The Complete Predator Omnibus

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 04, 2017, 09:47:12 AM

Author
The Complete Predator Omnibus (Read 8,079 times)

Corporal Hicks

As we don't seem to have a thread about this one.

https://bnccatalist.ca/ViewTitle.aspx?id=9195134

QuoteContains CONCRETE JUNGLE, COLD WAR and BIG GAME

CONCRETE JUNGLE: Summer in New York City, where the violent crime rate rises with the temperature. At the height of the heat, NYPD detectives Rasche and Shafer encounter the most brutal homicides they've ever seen. But a close encounter with one of the murderers and a warning from the government leads Shaefer to suspect an alien influence and a government cover-up.

COLD WAR: A Predator ship has crashed in the wilds of a Russian taiga, and the Russians and the Americans are keen to lay hands on the prize. Reluctantly, NYPD detective Shaefer, the only man to kill a Predator and live, is dispatched to investigate, followed by his ex-partner.

BIG GAME: Deep in the rugged New Mexico desert, a strange aircraft has landed. In response, the commander of a nearby army base sends out search patrols. What he doesn't know is that an alien Predator has arrived, hunting for human prey. But Corporal Enoch Nakai, a Navajo soldier, sees the creature in action—his buddy slaughtered in a blinding flash—before narrowly escaping with his life.

Jan 30, 2018 release.

Russ840

Russ840

It's not encouraging that there is no volume number on this.

Thanks for the info

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, does seem to indicate we may not be seeing the DH Press ones which is unfortunate.  :'(

Russ840

Russ840

I'll have to go back to finding an old copy of South China Sea then  :'(

Corporal Hicks

Be ready to spend some good dollar.  :(

Russ840

Russ840

This is my concern. Lol. I tend to just give in and pay for things like this in the end and regret the expense later.

felix

felix

Are there enough Predator novels to merit a Omnibus 2?

Corporal Hicks

There's another 4.

felix

felix

I was only aware of South China Sea and Turnabout.

Corporal Hicks

There's also Forever Midnight and Flesh and Blood.

felix

felix

The non-Yuatja books. I didn't like them.

Russ840

Russ840

So what concept does South China fall under

Hishe or Yuatja

felix

felix

They didn't say. But feels Yuatja.

Corporal Hicks

It was neither of them. But it felt more like the movie Predator than either Hish or Yautja to me.

felix

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed