New Entertainment Weekly Stills

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 21, 2017, 04:28:15 PM

Author
New Entertainment Weekly Stills (Read 21,054 times)

Anthony

Anthony

No idea what's going on in this thread anymore.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Anthony on Apr 22, 2017, 05:19:38 PM
No idea what's going on in this thread anymore.

Tell me about it. People need to locate a thesaurus to find the meaning of the word "thought":laugh:

Instead of jumping down my throat cause I chose to share one. ::)

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Maybe I do. But it gets tiring to see posters jumping to insane and unrealistic conclusions about a movie that's already been well-spoiled. From the wild suppositions about the Engineers to this, it feels like people looking for any excuse to be less dissatisfied with what they've heard.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 22, 2017, 05:29:16 PM
Maybe I do. But it gets tiring to see posters jumping to insane and unrealistic conclusions about a movie that's already been well-spoiled. From the wild suppositions about the Engineers to this, it feels like people looking for any excuse to be less dissatisfied with what they've heard.

I know what you mean, buddy. It was a stupid thought, and some of mine can get pretty wild.

And I'm fine with what I've read of the film so far. :)

GrimmVision

SpeedyMaxx, consistent combativeness against those who're sharing their thoughts and theories on the future stories of films they love and adore is lame. This is a place for discussion - not to constantly be told "no", "nope", and "not going to happen" because we let our minds wander. Regardless of whether or not you're attempting to save us from "dissatisfaction".

Just ease up on us a bit. We all share a passion for the same thing.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: CoalescedChaos on Apr 22, 2017, 06:49:04 PM
SpeedyMaxx, consistent combativeness against those who're sharing their thoughts and theories on the future stories of films they love and adore is lame.

We all love and adore these films. I'm just being practical. But you're right.

Sway

Sway

speedymaxx is my favorite poster. a bit of an ass, sure...but he leans toward logical vs individual fantasy scenes seemingly pulled out if thin air.

rabidranger

You're projecting you're own misgivings about the film and that is exhausting.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: rabidranger on Apr 22, 2017, 07:14:45 PM

You're projecting you're own misgivings about the film and that is exhausting.

I really wish I had anything left to project. :P This is about what I know to be in it.

I expect the film to be a lot of fun and do well. It looks amazing and improves on the prior one in many ways already. Creatively I feel disappointed by it. But I've expounded on that already so I won't again. What I will say is it's equally exhausting to hear people willfully avoid the facts we know to be true to avoid honestly engaging with the actual material and what we know it contains. But I'm done talking about it.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

@SpeedyMaxx - I understand how it can be frustrating to read wild theories which don't align with the leaked plot for 'Alien: Covenant', given that that leak is, let's face it, spot on.  Still, you seem to realise that people posting theories is not hurting anyone.  Let them eat cake.

@CoalescedChaos - I adore your signature by the way.  It's strange how a few abstract shapes can be so recognisable to an 'Alien' fan.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: St_Eddie on Apr 22, 2017, 07:27:48 PM
@SpeedyMaxx - I understand how it can be frustrating to read wild theories which don't align with the leaked plot for 'Alien: Covenant', given that that leak is, let's face it, spot on.  Still, you seem to realise that people posting theories is not hurting anyone.  Let them eat cake.

Doin' it.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: rabidranger on Apr 21, 2017, 05:55:22 PM
Are the Engineers gathered for some sort of event in that domed structure or in response to the juggernaut showing up? It would be interesting if the former and David is making a statement ("I'm your God now"!).

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 21, 2017, 05:53:53 PM
Quote from: Enoch on Apr 21, 2017, 05:27:43 PM
As I said this place is some holy site on some kind of sacred planet if you will. I think those pseudo engineer humanoids are some kind of priests, and they are not the Engineers from the Prometheus. They are not Engineers at all.

For the 99th time: They are the Engineers and Ridley Scott is doing away with that storyline.

For the 99th time that's conjecture on your part.

Is anybody else getting a feeling there might be some Planet of the Apes type scenario going on (the original movie)?

Think of the "engineers" from Prometheus as humans nearly destroying their own ecosystem/society (no birds, no animals) and the "engineers" we are presented in Covenant as the survivors of this all, who just begun evolving from the ashes of this downfall. The city itself might be a combination of parts of the old culture and new elements build around.

Thats why when David arrives with the flying saucer (and i bet he is the one in control of that flying scorpion tail too) they are all drawn to the arenaesque plaza, cause they only seen anything like it on murals or heard of it in legends. Thats why they have no defence or anything like it either, or maybe the "have", but none of them is able to control what is left of something like a planetary defense system etc.

Or maybe they have seen things like that, maybe they even have build temples around it, but now for the first time they actually see one of it flying.

Passage of time then explains their different look. No longer being a space nation :D and no longer being able to use the biomechanical attachments their bodys began to look less bulky (gravity), thinner (roooids) and they are not that pale anymore either, cause they actually have to leave their house to put food on the table.

GrimmVision

@CoalescedChaos - I adore your signature by the way.  It's strange how a few abstract shapes can be so recognisable to an 'Alien' fan.

Thank you kindly, sir! 8)

cliffhanger

Quote from: CoalescedChaos on Apr 22, 2017, 06:49:04 PM
SpeedyMaxx, consistent combativeness against those who're sharing their thoughts and theories on the future stories of films they love and adore is lame. This is a place for discussion - not to constantly be told "no", "nope", and "not going to happen" because we let our minds wander. Regardless of whether or not you're attempting to save us from "dissatisfaction".

Just ease up on us a bit. We all share a passion for the same thing.

this +2.

Pvt. Himmel

And so thou shall.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed