Arnold talks about The Predator

Started by The Wolverine Predator, Apr 05, 2017, 09:50:01 PM

Author
Arnold talks about The Predator (Read 70,615 times)

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

It is no big deal though, there are 7 billion humans on Earth at the moment and more have killed a Predator. I don't see why they'd single out Dutch.

One Predator lost to Dutch and to be honest, Dutch's fight wasn't impressive. He was getting manhandled so hard until he got lucky and the Predator just so happened to be in the path of a big log intended to activate a different trap, so Dutch improvised and used the weight of the log to drop it on the Predator.

Harrigan's fight was more impressive, he wasn't being pimp slapped across the jungle and actually used the hunter's own weapons against it. Dutch would've been an easy target for City Hunter because by then that little mud trick won't work.

Dutch is a great and memorable character no doubt, my favourite Predator protagonist, but I think people are wanking him a little too much to be honest.

The movie is about the Predators and I am glad that each of the films have pretty much been self contained, focusing only on the stars of the film coming to hunt on a safari.

If they do manage to bring back Arnie for a role, more power to them. I'm not against it. But I don't think Arnie's needed, Predator does just fine on its own.

Alien made the mistake of chaining itself to Ripley and now it can't shake her off. Thankfully Ridley is trying with the prequels and is doing a good job in my opinion. To echo what someone said here months ago -

QuoteIt's called A L I E N, not E L L E N.
;D

BishopShouldGo

I mean you need a good protagonist. You've got to have some structure and continuity otherwise you just have episodes lol. Lethal Weapon wasn't called Riggs and Murtaugh.

Terrible.

The Alien Predator

The second and third film do reference the first so there's continuity there and the latest one might also acknowledge the other movies as Shane Black said he's not ignoring them.

You don't need one good protagonist, each film can have its own good protagonist.

SpeedyMaxx

Again: No Predator is the lead in the new movie.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Apr 18, 2017, 12:57:05 AM
The second and third film do reference the first so there's continuity there and the latest one might also acknowledge the other movies as Shane Black said he's not ignoring them.

You don't need one good protagonist, each film can have its own good protagonist.

Like barely. Barely. A few seconds' worth of reference! You could take out those few sentences between the two and the movies wouldn't change. They don't recognize it in a significant way.

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 18, 2017, 01:44:33 AM
Again: No Predator is the lead in the new movie.

Nor should one ever be. The Predator is the star? No sir, the predator is the icing, and icing is nothing without a good cake(characters and story) to put it on.

The Alien Predator

Those few lines still give it continuity to the first film.  :P

And yes, you're right, the Predator is the delicious icing to put on the cake (characters and story)

Even you said so in the plural sense and that's what we got. Arnold does not count as "characters" since he is only singular.  :)

BishopShouldGo

Alright then.

Lieutenant Mike Harrigan

Quote from: genocyber on Apr 17, 2017, 09:12:44 PM
Studios are idiots thinking a cast of nobodies is more important to showcase than Arnold. He made Predator what it is today. The movies were never as good without him.
Arnold should be in it, the studio is making a mistake.

OWLF

OWLF

Arnold passed because his role basically was a very small cameo at the very end, with only a couple of lines, not very much different from the cameo he was supposed to have in Predators. Shane should have written him a much larger role, a supporting role would have been something Schwarzenegger would have agreed to do, but considering the small role he was offered, I can see why he turned it down. It´s too bad really, I myself would have loved to see Dutch once again and it would have been interesting to know what happened to him after all these missing years.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

I get why he passed - it's not a starring role - but at the same time I don't think he's owed one, and I think the new direction of the films (if it does well, that is) makes it clear that Dutch is intended for a big role in a sequel. Everyone would leave the theater talking Arnold, which is good for Arnold.

OWLF

OWLF

Considering he´s the main star in the original Predator movie and it´s one of his most iconic roles, and also that he still is a relatively known movie star world wide, (albeit now his box office draw is much smaller than it used to be), it would have really helped the box office of this movie to have his name attached to it. I also believe alot of people wanted to see him play Dutch again, and not in just some small cameo appearance at the end. Obviously the producers and the writers of this movie are totally out of touch with the fanbase or just straight up ignore them. Either way, it´s their loss in the end.

SpeedyMaxx

They're not just trying to reach the hardcore fanbase, though. This is for a larger audience.

I adore Arnold but he can't carry a major studio picture by himself anymore. This movie aims to establish a new setup with new ideas for the franchise and offered Arnold a major future role.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: OWLF on Apr 20, 2017, 09:38:43 PM
Considering he´s the main star in the original Predator movie and it´s one of his most iconic roles, and also that he still is a relatively known movie star Obviously the producers and the writers of this movie are totally out of touch with the fanbase or just straight up ignore them. Either way, it´s their loss in the end.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 20, 2017, 09:44:53 PM
They're not just trying to reach the hardcore fanbase, though. This is for a larger audience.

I adore Arnold but he can't carry a major studio picture by himself anymore. This movie aims to establish a new setup with new ideas for the franchise and offered Arnold a major future role.

His cameo at the end would've been better than a major role in this film. It would've been the cherry on top.

SiL

SiL

I think Arnie's heard 'It'll totally lead to a major role!' enough in his life.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed