Arnold talks about The Predator

Started by The Wolverine Predator, Apr 05, 2017, 09:50:01 PM

Author
Arnold talks about The Predator (Read 70,429 times)

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: SiL on Apr 22, 2017, 12:48:51 AM
Between his social media gibes at the President and his aforementioned work on various community projects, he's plenty out here.

He's out there, but it's intermittent. And it's not as a movie star, which is what this opportunity is about. The big splashy star revival was already tried on Terminator. It didn't work. I think this is worth a shot given the caliber of talent, a studio commitment (the opposite of an iffy production, unlike Predators where they just sent everyone to Rodriguez's yard) and IMO a good script. But that's me.

I haven't said this movie is going to be a monster hit and I wouldn't say that for a certainty. I think it will do pretty good numbers, but I don't know that it will beat out AC or be some really massive blockbuster. I think it will do enough to greenlight a sequel. Beyond that who knows.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Apr 22, 2017, 12:56:25 AM
Nice Guys made $57 million worldwide.
Double checked and Box Office Mojo only lists the domestic, hence my number. But still, $57's not amazing. And is still his second highest-grossing movie.

QuoteAnd no zombie film before World War Z ever did gangbusters.
No zombie film had a $100 million budget, Brad Pitt, and a PG-13 rating -- three things this film is distinctly lacking.

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 22, 2017, 12:57:58 AM
And it's not as a movie star, which is what this opportunity is about.
Right, but what I'm mostly getting at is that I really don't think that's a priority for him any more. He nailed it and moved on. He still loves acting, but he doesn't need to be the greatest star in the world again. He did it already.

BishopShouldGo

This movie isn't an unknown quantity like The Nice Guys or Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, but it isn't stratospheric like Iron Man 3. I think AvP:R and Predators have shown the base for these movies no matter what is $130 million. So a good Predator movie for once has serious potential.

It doesn't, but if they can market it like the event film they want it to be, they'll have no problem yielding similar success. PG-13 rating is immaterial per Fox's other recent R rated successes. Scope and Pitt for WWZ helped eventize it, they'll just have to eventize this movie in the marketing.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Apr 22, 2017, 01:14:04 AM
It doesn't, but if they can market it like the event film they want it to be, they'll have no problem yielding similar success. PG-13 rating is immaterial per Fox's other recent R rated successes. Scope and Pitt for WWZ helped eventize it, they'll just have to eventize this movie in the marketing.
Marketing costs money. Large-scale event picture marketing can run to $100 million on its own. Would be nice if they spent it, but I really, really doubt it.

echobbase79

Quote from: SiL on Apr 22, 2017, 01:19:13 AM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Apr 22, 2017, 01:14:04 AM
Marketing costs money. Large-scale event picture marketing can run to $100 million on its own. Would be nice if they spent it, but I really, really doubt it.

I hope they put some big $$$ in the marketing. Considering that they want to reach a bigger audience with this.

Lieutenant Mike Harrigan

Lieutenant Mike Harrigan

Quote from: OWLF on Apr 20, 2017, 09:38:43 PM
I also believe alot of people wanted to see him play Dutch again, and not in just some small cameo appearance at the end. Obviously the producers and the writers of this movie are totally out of touch with the fanbase or just straight up ignore them. Either way, it´s their loss in the end.
This is exactly what i and most fans think. They dont care what fans want.

Quote from: SiL on Apr 21, 2017, 10:59:35 PM
Arnie taking a bit part in a Marvel movie makes more sense
Arnold in a superhero film? Possibly the worst idea ever. Did you forget Batman and Robin killed Arni's career? Arnold should stay away from awful children film like that(marvel)

Ushella

Ushella

Got a question, what do you people want from Arnold in, "The Predator"?
For me, personally, I can't see him fighting any Preds' as he's out of his prime. I can however see him as some Top Secret strategist tactician guy who gives out info to the elite soldiers who aim to catch/kill Preds. That's about it really. Unless they do a Logan approach
Spoiler
Spoiler
Where Dutch dies in the end, except Dutch gives one fatal blow to a Pred before his death. Then it ends with Thomas Jane punishing the crap out of the Pred
[close]
[close]

Quote from: Lieutenant Mike Harrigan on Apr 22, 2017, 05:55:02 AM
Quote from: SiL on Apr 21, 2017, 10:59:35 PM
Arnie taking a bit part in a Marvel movie makes more sense
Arnold in a superhero film? Possibly the worst idea ever. Did you forget Batman and Robin killed Arni's career? Arnold should stay away from awful children film like that(marvel)

Ayeeeeee, Batman & Robin is clearly different to Marvel films.

DavidCollins

Ushella,  The type of role i wanna see Arnold plays if he's in The Predator? Yeah pretty much like what you just described. Back in 87 he managed to off a predator and got away to tell the story. He became obsessed with this extraterrestrial hunter and set up his own investigation/research/intelligence small facility. He really knows a lot about this creature, their methods, their tendencies, their skills you name it. He's the guy you want around when it comes to Predator-hunting activities primarily because of his knowledge and insight of the predators. I don't wanna see him take on a predator mano a mano style, he's too old for that shit. He can be the CO who sheds the light on the whole alien encounter thing, enlightening the team on how to dismantle the technologically advanced alien. But of course, things can always go awry, no matter how trained and prepared you think you are, you never know what this cunning alien has in store for you. Long story short, i wanna see Dutch play a CO type of role where he's only responsible for the supervision tasks, not the one who pulls the trigger when shit hits the fan. Leave that to Quinn Mckenna and his team.

OWLF

OWLF

I also believe alot of people wanted to see him play Dutch again, and not in just some small cameo appearance at the end. Obviously the producers and the writers of this movie are totally out of touch with the fanbase or just straight up ignore them. Either way, it´s their loss in the end.
My thoughts as well, they just don't get it or simply just don't care.

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: OWLF on Apr 22, 2017, 08:31:17 PM

Not true at all, guys. According to the poll here, 51% of us voted that he should be given a cameo appearance whereas only 35% said he should be given a central role. Over 6,800 fans voted.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/polls/

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Apr 25, 2017, 08:51:57 PM

Not true at all, guys. According to the poll here, 51% of us voted that he should be given a cameo appearance whereas only 35% said he should be given a central role. Over 6,800 fans voted.

They don't care about one particular website but about the comments on the internet worldwide.

Stealth_Hunter

How can they determine what people think worldwide?

Lieutenant Mike Harrigan

Lieutenant Mike Harrigan

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Apr 25, 2017, 08:51:57 PM

Not all people voted or are on this site i didnt vote and i'd want Arnold in it (central role)

The fans want Arnold give it to us.

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Apr 25, 2017, 10:01:13 PM
How can they determine what people think worldwide?
Predator 2, while pretty good, flopped because Arnold was missing and Predators was a joke, Arnold was missing too. That should tell you something. Predator without Arnold is wrong.

Stealth_Hunter

QuoteNot all people voted or are on this site i didnt vote and i'd want Arnold in it (central role)

It's a large sample of a population that comes to this site solely because they are fans of the franchise. Such a large sample of Predator fans that an accurate assessment can be made, and its results don't support your claim. How do you know your claim is true, anyways?

QuotePredator 2, while pretty good, flopped because Arnold was missing and Predators was a joke, Arnold was missing too. That should tell you something. Predator without Arnold is wrong.

Your opinion of P2 and Predators aside, it all just tells me that Arnold in his prime was popular. His recent outings tell me he doesn't guarantee success in quality or box office. Quite the opposite, actually.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Lieutenant Mike Harrigan on Apr 27, 2017, 04:04:15 AMPredator 2, while pretty good, flopped because Arnold was missing and Predators was a joke, Arnold was missing too. That should tell you something. Predator without Arnold is wrong.

Neither of those films would've been any better if you suddenly put Arnie in them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed