Alien: Covenant TV Spots

Started by ace3g, Apr 03, 2017, 01:25:59 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant TV Spots (Read 136,478 times)

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

It is curious considering it seems so out of place compared to everything else we've seen so far. An underground Giger-esque labyrinth would be wondrous, but also wishful thinking.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: acidreign on Apr 23, 2017, 12:39:06 AM
Quote from: kwisatz on Apr 22, 2017, 11:51:14 PM
Quote from: St_Eddie on Apr 22, 2017, 11:43:27 PM
I really wish that Ridley Scott wasn't taking so much influence from our own history and architecture.  I mean, I understand that he's coming from the 'we're them and they're us' angle with the Engineers but damn, I really wanted me some Gigeresque planet of unholy nightmares.

I guess that's the problem with nigh on 40 years of dreams and expectations, in regards to that mysterious space jockey from 'Alien'.

I hear you mate, but if these engineers are just some sort of aftermath culture there might be a whole Gigerian city buried underneath this Vatican simulation.

At least we can dream together!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b9/Blade_Runner_unicorn.png

While that won't likely happen there *is* at least this nod to Gigeresque aesthetics:

Ever since this shot was first released I've been trying to figure out where this tunnel is located.

It's probably not part of the crashed Juggernaut since it looks pristine and the ribbed architecture is much more reminiscent of the original Derelict from Alien.

A subterranean chamber under the Citadel perhaps?

Then the pictures of the so-called Scorpionaut leaked and I think this very well might be part of that vehicle/structure.

I have a strong suspicion that the silhouetted figure might be David just before or after he emerges onto the platform to release the black goo bombs.

What do y'all think?

I mean, compare these huihui

But doesnt that actually speak for re-design, considerung its not just a tunnel but a derelict corridor? Why would there be more Giger-esque ships and not so Giger-esque ships? And the suit of the engineer in Prometheus was quite Giger-esque. A Giger-esque Engineer in a not so Giger-esque ship? Now gonna need some ansaas Ridley Sir!

Fox forcing Giger back into the design. Wonders never cease!

acidreign

acidreign

Comparison

Juggernaut, Prometheus:

Juggernaut, Covenant: here you can see that the architecture is virtually the same as in Prometheus.

Giger Tunnel, Covenant: clearly distinct in style from the Juggernauts (or at least the parts we've seen). Reminiscent of the Derelict.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Ah i missed that we already have a corridor shot from Covenant.

Yeah now im completely lost. Because thats is definitely not an ordinary tunnel its almost identical to the 1979 derelict corridor. Though there might be an ordinary Tunnel in Covenant that looks just like the 1979 corridor which i would find a bit meh. And even more so because showing this early in production would be a bit misleading the fan, huh Ridley, you hear me?

I guess it could just be a very similar tunnel, lol.

acidreign

acidreign

I guess we'll just have to wait and see where it is when the movie comes out!

It is kind of heartening that there are at least some things that can't be easily inferred from leaks, trailers and set reports.

bunnyavpg

bunnyavpg

Look at the floor of all three pics. The Prometheus Juggernaut has a clean floor, the Covenant Juggernaut has a slightly dirty floor and the Covenant corridor has soil completely covering the floor.

We know that the Prometheus and Covenant Juggernauts were different vessels but they were both in the hangars and thus clean, so we can presume that the ship David and Shaw left in was in as pristine condition as the one that crashed.. There's an opening in the side of the Juggernaut in Covenant so we can presume that nature (wind borne leaves, etc.) has invaded the interior spaces.

The 'new' corridor from Covenant is a different matter though, it looks like a covering of fine sand rather than dried leaves, etc.

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

I take my first extended look at the international trailer, which contains never-before-seen footage of the bombing sequence, as well as a nice ECU of the alien's head. Good stuff.

Spoilers!

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: bunnyavpg on Apr 23, 2017, 03:03:12 AM
Look at the floor of all three pics. The Prometheus Juggernaut has a clean floor, the Covenant Juggernaut has a slightly dirty floor and the Covenant corridor has soil completely covering the floor.

We know that the Prometheus and Covenant Juggernauts were different vessels but they were both in the hangars and thus clean, so we can presume that the ship David and Shaw left in was in as pristine condition as the one that crashed.. There's an opening in the side of the Juggernaut in Covenant so we can presume that nature (wind borne leaves, etc.) has invaded the interior spaces.

The 'new' corridor from Covenant is a different matter though, it looks like a covering of fine sand rather than dried leaves, etc.

Reminded me of this at the first look.

I thought it might be ash (dead engineers), where David has planted the eggs into to grow, maybe its the black goo becoming earth again. The surrounding of the egg chamber does look mildly Giger-esque too. Giger underground torture corn city im ready.

edit: Another thought: maybe after the bombing the black goo oozed through the hole in the middle of the plaza into an underground tunnel system carrying the decomposed bodyparts of the engineers with it. David didnt create the eggs they are like fruit bodys, like blossoms that have grown over time out of the black goo/dead engineer humus. David knew they were there but until the arrival of the Covenant he actually wasnt able to trigger them (no more human shaped organism left on the planet). Maybe only the neomorph is his own creation. Maybe its less "perfect" because it only derives from a combination of the black goo with flora.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: acidreign on Apr 23, 2017, 02:32:37 AM
Comparison

Juggernaut, Prometheus:

Juggernaut, Covenant: here you can see that the architecture is virtually the same as in Prometheus.

Giger Tunnel, Covenant: clearly distinct in style from the Juggernauts (or at least the parts we've seen). Reminiscent of the Derelict.

I am wondering if the corridor of that last image could belong to the interiors of the "Mother Juggernaut" (A.K.A Scorpionaut).

Unless...we are going to see the Derelict (or another ship but with the same design) in Alien Covenant, even though I know that is unlikely and perhaps this particular architecture is just part of the interiors in the Engineers citadel :p

Anyway, I'm happy because we are going to see this kind of backgrounds on AC. Since the biomechanical structures were totally absent in Prometheus.

rabidranger

rabidranger

The eggs are one of things I'm most curious about.  Even though I doubt Shaw turned into an egg laying Queen I think she's involved somehow.

acidreign

acidreign

I think the eggs in that chamber are created by David cultivating/crossbreeding the local goo-infected plant and animal life.

If you look at some of the pics of David's lair/lab you can see illustrated charts hanging in the background depicting what look like plant spores and primitive facehugger-type organisms.

According to descriptions of the SXSW footage there is a scene where David explains to another character a little about what he's been doing, but I'm willing to bet the details of the process will be implied rather than explicitly depicted.

Daz1999

Daz1999

Are any of you guys worried you're seeing too much? , I remember watching Prometheus and thinking wow I feel like I've seen every major scene already, I've tried not to do the same this time, it's hard though!  :)

El Diablo

El Diablo

Quote from: Daz1999 on Apr 23, 2017, 10:15:50 AM
Are any of you guys worried you're seeing too much? , I remember watching Prometheus and thinking wow I feel like I've seen every major scene already, I've tried not to do the same this time, it's hard though!  :)

True. I felt like I'd seen everything by the time PROMETHEUS was released.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

Quote from: Daz1999 on Apr 23, 2017, 10:15:50 AM

it's taking up pace a bit too much lately.
The Empire Magazine shot of David unleashing hordes of vases/canisters was mega, and epic, and perfect. It was just enough.
Unfortunately, i feel that with the latest vids, showing those vases actually being dropped, and seeing black stuff splattered over the citizens,
that it's giving away too much.

it would be better NOT to have shown that, and keep it restricted to the empire shot.

but oh well.

Walter

Walter

No any single Engineer's did not alive ?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed