New UK Poster

Started by Necronomicon II, Apr 04, 2017, 01:34:25 PM

Author
New UK Poster (Read 28,900 times)

howard.moody.566

howard.moody.566

Looks like the iconic photo of Ripley from Alien 3.

RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon

I don't like it. AT ALL. I thought I'd be the sole naysayer so I wasn't going to post a comment but then I read through the thread. I think my opinion is safe.  ;D

Hard-R

Hard-R

Can't believe this is legit....
Ridley would never have green lit this as the perspective/angle of the alien head is all wrong!

Corporal Hicks

bobby brown

bobby brown

Lame

Bojo

Bojo

Crikey,these art designers need to go back to College/Uni.  :P

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Well if that is the Korean poster, it's about what one would expect. At least it has the interesting take of AI vs Alien... although I'm fairly certain they're on the same damn team.

Where's the polish poster btw? Those usually rock. In a f**ked up sort of way.

markweatherill

markweatherill

I hear the Japanese poster will be based on that Korean one, but with the tagline PLACE BETS NOW.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 05, 2017, 08:26:02 AM
Well if that is the Korean poster, it's about what one would expect. At least it has the interesting take of AI vs Alien... although I'm fairly certain they're on the same damn team.

Where's the polish poster btw? Those usually rock. In a f**ked up sort of way.

Polish posters used to rock. Now they're the same as the others.

RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon

AVAI  ;D

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 04, 2017, 05:00:27 PMJust a quick comparison. Those are non-promotional posters. Real art.

I love artwork-style posters, but they haven't been a thing in the industry since the late 80s.

Look at the awesome artwork posters they used to do for each and every James Bond movie. Now it's just a photo of Daniel Craig walking towards camera pasted onto assorted backgrounds.

Fans are the only people who make proper artwork posters any more.

MajorB

MajorB

Quote from: RocketRaccoon on Apr 05, 2017, 08:54:50 AM
AVAI  ;D

Whoever wins, the Engineers lose!

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

As much excellent artistic merit as that baby-inside-Engineer's-head poster has, I'm not at all sure what kind of a thematic message an ordinary person would be meant to take away from that. Human beings = brain cancer? A lot of people would just be WTFing about it.

Quote from: Enoch on Apr 04, 2017, 06:12:55 PM
Regarding Predator, I find this version one of the best:

https://www.filmonpaper.com/posters/predator-original-artwork-thailand/

Maybe it's the way Dutch looks a little feminised, but that makes it look like an advert for a 1980s music video. :)

Also a strange choice to have the Hueys firing bullets from radio antennas...

Love the way the dreadlocks turn into skinned cadavers hanging upside-down, though. That part was inspired.

Pvt. Himmel

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Apr 05, 2017, 01:09:27 PM
As much excellent artistic merit as that baby-inside-Engineer's-head poster has, I'm not at all sure what kind of a thematic message an ordinary person would be meant to take away from that.

Do you care about ordinary people? It's an art. It must be provoking, intriguing and compelling. And it's way better than this ... thing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed