the Covenant. And it's most likely just a sequel to Covenant, not a prequel.

Hemi

Why would you want them even back... They were boring in Prometheus and I'm glad David bombs the sht out of them at the start of covenant. I think it's a nice statement. :P

Predaker

Quote from: Hemi on Apr 23, 2017, 04:04:55 PM
Why would you want them even back... They were boring in Prometheus and I'm glad David bombs the sht out of them at the start of covenant. I think it's a nice statement. :P

I think that is quite refreshing, but would you be up for seeing one or two last engineers do some freaky sht with their biomechanical suits on?

Darth Vile

For continuity purposes, the engineers need to be long gone by the time of Alien...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed