New Alien Covenant Poster!

Started by SuicideDoors, Mar 23, 2017, 01:01:44 PM

Author
New Alien Covenant Poster! (Read 54,734 times)

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 28, 2017, 11:51:05 AM
Quote from: cliffhanger on Mar 28, 2017, 07:35:38 AMthe problem is, Alien3 completely killed and destroyed that. there was so much to go for and all the worst were taken.
They never had to kill the crew. That would have been a base for so much more.

For everyone who is bitter that they killed Hicks and Newt, there's someone who finds the idea of the three of them going around as some kind of Alien ass-kicking family really cringe-worthy.

wanting them to survive in Alien3 does not equal wanting to see them as a Alien asskick family at all.
As i mentioned above, i didn't mention Newt at all except for her survival.
As far as i'm concerned, she should have been taken into temporal custody in a safe haven with her family,
there's a easy (cheap) solution to have her have uncles and aunts and nephews and that they would gladly take care of her,
with Ripley promising she'll come back soon, a promise she can't keep.....

Ripley not being able to allow a space station with many families to get the same aftermath as Hadley's hope colony to happen,
and Hicks backing her up in her plan to infiltrate the compound and put an end to what's going on there, and mayhem already haven
started when they arrive.

As far as i'm concerned, either Hicks or Ripley could have died during those events. Hicks sacrificing himself to save Ripley for example.
Or at the end Ripley gets facehugged and Hicks promises he'll protect her and cryo her in and will take her to scientists he knows that
can help her, so she doesn't kill herself. It would actually make Resurection still possible somehow.

Thing is, Ripley already turned into the 'space alien warrior' and we have had zero problems with Weavers portrayal in every single outing,
so i dont think that would be a huge issue. Hicks grew into a heroic character during the events of Aliens and simply got hurt, he could
put a great performance in being a slightly handicapped hero.

Ripley was hardly badass in Alien, she became a absolute badass in Aliens. Hicks was a great marine in Aliens, he could have become
absolutely legend in Alien3.

again, there were so many possibilities to go with Alien3. Unfortunately, Hicks and Ripley are too old now to continue where they left off and turn Alien3 in a nightmare instead of canon.

fernandito

fernandito

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 28, 2017, 05:21:24 PMLogic doesn't dictate that at all.

Who says future spaceship thrusters are even that hot? They wouldn't need to be,
hahah ok whatever it takes man

all aboard the roflcopter folks.

We are airborne!!

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: fernandito on Mar 28, 2017, 08:24:11 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 28, 2017, 05:21:24 PMLogic doesn't dictate that at all.

Who says future spaceship thrusters are even that hot? They wouldn't need to be,

We are airborne!!

Maybe the acid blood that sprayed all over the place from the puncture wound in its chest provided a temporary protective coating.  :D

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Dangerous Days on Mar 28, 2017, 05:37:08 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 28, 2017, 05:21:24 PM
Quote from: Dangerous Days on Mar 28, 2017, 05:10:50 PMBut logic dictates, at least to me, that if the alien's exoskeleton can withstand a blast from the thrusters of a spaceship, considering the extreme forces involved, different as they maybe, then a spear should present little problem.

Logic doesn't dictate that at all.

Who says future spaceship thrusters are even that hot? They wouldn't need to be, the only reason rocket engines are hot now is because of the fuel we use. Relatively thin plate steel would protect you from moderate heat for a few seconds (certainly as long as the Alien is in the exhaust stream in the film), but an armour-piercing bullet will go straight through it.

I believe they were supposed to be plasma. At least according to RS.

In the script the thrusters were supposed to incinerate the alien. So yes, they were supposed to be pretty hot.

Yeah they're suppose to be hot and they are suppose to incinerate the alien. Apparently since neither is shown on film in detail it didnt happen at least to some.

We are airborne!!

He is quite right, there are forms of propulsion that don't require heat. I believe one example is an Ion Drive, which we already have today.

jm79

jm79

Hey guys, I was wondering what these areas were.

The red area looks like something with an eye? (perhaps the thing subjugated in the Prometheus Mural?)

Also, what is that in the green area? Looks like some weird growth from the Alien head...

(unsure of how to post an image, so attached the file!)

Dangerous Days

Dangerous Days

Quote from: Predaker on Mar 28, 2017, 08:49:48 PM

We are airborne!!

Maybe the acid blood that sprayed all over the place from the puncture wound in its chest provided a temporary protective coating.   :D

Big Chap is still alive I tell you! The engines gave him a nice little push and he floated back to David's secret base under LV-426 to report his findings on cats, ladies underwear and sharp objects, which bloody well hurt!... Plasma engines are fun though; give you a nice little tickle. :laugh:

I blame it all on RS's 1999 directors commentary myself. Talking about the alien being invincible and perfect when commenting on Ash's speech, gave a good fanning to the flames of misconception.

Got to love good old Ridley.

I always get a good laugh out of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIJgJ8919J8&list=PLNet5r3MhTpHVKwmoVafl_DqnxEpJgbhw&index=16

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 28, 2017, 08:55:15 PM

Yeah they're suppose to be hot and they are suppose to incinerate the alien. Apparently since neither is shown on film in detail it didnt happen at least to some.

And people complain about cgi... But if there had been cgi in 1979, you would not have this argument now.

Anthony

Anthony

Scott's Best Of Prometheus is f**king amazing. I can't wait for his Covenant commentary.

freehugs

freehugs

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 28, 2017, 06:11:42 PM
Quote from: freehugs on Mar 28, 2017, 06:07:15 PMi apologize for my over-generalization - i know they used puppets and practical effects (which were interesting on their own) - but you missed the point.  the digital trickery used to sew their puppets into the movie left much to be desired.

That wasn't digital either. It was composited optically, the old-fashioned way. The only thing done digitally was its shadow, and that isn't really what makes it look awful.

*sigh* still not the point... however they did it, the digital trickery used to sew their puppets into the movie left much to be desired.  i'd just love to see the shots of the alien running/on the ceiling/approaching ripley touched up one day.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: freehugs on Mar 29, 2017, 12:39:50 AM*sigh* still not the point...

It sort of is when you say "i just wish someone would go back and update the cgi" :P Because there's hardly any CGI to update and what little there is looks OK.

But yeah, the rod puppet compositing looks really bad today. A shame because the behind the scenes footage of the puppet being filmed show that it was beautifully made and animated. They just screwed up editing it into the film.

Dangerous Days

Dangerous Days

Quote from: Anthony on Mar 28, 2017, 11:47:06 PM
Scott's Best Of Prometheus is f**king amazing. I can't wait for his Covenant commentary.

Unfortunately, the Prometheus one has been blocked by FOX because of copyright.

The Duellists and The Martian ones are great as well. Love the running joke about his commercials. 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500 commercials. LOL

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

We are airborne!!

You need to take a step back and chill out with the condescending attitude. If your intent here to just to slag off fellow fans for differing opinions and you're unable to maintain a reasoned and mature discussion over the subject, you're better off not participating at all.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

https://twitter.com/PrometheusFilms/status/846870245805580292

QuoteYou can't run. You can't hide. You can only scream... And die

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's just another Scified thing.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 29, 2017, 10:50:00 AM
It's just another Scified thing.

Yeah i know, but i was thinking looking at that maybe there will be a third one and piece together like a puzzle???

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

While it may be fake, I like the idea of "die" as the final teaser poster tagline!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed