Purchasing a Pulse Rifle

Started by vegettoxtc, Apr 11, 2017, 02:57:46 AM

Author
Purchasing a Pulse Rifle (Read 1,313 times)

vegettoxtc

vegettoxtc

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have been waiting for years to get a pulse rifle of my own and I'm finally at a point in my life that I'm able to convince the wife to let me blow a little bit of money on a "silly toy".  I'm looking to find the absolute best pulse rifle i can get for under $400. I would love it to have the digital counter and SFX which I know can be hard to come by without your own modifications. Does anybody have any suggestions other than the Evike airsoft gun?  If this is as good  as i can get in my budget then that's fine but i just thought i would throw some feelers out there first.

Morose

Morose

I would get the Evike one. I have one myself. When I got mine I was unable to fire it. I think there was a factory problem. I still need to take it in but haven't do to my relentless studies!

In short the Evike one is the best choice. It's made out of great material and the bullet counter actually works when you shoot it.

They also come in different colors!

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Morose on Apr 12, 2017, 09:33:15 PM
I would get the Evike one. I have one myself. When I got mine I was unable to fire it. I think there was a factory problem. I still need to take it in but haven't do to my relentless studies!

In short the Evike one is the best choice. It's made out of great material and the bullet counter actually works when you shoot it.

They also come in different colors!
Do you have a link to where you got yours?

Morose

Morose

Just go to the Evike website and type in pulse rifle. It should come up.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Looks nice. Shame the under barrel doesn't function at all. There's multiple versions of this, which one would you go with?
http://www.evike.com/search/?search_in_description=1&sort=3a&keywords=pulse+rifle&x=0&y=0

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I've always wanted a replica Pulse Rifle. Not even fussed if it's a working airsoft gun or just a static prop. Never got around to buying one though.

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Apr 23, 2017, 03:07:12 PMLooks nice. Shame the under barrel doesn't function at all.

I vaguely recall seeing one airsoft replica that featured a working underbarrel shotgun, but I'm fairly certain that was a one-off custom build. At any rate, if memory serves the price was astronomical.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Darren, who did the Aliens Epilogue fanfilm, sold his custom Pulse Rifle which had a working underslung. It went for around £1k. As said, they're custom works though and cost a fair wack.

Vark_

Vark_

In my opinion, and like some said in the comments above, the standard airsoft version is the best quality / price alternative to any collectible -and overpriced- prop one could find. It's really decent looking, and you can eventually shoot it. Go for it !

For instance, I bought an used airsoft M41A (the one you can find on Evike) and built this wall-mount out of wood and metal + USCM patches (I did a little paint job on the gun, but not much).
It cost me less than 250$ for the whole set, and it does the job as well as any HCG wall-mounted prop.

I wouldn't hesitate a second if I were you. And don't forget you'd save money on the 400$ budget, with which you could buy a gift to your wife. So everyone wins !

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Love that wall mount!

You've done a nice job of the battle wear on the rifle, too.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Vark_ on Apr 25, 2017, 07:56:50 PM
In my opinion, and like some said in the comments above, the standard airsoft version is the best quality / price alternative to any collectible -and overpriced- prop one could find. It's really decent looking, and you can eventually shoot it. Go for it !

For instance, I bought an used airsoft M41A (the one you can find on Evike) and built this wall-mount out of wood and metal + USCM patches (I did a little paint job on the gun, but not much).
It cost me less than 250$ for the whole set, and it does the job as well as any HCG wall-mounted prop.

I wouldn't hesitate a second if I were you. And don't forget you'd save money on the 400$ budget, with which you could buy a gift to your wife. So everyone wins !
Vark's work never disappoints. Outstanding display!

Vark_

Vark_

I thought I had it posted way earlier, it's not a recent work.
Thanks anyway fellas ;)

Hope it could inspire vegettoxtc (and others) while saving money by the way ^^

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I've always wanted a replica Pulse Rifle, but I really want one with a working ammo counter. Not just one that lights up, but one that counts down when you pull the trigger and resets when you change the magazine. Something about that just tickles me.

vegettoxtc

vegettoxtc

Thanks for the advice everybody. I ended up getting the evike airsoft pulse rifle. I just ordered it yesterday and it's supposed to arrive on Thursday so I am stoked!  My son is a little jealous that his dad gets to buy such cool toys! Vark what kind of metal pieces did you use for your display?  I have seen a lot like that one on the web and that's kind of what I was thinking of putting together.

Vark_

Vark_

It was mostly a wooden bathroom floor panel that I dressed with 2 holed metal plates.
Two metal brackets support the rifle on that mount. Finally, a layer of mate dark and two layers of "metal charcoal" spray paint to uniformize, and you're done. Cheap, easy and fast to build, and also effective.

Here is a step by step method I made when I built it 3 years ago ;).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed